Last Date:04 February,2019
Integral Coach Factory(ICF)
ICF aka Integral Coach Factory Invites Invites applications for the post of 220 Apprentice. Apply before 04 February 2019. ICF Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.icf.indianrailways.gov.in
Name of the post – Apprentice
No of post – 220
Pay Scale – 3542/-, 4984/- (Per Month)
General Information:delhi sarkari naukri
- Candidates who have already undergone or are currently undergoing apprenticeship under Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973, and/or having one year or more experience are not eligible to apply.
- Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, Indian Railways invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering (passed during 2016/2017&2018 ), for undergoing one year Apprenticeship Training under the Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973.
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by a Statutory University in relevant discipline, in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- A Degree in Engineering or Technology granted by an Institution empowered to grant such degree by an Act of Parliament in relevant discipline.
- Graduate examination of Professional bodies recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
- A Diploma in Engineering or technology granted by a State Council or Board of Technical Education established by a State Government in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering or Technology granted by a University in relevant discipline.
- A Diploma in Engineering and Technology granted by an Institution recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to above.
- Age limit will be followed as per Apprenticeship Rules.
- Guidelines under Apprentices Act on Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be followed. Those who are claiming reservation under SC/ST/OBC/PWD shall provide certificate as per Government standard format, failed which their claim for reservation will be considered as ‘General’ category only. If BC candidates claiming OBC category, they should bring OBC certificate as per the approved (OBC) format from the certificate issuing authority.
- As prescribed in Clause 4 of the Apprenticeship Rule 1992, and amendments thereof if any.
- The duration of Apprenticeship training will be for a period of one year as per Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973.
- Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) is entrusted with the task of preparation of shortlist from the online application data. Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the percentage of marks obtained in the basic prescribed qualification as applicable to the respective disciplines. Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through their registered Email id.Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Certificate Verification at Chennai.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending certificate verification.
- No boarding or lodging expenses are admissible.
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period, Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, shall have no obligation to offer employment to such apprentices nor can an apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
- The list of selected candidates shall be published on 28.02.2019 in the website: http://www.boatsrp.com under Organized Events & News Section in home page.
- INCOMPLETE/ERRONEOUS ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER DUE DATE WILL BE REJECTED: No further communication in this regard will be entertained.
- Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) has not entrusted / authorized any individual organization to coordinate (or) liaison our work. Candidates beware of touts and our office is not responsible for such unwanted incident.
- The Integral Coach Factory is one of the earliest production units of independent India. It was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru on 2nd October, 1955. Later the Furnishing Division was inaugurated on 2nd October, 1962 and the production of fully furnished coaches steadily increased over the years. Spread over nearly 511 acres, it has about 10,408 employees to turnout more than 2000 coaches every year which includes conventional and self propelled coaches.
- ICF is capable of manufacturing many types / variants simultaneously. Every year new variants are added to the product mix. ICF invented and experimented with new type coaches such as, self propelled or special type coaches. ICF has produced 58,554 coaches since its inception in 500 plus different designs.
- ICF has turned out a record outturn of 2503 coaches during the year 2017-18 consisting of more than 63 variants. ICF was awarded the Environment and Cleanliness Shield for the year 2017-18 and also received the second prize in Best Transformation Initiatives from Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Railways.
- ICF has bagged an export order from Srilanka for supply of 78 DEMU coaches and the first rake consists of 13 coaches has been shipped.
- ICF is known for its efforts in the eco – preservation front be it creation of exclusive green forests in the ICF surroundings, installation of windmills and solar panels for generation of electricity. ICF is a Zero discharge factory and also a ‘Green Workshop’. ICF has developed Green houses in its premises, where it would develop saplings and it is supported by a Poly House where the seeding process for the saplings would be undertaken. ICF has become the only organization in Indian Railways to have completely neutralized green house gas emission due to its industrial activity and achieved Carbon Negative status.
- At 63rd Railway Week – National Awards Function was held at Bhopal, ICF has been awarded the Best Environment and Cleanliness Shield for the year 2017-18 from Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Railways. An abandoned lake located inside the ICF campus has been revitalized and turned the water body in an eco friendly manner. In the 9th edition of Waste and Resource Management Summit 2018 held at New Delhi, ICF received the GreenCo GOLD shield and Certificate & a Platinum shield for IGBC green schools was awarded to ICF Silver Jubilee Schools from Confederation of Indian Industries – Godrej Green Building Council. To add green to the ICF admin premises a unique roof top garden has been set up on the terrace of the admin building.
- ICF had completed glorious 60 years since inception and celebrated Diamond Jubilee in the year 2015 and had turned out 50,000 coaches, the highest by any rail coach manufacturer in the world and thirdly, dedicated a new unit to the Nation with state-of-the-art infrastructure to manufacture stainless steel LHB coaches. Today, ICF is the forerunner in the manufacture of self-propelled coaches viz. EMU, MEMU and DEMU in the country.
- ICF has bettered the existing facilities and added new facilities for the ICF employees both within factory/Office premises and in residential colonies. These are dedicated by the senior most employee of that area. That boosts the morale of the employees. 500th such inaugurations is planned to be held on 29th December.
- In tune with the policy of IR to completely switch over to stainless steel body coaches, ICF is gearing up to modernize the infrastructure. The new unit set-up to manufacture stainless steel LHB coaches has a capacity to turn out 300 coaches a year. This unit has the state-of-the-art infrastructure like Robotic spot welding centre, Robotic MIG welding centre, 5-axis machining centre, Laser cutting cum welding machine, other CNC machines, jigs and fixtures to manufacture stainless steel coaches with precise quality. Under Complete Switchover Project CSP-1, two new bays of size are being added. This shall envisage additional 300 LHB coaches. Under CSP-2 ICF would convert its existing Shell Division from Corten steel car body making shop to Stainless steel car body making shop. This project shall start during the current year. Once completed, ICF would become a mega stainless steel coach manufacturing unit of IR.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form