Last Date:01 Dec,2019
Naval Ship Repair Yard
Naval Ship Repair Yard) is Looking to appoint 145 eligible candidates as Apprenticeship Training (Karwar).Interested candidates may apply through provided online facility and should send print of applications along with all required documents of qualification, experience, age so as to reach the given address by 01-12-2019 .
Name of the post – Apprenticeship Training
No of post – 145
Pay Scale – Rs 9000
10th with min 50% marks and ITI in related trade.
General Information:psu jobs
- Interested eligible candidates are required to register online on www.apprenticeship.gov.in. The process for registration is as below:-
- Preliminary Step. Candidates are to keep scanned copy of following documents ready
(i) Passport size colored photograph
(ii) Qualification certificate (Matriculation / 10th Class)
(iii) Technical Qualification certificate (ITI All Semester Mark sheet / NTC)
(iv)Date of Birth certificate (10th Class Certificate / Certificate issued by municipality etc)
(v) Signature of candidate
- On www.apprenticeship.gov.in, Select Apprentices > Apprentice Registration > Enter required details in CAPITAL LETTERS such as Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Address, Institute Name, Council / University (NCVT / SCVT), Trade Name, Aadhaar No. and ITI Certificate No. in appropriate columns. Select Candidate Type (ITI Passed), Qualification Details (10th Standard) and add Technical Qualification (ITI). Upload 10th Standard Mark sheet, ITI All Semester Mark sheet or ITI National Trade Certificate (NTC), Birth Certificate (upload 10th Standard Mark sheet, if birth certificate is not available), photo, candidate signature and guardian (father / mother) signature >Click on Submit.
- On www.apprenticeship.gov.in Click on Apprentices > Apprentice Activation > Activate. An email will be sent to registered email ID with Activation Link. Login to the registered email ID and click on activation link to complete the Apprentice Registration. An email will be sent to registered email ID with Apprentice Registration Number (e.g. A123456789). Maintain a record of registration number. Date of Birth and Father Name can be used to login on www.apprenticeship.gov.in in future for editing apprentice profile, downloading & printing of “Apprentice Profile (My Profile)” and to apply for apprenticeship.
- On www.apprenticeship.gov.in Click on Apprentices > Apply for Apprenticeship > Establishment Name (NAVAL SHIP REPAIR YARD, KARWAR) > State (Karnataka) >Click on Search >Select “NAVAL SHIP REPAIR YARD, KARWAR” in search results > Under Establishment Trade Details – Click on Apply as per the trade> Enter the required details such as Apprentice Registration Number (e.g.
A123456789), Date of Birth and email ID >Click on Apply.
- On www.apprenticeship.gov.in> Apprentices > Apprentice Profile, enter required details, Click on Authenticate. Download and take colour printout of “Apprentice Profile (My Profile)”.
- On completion of online registration, candidates are required to forward print out of “Apprentice Profile (My Profile)” along with the under mentioned documents by speed / registered post to “The Officer-in-Charge, Dockyard Apprentice School, NSRY, Naval Base PO, Karwar, Karnataka – 581 308”.
- Candidates meeting eligibility conditions shall be intimated on their registered email.
- They shall appear for a written / trade examination at Naval Ship Repair Yard,Karwar in 1st week of February 20. Firm date for written examination shall be intimated to eligible candidates on their registered email ID. Written examination would be objective type based on 10th std syllabus of Mathematics, General Science and General Knowledge. Merit list shall be prepared on basis of performance in written examination.
- Candidates in order of merit would be called for document verification / interview in various trades and as per applicable reservation categories. On successful document verification / interview selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination at Naval Ship Repair Yard, Karwar. Candidates selected for document verification / interview will be paid second class train fare from
home / journey station to Karwar on production of original railway / bus ticket.
- Candidates are to come adequately prepared to accommodate themselves at Karwar on their own arrangements for 3-4 days in case of spillover of interview and medical examination.
- The stipend will be paid in accordance with Sub-Rule (1) of Rule 11 of Apprenticeship Rules, 1992. Minimum stipend as on 01 Oct 19 is Rs 9000/- p.m.
- Candidates selected finally are to sign on apprenticeship contract i.a.w. Apprentices Act, 1961 and join Naval Ship Repair Yard, Karwar by 01 Apr 20.
- Limited accommodation (for boys only) may be available in the hostel on first come first serve / merit basis for outstation candidates only.
- In accordance with Apprentices Act, 1961, it shall not be obligatory for Naval Ship Repair Yard, Karwar or any other Govt. agency to provide employment on completion of apprenticeship training.
- Naval Ship Repair Yard (Karwar) has been set up as a repair and refit organisation, on the Western Coast, as part of truncated Phase-1 of Project Seabird. The Yard commenced its role in Jul 06 and the Shiplift was commissioned on 08 Nov 06. The Yard has, since grown from strength to strength, successfully completing 13 refits, 83 AMPs and liquidating over 160 critical and operational defects.
- INS Dwarka has historical significance as it is the only IN establishment to have ever seen direct action with the adversary. Its origin can be traced back to the 1965 hostilities with Pakistan. On 07 Sep 1965, a flotilla of the Pakistan Navy carried out a small scale bombardment on Dwarka town with the objective of disabling the radar station there. Although the limited engagement caused insignificant damage of no strategic value, the Indian Navy realised the inevitable requirement to establish a forward outpost nearer to Pakistan. As a result, a small forward outpost was created in Feb 1966 at Port Okha under Naval Officer-in-Charge (Kathiawar). On 26 Nov 1972, this small outpost comprising four officer and 59 sailors was commissioned as INS Dwarka in its present location. NOIC (Kathiawar) was redesignated as NOIC (Saurashtra) on 07 Jul 1983. In Mar 1985, the office of NOIC (Saurashtra) was bifurcated and an officer of the rank of Commander was appointed as Commanding Officer, INS Dwarka. INS Dwarka, is under the operational and administrative command of NOIC (Gujarat).
- A unique Shiplift and Transfer System for docking and undocking ships and submarines with a maximum load carrying capacity of 9960 T.
- A Yard Utility Complex housing the DM water plant, LP Air Installation and a 10 MW Captive Power Plant.
- Cope Points along the piers to provide all services like Electrical Shore Supply, Fuel, Sea water, Fresh water, Compressed air, Oily Bilge and Sewage discharge.
- A service tunnel extends more than 2.5 km underground and houses the pipelines and cables for various services.
- The Yard has the following workshops:-
Integrated Mechanical, Electrical, Weapon & Radar Repair complex (MEWR).
Hull Fabrication & Outfitting Shop (SHOF).
Boat & GRP Shop (BGRP).
Ship Support Facilities Complex (SSFC).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form