Last Date:12 June,2019
No. 412-A-12/16/Sr. R/2017/Vol. V/Estt
Employees State Insurance Corporation Hospital (ESIC)
ESIC Hospital Kolkata will conduct a Walk-In-Interview for 18 conduct positions of Senior Resident at given venue. The Employees State Insurance Corporation Hospital Kolkata reserves the right to increase, decrease or withdraw any of the vacancies.
Name of the post – Senior Resident
No of post – 18
Pay Scale – Rs. 101000/- per month
Medical PG Degree in concerned specialty.
General Information:public sector recruitment
- Private practice of any kind will not be allowed.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for joining purpose.
- Candidate selected for engagement will have to execute a contract on a stamp paper of Rs. 100/-. The original contract will be with the hospital and its copy will be with candidate. Cost of the stamp paper will be borne by the candidate.
- On engagement Senior Residents will be required to deposit security of Rs. 32000/- (Rupees thirty two thousand only) through Demand Draft in favour of ESI Fund Account No. 1 at the time of joining, which is refundable only after completion of engagement period and on production of “No dues certificate”.
- Residential accommodation will be provided to the selected Senior Residents under Residency Scheme.
- A walk-in-interview will be held on 12.06.2019 at 10 AM at ESIC Hospital & ODC (EZ), Joka for immediate engagement and drawing up of panel for future engagement of Senior Residents in ESI PGIMSR, ESIC Medical College and ESIC Hospital & ODC (EZ), Joka in the following departments/specialties. Engagement under Senior Residency Scheme would be for a period of 3 years and engagement against GDMO will initially be for a period of one year and may be renewed/extended on yearly basis for a total period of 3 years including the initial one year, subject to satisfactory performance. Further the panel may remain valid for a period of three months from date of publication of result and may be cancelled/invalidated earlier without assigning any reason. Candidates who have completed 3 years tenure as Senior Resident in Govt. Institution need not to apply. Senior Resident who are already working in any Govt. Institution shall apply through proper channel. The total period, however, should not exceed the maximum period of three years.
- Not exceeding 37 years as on 12.06.2019. (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD as per rules).
- SR under Residency Scheme: As per 7th CPC LEVEL- 11 in the PAY MATRIX pay of Rs. 67,700/- + other allowances (as admissible as per Hqrs. Instruction).
- SR against GDMO: Consolidated Rs. 101000/- per month (No other allowances would be payable).
- At the time of Interview the candidates should bring along with them Original plus Attested copies of MCI/State MC Registration, Educational qualifications certificates/mark sheets from Matriculation or equivalent onwards, Experience certificate (if any), Proof of Age (Matriculation certificate/Admit Card), Caste certificate (in case of OBC candidate, updated OBC certificate in Govt. of India Format to be submitted), Disability Certificate from Competent Authority, and 2 recent passport size photographs.
- Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rs. 8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for the benefit of reservation.Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
- Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:- (i.) 5 acres of agricultural land and above;(ii.) Residential flat of 1000 sq.ft. and above;(iii.) Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;(iv.) Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
- The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
- The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
- Interested and eligible candidates may attend the Written test/Interview to be held at given venue on 12-06-2019 (10:00 AM) along with i) filled in application & Bio-Data in the prescribed format (appended) ii) the certificates in original and an Self- attested Xerox copies thereof.
- Employees’ State Insurance (abbreviated as ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. This fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is an autonomous corporation by a statutory creation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- In March 1943, B. P. Adarkar was appointed by the Government of India to create a report on the health insurance scheme for industrial workers. The report became the basis for the Employment State Insurance (ESI) Act of 1948.The promulgation of Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 envisaged an integrated need based social insurance scheme that would protect the interest of workers in contingencies such as sickness, maternity, temporary or permanent physical disablement, death due to employment injury resulting in loss of wages or earning capacity. The Act also guarantees reasonably good medical care to workers and their immediate dependents. Following the promulgation of the ESI Act the Central Govt. set up the ESI Corporation to administer the Scheme. The Scheme thereafter was first implemented at Kanpur and Delhi on 24 February 1952. The Act further absolved the employers of their obligations under the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 and Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923. The benefits provided to the employees under the Act are also in conformity with ILO conventions.
- The act was initially intended for factory workers but later became applicable to all establishments having 10 or more workers. As on 31 March 2016, the total beneficiaries are 82.8 million.
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), established by ESI Act, is an autonomous corporation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. As it is a legal entity, the corporation can raise loans and take measures for discharging such loans with the prior sanction of the central government and it can acquire both movable and immovable property and all incomes from the property shall vest with the corporation.The corporation can set up hospitals either independently or in collaboration with state government or other private entities, but most of the dispensaries and hospitals are run by concerned state governments.
click above to download
the employment notification