National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research(NCAOR)
National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research (NCAOR) Invites applications for the post of 27 Vehicle Mechanic, Vehicle Electrician, Cook & Various Vacancy 2018. Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
1.Name of the post- Vehicle Mechanic, Vehicle Electrician, Cook & Various
No of post- 27
Pay Scale- As per NCAOR Rules
ITI, Diploma, BSC.
Terms of Employment:police recruitment
- Initial period of contract shall be for a period of 5 months or 14 months starting from October/November, 2018 depending upon the need and suitability of the candidates. Based on the requirement, the contract can also be extended by few months.
- Contract wages of Rs.27,150/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of contract for those who are going to Antarctica on NCAOR contract for the first time. Contract wages of Rs. 36,200/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of contract for those who already have been to Antarctica on NCAOR contract.
- Selected candidates as member of team will be entitled for free boarding & lodging onboard ship and at Antarctica with special polar clothing. They will be entitled for specialHardship allowance(HDA) of Rs.1500/- per day during summer season and Rs. 2000/- per day during winter season for the actual duration of stay in Antarctica. Special Hardship allowance rates are subject to revision in accordance with subsequent government order.
- Winter season will be 1st March to 30th November of each calendar year.
- Summer season will be 1st December to 28th / 29th February of succeeding calendar year.
- Selected candidates depending on whether for short term or long term shall be entitled for special kit allowance of Rs. 20000/- (short term) and Rs. 30000/- (long term) subject to production of original vouchers.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Coverage upto 25 lakhs for the selected candidates will be provided by NCAOR for the expedition period.
- Short listed candidates will have to undergo Medical Examination at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and Pre-Antarctic Snow Ice Acclimatisation training at ITBP, Auli (near Joshimath, Garhwal, Himalayas) for about 15 days. The dates will be informed by NCAOR later.
- On final selection the candidates will be required to sign a contract with NCAOR.
- Selected candidates will participate in the Antarctic expedition as team members and will have to perform all the routine duties and jobs related to expedition as assigned by the Leader of Expedition from time to time.
Time & Date of Walk-in-Interview:10-07-2018 & 13-07-2018.
Interested Candidates may appear for a Walk-in-Interview along with bio-data, original and copies of certificates to prove their age, qualification etc.
click above to download
the employment notification