Last Date:12 July,2019
Advt. No. : 2018/10
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
TIFR aka Tata Institute of Fundamental Research invites applications for the post of 05 Tradesman. Walk in Selection 12 July 2019. TIFR Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tifr.res.in
Name of the post — Tradesman
No of post — 05
Pay Scale — 12500/- (Per Month)
ITI in the trade of Welder/Electrical/Machinist/Fitter.
General Conditions:himachal government jobs
- Candidates are required to apply only for designated trade mentioned in clause 2 and candidate should possess ITI certificate in the same trade. Candidates of other Trades need not apply
- Only fresh candidates will be considered for engagement.
- The engagement and training are strictly in compliance with the provisions of the Apprentices Act 1961 and the appointment will be temporary. Selected Candidate will not have any claim for any permanent or temporary appointment in the Institute either during or after the training period.
- Those who have already availed the apprenticeship will not be considered.
- Every Apprentice who has completed the period of training shall appear for All India Trade Test to be conducted by the National Council for Training in Vocational Trade to determine his proficiency in the designated trade in which he served as an Apprentice. The candidates would be given a certificate of proficiency in the trade by the National Council.
- Eligible candidates are requested to bring their application form along with original & copies of certificates and appear for walk-in-selection on July 12, 2019 at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 1 Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400005.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending walk-in-selection.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for stay in Mumbai during the apprenticeship training period.
- More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates are required to register in the apprenticeship portal www.apprenticeship.gov.in and bring confirmation email, at the time of appearing for Walk-inSelection, as per the instructions given at the end of this advertisement. Also it is requested to note the details viz. Name, Date of birth, Father’s/Mother’s name, Email-ID, Mobile number etc. till you complete your apprenticeship.
- Online application to be submitted on TIFR website i.e. http://www.tifr.res.in/positions
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is a National Centre of the Government of India, under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy, as well as a deemed University awarding degrees for master’s and doctoral programs. The Institute was founded in 1945 with support from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust under the vision of Dr Homi Bhabha. At TIFR, we carry out basic research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer science and science education. Our main campus is located in Mumbai, with centres at Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- It is the duty of people like us to stay in our own country and build up outstanding schools of research such as some other countries are fortunate to possess.” This was the vision that guided the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research which Homi Bhabha founded. The Institute was founded on 1st June1945 with support from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The Institute first began functioning within the Cosmic Ray Research Unit on the campus of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and moved to Bombay in October that year.
- In Bombay the Institute was housed at Kenilworth, a bungalow on Pedder Road. It was inaugurated by Sir John Colville, Governor of Bombay on 19th December 1945. In 1949, as the Institute grew, it found its second home at the Old Yacht Club Building (former home of Royal Bombay Yacht Club) near Gateway of India. The Cosmic Ray Group was the first to start functioning. The Nuclear Emulsion and the Electron Magnetism Group started in 1953. Work in Computer Science and Technology in 1954, and the first pilot machine became operational in 1956. The full scale machine, later named the TIFRAC was commissioned in February 1960.
- The foundation stone of the main building at the Colaba campus was laid by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1954. This constitutes the Institute’s main campus at present. The modern building on the seafront with gardens, lawns and a seaside promenade was designed by the Chicago architect, Helmuth Bartsch. The building was inaugurated by Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on 15 January 1962.
- In 1955-56 the Tripartite Agreement between the Government of India, Government of Bombay and the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust came into force at the Institute. The Tripartite Agreement envisaged extensive financial support from the Government of India and correspondingly a greater and more permanent representative for it on the Council of Management. Today, more than 99% of the expenditure of the Institute is borne by the Government of India. The Institute comes under the purview of the Department of Atomic Energy through which all grants are chanelled.
- In the 1960s the Institute expanded to start a Molecular Biology Group and a Radio Astronomy Group. A low temperature facility and a semi conductor group started around the same time. In 1964 a Basic Dental Research Group started which has since discontinued. The 1970s saw the Institute expand to include Theoretical Astrophysics and the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. Over the next two decades the Institute further expanded by founding new national centres: The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics in Pune, The Centre for Applicable Mathematics in Bangalore, The National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore. The latest in such efforts has been the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences which was founded in 2007. The work of the Institute is now carried out in three Schools: the School of Mathematics, the School of Natural Sciences and the School of Technology and Computer Sciences. The Institute was granted the status of a deemed university in 2003.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form