Last Date:23 August 2019
Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMC)
OMCL aka Odisha Mining Corporation Limited invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 21 Executive. Apply before 23 August 2019. OMCL Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.omcltd.in
Name of the post – Executive
No of post – 21
Pay Scale – 67,700 – 2,08,700/-
BE/B. Tech. in Mechanical/Electrical,/Diploma in Mining Engg. with 1st Class MMCC or B.E./B.Tech in Mining Engg.
General Instruction:employment news
- The candidates who are waiting for final result of prescribed base educational qualification for the posts of Dy. Manager (Mining), Dy. Manager (Mechanical) & Dy. Manager (Electrical) in E-2 grade are not eligible to apply.
- The Executives & Non- Executives of OMC, having requisite prescribed qualification acquired through regular course(*) applying for the post of Dy. Manager (Min.)/ Dy. Manager (Mech.)/Dy.Manager (Elect.) and belonging to the same cadre of Dy. Manager (Min.)/ Dy. Manager (Mech.)/Dy.Manager (Elect.), shall be considered as Departmental Candidates. The upper age limit for them shall be relaxed up to 10 years.
- Prescribed qualification acquired through AMIE (A&B)/ Correspondence course shall only be considered in case of Executives & Non-executives of the same cadre, who are already in OMC regular service as on 01.10.2012.
- The candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand) only for each post towards Application fee in Online Mode.(As mentioned at How to Apply Section)
- The candidates are advised to submit only one Application for each post. In case a candidate submits Multiple Applications against a particular category of post, then the Latest Application submitted by the candidate shall be considered. In such a case of Multiple Applications, the applicant has to submit the application fee against his/her latest Application. No request for adjustment of application fee for such latest application against the fee paid for the earlier applications, if any, shall be allowed.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST of Odisha, eligible PWD candidates and Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
- Unemployed SC/ST candidates of Odisha called for Personal Interview will be allowed to reimburse to & fro journey expenses as per State Govt. norms.
- Candidates are requested to visit Corporation website. www.omcltd.in Recruitment Portal only at regular intervals for any notification, news, updates, results etc. relating to recruitment.
- The decision of OMC Management will be final & binding on candidates in matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, selection of candidate, cancellation of the recruitment process, etc. No enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- At any stage of recruitment process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information, then the candidature /appointment of the candidate shall liable to be cancelled.
- Canvassing in any form shall be viewed adversely & shall lead to disqualification.
- The selected candidates shall produce the required documents at the time of joining at their place of posting as per provisions of OMC R&P Rules for Executives 2012 (visit Corporation website www.omcltd.in)
- Any dispute arising out of this connection will be subject to jurisdiction of appropriate Courts in Bhubaneswar only.
- Interested eligible candidates may visit OMC Website www.omcltd.in and apply online within the scheduled dates as prescribed in the “Instruction Sheet” as well as in this advertisement.
- Odisha is one of the richest states in India in terms of mineral wealth. However, this wealth was largely untapped as mining is a very capital intensive industry and in the early years of independence capital was scarce. Under these circumstances, the Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMC) was incorporated on 16th May 1956 as a joint venture Company of Govt. of Odisha and Govt. of India with the objective of harnessing the mineral wealth of the State of Odisha through exploration, extraction as well as value addition.
- Four years later, following the withdrawal of the Govt. of India from the company, OMC became a wholly State-owned Corporation of Govt. of Odisha on 17th Nov 1961. As of now, it continues to be a wholly owned corporation of the Odisha Government, which has subscribed to the entire paid up capital of Rs.31.45 crores out of an authorized capital of Rs.100 crores.
- The major minerals mined by OMC are chrome, iron and manganese ore which cater to the requirement of mineral based industries such as steel, sponge iron, pig iron, ferro-manganese, ferro-chrome, etc.
- OMC has been growing steadily over these years and today it stands as the largest State PSU in the mining sector of the country. It recorded the highest ever turnover of Rs.2850 Cr. in FY2017-18.
- OMC is ably managed by an eminent Board of Directors consisting of Government Directors as well as Independent Directors. The Chairman and the Managing Director look after the day-to-day running of the Corporation under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
- That OMC has been classified as a “Gold” Category State PSU”, is a 100% debt free profit making corporation, is a testament to the excellent processes and systems put in place by the management team.
- One such system was the adoption of SAP, an ERP tool, since 2004 to streamline its business processes, bring synergy in functional activities across the organization, handle numerous business locations and expanding volumes. SAP also helps in bringing greater transparency in financial transactions and effective monitoring and financial control enabling the organization to take informed and timely decisions. As a matter of fact, OMC was awarded with the Golden Peacock Award in 2006-07 by the Institute of Directors, New Delhi for successfully implementing SAP across the organization.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form