Last Date:21 Oct,2019
Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (IMMT)
IMMT is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 22 posts of Scientist, Technical Assistant and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 21-10-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. Print of duly filled online application along with photocopies of related documents should send to given address latest by 15-11-2019. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post — Scientist, Technical Assistant and Various
No of post — 22
Pay Scale — Rs. 90668 ,Rs 161600 ,Rs 104896 ,Rs. 47328
B.Sc. / M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc. (Engg.) or Ph.D.
General Instruction:public sector recruitment
- Applicants should fill & submit separate online applications for each post code, if they wish to apply for more than one post, on or before the last date prescribed for receipt of online application.
- Candidates must go through the detailed advertisement about name of post, post code, qualification, experience, age, relaxation, etc., available on the Institute website, before submission of the online application.
- The following documents/information are required for filling up of online application:
(a) Scanned copy of Colour Pass Port size photograph < 50 kb
(b) Scanned signature < 50 kb
(c) SB Collect Reference No., ___ Dt. ______ Amount_Rs.100/- (if applicable)
(d) Mark sheets and certificates of all examinations
(e) Authentic document regarding equivalent converted %age in case of CGPA grading.
(f) Motivation to position applied in 250 words
(g) Future plan of research in 500 words (applicable for Scientist posts)
- Candidates must give details of educational qualifications starting from 10th standard/HSC/SSC onwards, name of Board/University/Institute, Total mark, marks secured, %age of marks, etc.While filling up the online form candidates should use short form in columns for Board/University/subjects.
- Applicants are required to fill up the marks in different examinations in percentage. Where marks awarded in CGPA/CPI/GPA etc., such candidate are required to convert the CGPA mark into %age as per the formula prescribed by the institute & indicate the same in %age and attach proof in support. Online application shall be rejected if an applicant does not attach authentic proof of conversion formula from the concerned Institution.
- Candidates should clearly mention whether they possess the required relevant experience after the date of acquiring essential qualification with detailed duration duly supported by experience certificate without which their candidature shall not be considered. Candidates are advised not to mention any experience which is obtained prior to the essential qualification.
- Application fee is non-refundable. Fee once paid shall not be refunded nor adjustedagainst any other post under any circumstance.
- After submission of online application, forward the hard copy along with details of application fee paid, affixing one passport size colour photograph along with other documents which should reach CSIR-IMMT on or before the last date prescribed for receipt of hard copy applicationfailing which their candidature shall be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to keep a few identical copies of the colour passport photographs which they may be required to produce later.
- The applicants serving in Govt., Autonomous Bodies, PSUs must submit NOC at the time of interview, if through proper channel copy is not received, failing which they will not be allowed to attend interview.
- Call letters will be dispatched to the candidates at the correspondence address as given in their application. Therefore, candidates should ensure that they intimatetheir change of correspondence address immediately as no request for issue of duplicate call letter, intimation by any other means shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Any corrigendum to advertisement, details of shortlisting, schedule of interview, change in the schedule of interview, decision to cancel the advertisement fully or partly, shall only be notified on the Institute website. Therefore, applicants are advised to regularly keep on visiting IMMT website for latest up-dates.
- CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (IMMT) was established on 13.04.1964 as Regional Research Laboratory, Bhubaneswar in the eastern part of India under the aegis of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. It was renamed in 2007 with a renewed research focus and growth strategy to be a leader in the areas of mineral & material resource engineering. The institute has expertise in conducting basic research and technology oriented programs in a wide range of subjects to address the R&D problems of mining, mineral and metals industries and ensure their sustainable development. For the last one decade, the main thrust of R&D at CSIR-IMMT has been to empower Indian industries to meet the challenges of globalization by providing advanced and zero waste process know-how and consultancy services for commercial exploitation of natural resources through the public-private-partnership (PPP) approach. Today, CSIR-IMMT is the first choice for many mineral based industries. It is also carving out a niche in processing of advanced materials for greater value addition and working on resource use efficiency of critical raw materials
- On May 3 CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (IMMT) campus at Bhubaneswar was devastated by cyclone Fani. CSIR-IMMT is well known for its lush green campus and vegetation all round. In the aftermath of Fani nothing remained and the surroundings were unrecognizable. Trees uprooted every 50 m on the road and every 3 m on the green belt area of the campus. It took us some time to fathom the carnage of cyclone Fani. Along with it started long power cuts as expected and water shortage due to the breaking of pipelines and power outage. Although it took 5 days to get back the power, water supply was restored within 24 hour.
- This was possible due to timely maintenance of diesel generator set as it was operational round the clock for 5 days and repairing of broken water pipelines by the Engineering Services Department. We were one of the luckiest ones in Bhubaneswar to get electricity connection in five days as our lines are all underground and not damaged by the fallen trees.
click above to download
the employment notification