NO. HCE 623/2006
Last Date: 30 November, 2016
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL,
HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA, BENGALURU
With a view to encourage brilliant and talented Law Graduates to join the legal profession and to give them exposure to various facets of litigation and branches of law and familiarity with Court procedures, the proposal for
appointing Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants in the High Court of Karnataka till 31.01.2018, (which is subject to extension), has been approved by the High Court and the Government.
High Court of Karnataka invites application for the post of 26 Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants. Apply before 30 November 2016.
1.Post Name: Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants
No. of Vacancy: 26 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.15000/-
Educational Qualification: Degree in Law with a minimum of 50% marks, after undergoing a regular course and who have enrolled as an Advocate with the Karnataka State Bar Council on or after 01.01.2014.tamilnadu govt employment
Terms and conditions:
1.The Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants will be attached to the Hon’ble Judges of the High Court of Karnataka and he/ she will assist the Hon’ble Judge not only in the Judicial work but also in the administrative work.
2.The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
- Identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed;
- Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
- Research work on case law, books and articles for the purpose of assisting the Hon’ble Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
- Assisting the Hon’ble Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers.
3) The Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will have free access to the Court Room and Library and also to all materials including Computers and Internet. If necessary, he / she will be allowed access to the chamber of
the Hon’ble Judge, with the permission of the respective Hon’ble Judge.
4) The assignment will be from the date of appointment till 31.01.2018, which will be subject to extension. During the period of assignment the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of
Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
5) The assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full-time one and during the assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will not be entitled to practice as a Lawyer or to take up any other employment. He/ she is liable to maintain confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply High Court of Karnataka Vacancy: Interested Candidate may apply in prescribed Application form along with all relevant document send to the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru on or before 30.11.2016.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 30.11.2016