Last Date:23 Sep,2019
Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)
Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
DLW Varanasi is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 10 posts of Group C (Sports Quota).Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 23-09-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Group C (Sports Quota)
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – As per norms
10th/ ITI and International/National certifiacte of related sports competition
General Information:andhra pradesh government jobs
- Recruitments of sportspersons shall tre dealt as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2O1″0lE (Sports)/4 (1)/1 (Policy) dated 31.12.20L0 read wrth modiflcations/ amendments issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
- Merely Registering/filling up orrline application on DLW website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for selection process, (.andidature of the candidate participating in the selection process is provisional at all stages.
- The decision of Railway Admirristration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence will be entertained in this regards. DLW Administration reserves the right to decide the nurnber of sports persons to be selected for any individual/team game depending upon their requirement for that sports and availability of suitable candidates fulfilling the norms.
- No post is reserved for SC, ST, and OBC, However the candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST/OBC communities for Fee relaxation are required to upload copy of self attested Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority, failing which no Fee relaxation is permissible and any such candidate paying less fee than Rs 500/- as applic’able to Generalcandidate shall be RE.IECTED,
- Sports persons having sports norms of higher pay matrix and applied against the vacancies for the lower pay matrix will be considered for applied level only if found eligible otherwise.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trials/ assessment, Applicant will have to bring their own playing kit. They may also be required to stay during the selection for 4-5 days,for which they have to make their own arrangements. The DLW Administration reserves the right to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change of place or postpone trials/assessment (at its own convenience), or even cancel trials due to unforeseen circumstances against which no claim will be accepted.
- Candidate should be in readiness to appear for the Trials etc. at short notice after the last date for submission is over.
- Sports person recruited agalnst sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment are found incorrect/ fake at any stage.
- Candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB/RRC examinations or candidates who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed need not apply in response to this employment notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when
- Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of the Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. DLW reserves the right to consider/ incorporate any subsequent changes/modification/additions/cancellation in the terms & conditions of recruitment under this Employment Notlce as and when applicable.
- Candidates selected through Sports quota will have to perform in his/her field of sports for a minimum period of 5 years. His/her performance will be assessed during fi rst two years of service (Probation period). ln case performance is no found up to the mark his/her service is liable to be terminated.
- DLW reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of the process of recruitment, if any irregularity/ deficiency is noticed in the application/candidature.
- For any Legal Dispute, the Jurisdiction will be CAT/Allahabad only.
- In the event of any dispute about interpretation or any mistake, the English version will be treated as flnal.
- Canvassing in any form, misbehavior or misconduct will lead to summary rejection and cancellation of candidature and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
- Candidates should bring all documents uploaded with ONLINE Applicatlon Form in Original along with one set of self attested photo copies (Date of Birth (Matriculation or Equivalent Certificate), Educational Qualification, Sports Achlevements, Caste Certificate, NOC from the employer, if working etc.) on the day of trial and assessment, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear in the Trial/Assessment. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by a self-attested translation in English/Hindi.
- In terms of Rallrvay Board’s lr.ttcr No [. (NG)-il/2004/RR’1/48 Dated 09.02 2005 (RBE No. 2512005) the sportspersons. who is recruited as Sr, Clerk against sports quota will have to pass the requisite type writing test (English 30 wr.rrds yrer rrinute or Hindi 25 words per minute) within Four years from the date his appointnrent.
- Railway Administration will not be responsible for any inadvertent error in the advertisement (DLW website would be primary and main source of contact with the candidates for various information during the selection.)
- The Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) in Varanasi, India, is a production unit of Indian Railways, that manufactures diesel-electric locomotives and its spare parts. It is the largest diesel-electric locomotive manufacturer in India. It is located on DLW to BHU road of the metropolitan city of Varanasi.
- Founded in 1961, the DLW rolled out its first locomotive three years later, on 3 January 1964. It manufactures locomotives which are variants based on the original ALCO designs dating to 1960s and the GM EMD designs of the 1990s. DLW has an annual production capacity of 250 locomotives and plans to increase it to 275 based on the current demand.Since inception,DLW has produced total 8099 locomotives (up to 31 January 2018) of various types. DLW now manufactures”More than one locomotive a day”. DLW manufactured 334 diesel-electric locomotives in last financial year 2016-17, which is the highest ever loco production by any loco manufacturing unit in India and bagged the “Best Production Unit Shield” for the second successive year.
- DLW locomotives have power outputs ranging from 2,600 horsepower (1,900 kW) to 5,500 horsepower (4,100 kW). Currently DLW is producing EMD GT46MAC and EMD GT46PAC locomotives under license from Electro-Motive Diesels (formerly GM-EMD) for Indian Railways. Some of its EMD locomotive products are WDP4, WDP4D, WDG4D, WDG5 and others as of June 2015. DLW recently started producing HEP capable WAP-7 high horsepower Electric Locomotives. Recently, it has been allotted to Santragachi & Tughlakabad Loco Shed. It will also produce WDG4G (ES43ACmi, Customized for IR) Locomotives From General-Electric Transportation.
- Besides the Indian Railways, it regularly exports diesel-electric locomotives and has supplied locomotives to other countries such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mali, Senegal, Sudan Tanzania, Angola, and Vietnam and also to a few users within India, such as ports, large power and steel plants and private railways.
click above to download
the employment notification