Last Date:12 Nov,2019
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
IIST is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 7 contractual posts of Senior Research Fellow and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 12-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Senior Research Fellow and Various
No of post – 07
Pay Scale – Rs 35000,Rs 31000,Rs 22000,Rs 20000
M.Sc / ME /M Tech / B.Tech.
General Conditions:psu jobs
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- All degrees mentioned above should be in FIRST CLASS. Candidates should posses the required qualification as on the last date for receipt of application.
- Candidates are advised to upload the relevant mark sheets and the Degree/ PG certificate at the time of registering the online application.
- The tenure of the position is for a period of One year or co-terminus with the project whichever is earlier. The tenure is extendable on performance and need basis subject to availability of funds.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the appointment at any time before completion of the tenure / project, if it so decides.
- Application received online only will be considered for processing under any circumstances.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the candidates while filling the profile.
- Facility for online submission of application will be available from 23.10.2019 (1600hrs onwards) to 12.11.2019 (upto1700hrs).
- A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned is required in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for written test/interview, as the case may be, based on merit.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid ‘to and fro’ Second class Railway Fare by the shortest route including reservation / sleeper charges on production of proof of journey such as Railway Tickets / Bus Tickets, etc. If the candidates travel in higher class of accommodation than the one prescribed, only Second class rail fare excluding the reservation charges / sleeper charges will be paid. The applicants are advised to make their own arrangements for their stay at Thiruvananthapuram, at their cost.
- Government strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who are selected for the positions have to join IIST by the specified date.
- Project Fellows are not entitled for hostel facility at IIST.
- Candidates are advised to visit the IIST website https://www.iist.ac.in/career/3 for any updates on latest status of their application.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a government-aided institute and deemed university for the study and research of space science, located at Valiamala, Nedumangad Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It is the first university in Asia to be solely dedicated to the study and research of Outer space.It was inaugurated on 14 September 2007 by G. Madhavan Nair, the then Chairman of ISRO.IIST was set up by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under the Department of Space, Government of India.A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India, was the Chancellor of IIST.IIST offers regular engineering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes with focus on space science, technology and applications.
- Envisioned to fulfill the requirements of scientists and engineers in the Indian Space Program, by offering undergraduate and postgraduate education and research programmes in space science and technology, the institute started functioning from the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) campus, Thiruvananthapuram, on 14 September 2007 with an initial investment of 270 crore (equivalent to 609 crore or US$88 million in 2018) and annual recurring cost of 40 crore (US$5.8 million) by the Department of Space.It is the only institute of its kind in India, which offers a BTech degree in Space Technology, and subjects exclusive to the arena of space science and technology.B. N. Suresh, former director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, is the founding director of the institute.
- On 14 July 2008, the Union Human Resource Development Ministry, on the advice of the University Grants Commission (UGC), conferred deemed university status, under a new category, to the institute for a period of five years.
- At its inception, the institute started functioning at the ATF Campus, under Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kerala. Modern environmentally friendly buildings of unique architecture merge well with the thickly wooded campus of 100 acres situated on the foot hills of Sahyadri.
- A state-of-the-art residential campus built near Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre in Valiamala, Nedumangad, Thiruvananthapuram was inaugurated by Dr. Manmohan Singh, the then Prime Minister of India on 25 August 2009.The institute started functioning in its new campus from 15 August 2010. The campus has an extension in the picturesque Ponmudi Hills, Thiruvananthapuram, for an observatory which is under construction.
- IIST offers undergraduate (BTech), master’s (MTech) and PhD programs in space science and technology, and also serves as a research centre.Doctoral programs in basic sciences and post-doctoral programs are also offered. Till 2013 batch, three different courses in BTech were offered, namely BTech in Aerospace, Avionics and Physical Sciences. As of 2014 admissions, a new 5-year Dual Degree (BTech + MTech/M.S) in Engineering Physics replaced the existing Physical Sciences branch. The MTech/M.S can be done in any of the following – M.S. in Astronomy & Astrophysics, MTech in Earth System Science, MTech in Machine learning and computing, MTech in Geoinformatics, MTech in Aerodynamics & Flight Mechanics, MTech in Structures and Design, MTech in Thermal and Propulsion, MTech in Control Systems, MTech in Digital Signal Processing, MTech in RF and Microwave Engineering, MTech in Power Electronics, MTech in VLSI and Microsystems, MTech in Material Science and Technology, MTech in Solid State Physics and MTech in Optical Engineering. The seats are limited to 20 in the dual degree program from the existing 36 in Physical Sciences. 60 students each are admitted to the Aerospace and Avionics branches.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form