Last Date:30 Aug,2019
Advt No.: PER/10/2019
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
IITM Pune aka Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 05 Upper Division Clerk. Apply Online before 30 August 2019. IITM Pune Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tropmet.res.in
Name of the post – Upper Division Clerk
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – 25500 – 58500/- Level 4
Bachelor’s degree and Knowledge of typing in English with minimum 30 w.p.m.
General Instruction:employment news
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum requirements and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for Written Test.
- If the number of application, received in response to advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to call all candidates for Written Test. Hence, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for Written Test to the reasonable limit through Short listing Process by adopting suitable criteria, like percentage of marks in Essential Qualifications as indicated by them in their application and/ or desirable qualification and/ or on the record of academic performance and/or relevant
experience for the post prescribed in the advertisement as per the specific requirement of the Institute and/or any other benchmark decided by the committee constituted to screen the applications.
- The criteria followed in short listing candidates will be final. No appeal or representation will be entertained against such Short listing criteria.No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for Written Test.
- The final selection of the candidate will be based on the candidate’s performance in the Written Test.
- Director, IITM has the discretion to prescribe any method for written examination, prescribe minimum qualifying marks for written examination which can be increased or decreased at any stage without assigning any reason thereof.
- Shortlisted SC/ST candidates called for written examination will be paid sleeper class to & fro train fare by the shortest route on production of original tickets.
- Experience and Desirable qualifications can be relaxed at the discretion of the Director in case of exceptionally good candidates.
- No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter
- Experience shall mean the experience in the relevant field acquired in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies after obtaining the minimum essential qualification.
- Online application submitted without the scanned copies of the certificates will be rejected.
- Director, IITM has the right to cancel the recruitment process at any stage, without assigning any reason thereof
- Any discrepancies found in the certificates will attract the disqualification of applications. Non production of the original certificate at the time of written test will also make the candidate disqualified. Candidates currently working in any other organization need to provide the proof of their current employment with a service/ experience certificate from th employer.Appointment order will not be considered as proof of current employment.
- At present, the place of posting is at Pune with transfer liability to any part of India.
- Selected candidate may have to join the post immediately on being found fit by a Medical Authority.
- The post is permanent on direct recruitment basis.
- Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with CV online: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers. Facility of submitting online application will commence on 11.07.2019 at 03:00 pm and close on 30.08.2019 at 05:00 pm.
- After submitting the online application, candidate must send the hard copy to the Administrative officer along with all necessary documents on the below mentioned address by indicating name of the post applied for and should reach the Administrative officer on or before 06.09.2019.
- The envelope, containing complete application, should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of Upper Division Clerk –for IITM”.
- Applicants working in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel. If application is not routed through proper channel, then the applicant must produce the requisite ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of written test. The specimen of the forwarding/ NOC is given below.
- The need to study the fundamental atmospheric problems and understand the mechanism of monsoon, weather systems and climate related processes in the tropical region, particularly over the monsoon region, became acute for India in 1950’s when the country’s post Independence economic development program was launched. Considering this urgent need the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), in its Third Congress, recommended the creation of meteorological research and training institutes in the tropical countries. The proposal was formally approved by the Government of India in February 1962 as one of the schemes under its Third Five Year Plan and finally the Institute was founded as the Institute of Tropical Meteorology (ITM) on 17 November, 1962 at Pune (the then Poona), as a distinct unit of the India Meteorological Department (IMD). Consequent upon the recommendation of the Committee for Organization of Scientific Research (COSR) appointed by the Government of India the Institute was transformed into an autonomous organization on 1st April 1971 under the name Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM).
- In the initial years, along with the IMD, the Institute functioned under the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation, but later in 1985, it was brought under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the Ministry of Science & Technology and now, with effect from 12 July 2006 the IITM has been under the administrative control of the specially formed Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
- Since its inception the Institute was functioning in Ramdurg House, one of the buildings of the IMD at Shivaji Nagar and at a few places on rental basis in Pune till IITM has its own building at Pashan. The campus at Pashan was developed in phased manner and some of the Divisions started functioning there from 1982 and the whole Institute from 1989.
- IITM is a premiere research Institute to generate scientific knowledge in the field of meteorology and atmospheric sciences that has potential application in various fields such as agriculture, economics, health, water resources, transportation, communications, etc. It function as a national centre for basic and applied research in monsoon meteorology.
- The Institute has a pride of place in the career of many eminent scientists, globally known for their contributions in Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences. Prominent amongst them are late Prof. P.R. Pisharory, late Prof. R. Ananthakrishnan, late Prof. G.C. Asnani, Dr. R.P. Sarkar, Shri D.R. Sikka, Prof. R.N. Keshavamurty, Dr. R.R. Kelkar, Prof. Jagdish Shukla, Prof. Sulochana Gadgil, Prof. B.N. Goswami, Dr. M. Rajeevan etc
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form