Last Date:22 Oct,2019
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU)
Interested candidates to work as Assistant Professor, Assistant Scientist and Various 23 posts in Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) should send their applications in prescribed format along with documents to the given address before the last date of 22-10-2019 .The Punjab Agricultural University reserves the right to reject any or all the applications or cancel the entire selection process without assigning any reason thereof.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor, Assistant Scientist and Various
No of post – 23
Pay Scale – As per norms
12th / Graduate / Ph.D / Master’s degree /M.Sc./ M.E/ M.Tech .
General Information:upsc notifications
- Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the following posts on the prescribed form (along with detailed qualifications, experience requiredand other relevant information) obtainable from the concerned officeson any working day from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. in cash at the counter by 22.10.2019forthese posts. The application forms can also be obtained by post from the office of Registrar (Sr. No.1 to 20 and 22), office of Directorate of Research(Sr. No.21) and office of Directorate of Extension Education (Sr. No. 23)by sending requisite cost of the application form in the shape of bank draft in favour of the Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana payable at Ludhiana along with self addressed envelope (28×12 cms) bearing postage stamps of Rs.40/- by 09.10.2019. The duly completed application forms for the posts with prescribed fee (as mentioned below against each post) in the shape of Bank Draft payable at Ludhiana in favour of Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana should reach in the office of Registrar, PAUby 22.10.2019
- Applications, which are incomplete/ not on the prescribed form/ received after the last date/ received without prescribed application fee shall not be considered. The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
- In service candidates should apply through proper channel.
- Appointment for posts at Sr. No. 18,19,20 & 23shall be co-terminus with the scheme in which these are provided.
- For posts at Sr.No. 5 to 20 only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- For posts at Sr.No.1 to 20, the minimum age of entry is 18 years and retirement age is 60 years.
- For posts at Sr. No. 21 to 23 age not less than 18 years and not more than 37 years as on 1.1.2019. Reservation and relaxation in age will be applicable as per Punjab Government policy.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed upto 45 years in the case of persons already in employment of the Punjab Government/other state government or the Government of India.
- As per decision of Board of Management vide notification No.14353 dated 30.10.2018 the relaxation in age will be upto 45 years for the employees who have been engaged in University on contract basis for applying to the non-teaching posts (as per notification No.GSR.33/Const./ART 309/94 dated 4.5.1994 by the Punjab Govt.). The relaxation in age will be equivalent to period for which the employee has served PAU/Govt. organizations/Boards/Corporations on contract basis.
- The candidate must fulfill the requisite qualifications by the last date of receipt of applications i.e. 22.10.2019.
- For Post at Sr.No. 5 to 20: 3% of the posts are reserved for physically handicapped persons belonging to Punjab state with 40% or more disability and the breakup of this reservation is as under:-
Blindness of low vision : 1%
Hearing Impairment : 1%
Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy (Ortho impaired) : 1%
- Attested copies of the Certificates regarding proof of handicapped and extent thereof, issued by Civil Surgeon of the district or place of which applicant is a permanent resident should be attached. It would also be certified in the medical certificate that the applicant is otherwise fit for the post he/she is applying for. However, if eligible persons are not found available in response to this advertisement, the posts will be filled out of other category/ categories and the points meant for persons with disabilities shall be carried forward for being filled from future vacancies.
- While making any correspondence with reference to the above recruitment, the candidate must mention his/her contact number and e-mail Address.
- All the candidates should attach photo copies of their qualifications (Detail Marks Cards), experience, reservation claiming documents and other relevant documents failing which no mark(s) (wherever applicable) will be awarded to them and they can also be declared ineligible for the post in absence of these documents.
- Pay scales and other service conditions for the above posts wherever applicable will be governed as per Punjab Government’s notification No.7/204/2012-4FP1/60 dated 15.1.2015 and circular No.7/204/2012-4FP1/66 dated 15.1.2015 and any other instructions issued by Punjab Government from time to time in this regard.
- For the posts at Sr. No. 21, 22 & 23 written test is prescribed, all applicants for these posts will be provisionally permitted to appear in the same. The candidate will himself/herself be responsible for meeting the minimum eligibility qualifications and other conditions. Applications of only those candidates will be processed for appointment who qualify the written test as well as meet the minimum eligibility qualifications and other conditions.
- The corrigendum/addendum, if any, will be issued on our website (www.pau.edu) only.
- All the updates and notices regarding non-teaching posts will be uploaded on the website www.pau.edu. Thus the candidates are advised to visit the website on regular basis. No separate information be sent through post or other means. Any information uploaded on the above mentioned website will be deemed to have reached the candidates and responsibility for not visiting the site and responding thereto in time, will be entirely of the candidates.
- Though every care has been taken, yet any mistake crept inadvertently is subject to correction.
- The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) in Ludhiana is Asia largest agriculture University, Punjab is a state agricultural university in India.It was established in 1962 and is the nation’s third-oldest agricultural university, after Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar and Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar. It was formally inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, on July 8, 1963. PAU pioneered the Green Revolution in India in the 1960s. It was bifurcated in 2005 with the formation of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU).
- The Punjab Agricultural University was established in 1962 to serve the state of erstwhile. In 2006, the College of Veterinary Science was upgraded to become Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University (GADVASU) at Ludhiana.
- The PAU has played a key role in increasing food grain production in the Punjab State several folds share its reputation and ushering in an era of Green Revolution in India. It has made notable contributions in increasing livestock and poultry production. In recognition of its outstanding achievements in agricultural research, education and extension, it was adjudged the Best Agricultural University in India in 1995.
- The Punjab Agricultural University now has four constituent colleges, viz. College of Agriculture, College of Agricultural Engineering, College of Home science and College of Basic Sciences & Humanities.
- At present the university, through 28 departments in the four constituent colleges, offers 31 Master’s and 30 Ph.D. programmes. The course curricula are constantly revised and restructured to keep pace with the latest developments in agriculture and allied fields.
click above to download
the employment notification