Last Date:20 May,2019
Advt. No. IIA/07/2019
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIAP)
IIAP is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 5 contractual posts of Project Engineer and Project Trainee.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 20-05-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Project Engineer and Project Trainee
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – Rs 60000,Rs 50000,Rs 20000
B.E/B.Tech in Electronics/ Instrumentation or equivalent with min 60% marks and min 5 yrs experience/Bachelor degree in Mechanical/ Production Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent with min 60% marks.
General Conditions:karnataka government jobs
- The appointment is purely temporary on contract basis and does not confer any privilege or benefit applicable to regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for one year, may continue till the duration of the project and will co-terminus with the project completion. Continuation of contract of appointment is subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project as assessed by the Institute on annual basis.
- The remuneration indicated is a consolidated and is inclusive of all allowances.
- There will be annual increase in the remuneration based on satisfactory performance.
- The date of determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidate as notified by Government of India from time to time.
- The candidates selected will be posted to work in ITCC/IIA, Bengaluru and are liable to be posted anywhere in India as per the requirement of the Project.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train/bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute reserves the right to limit number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for this post.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to be considered for the above said position may submit application through online only. Candidates are required to upload their scanned Curriculum Vitae (CV), Date of Birth Proof, Educational Qualification, Experience and Community Certificates in the online application.
- Misrepresentation or falsification of facts detected at any stage of the selection process or instances of misconduct/misbehavior at any stage during selection process shall result in cancellation of candidature without any notice and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- The selected candidate will be a member of the ITCC electronics team. The candidate will be actively involved in the test equipment development (including hardware and software) for testing of the Electromechanical Systems being manufactured by Indian Industries for
the TMT Project. Candidate may need to work closely with the Indian industries involved in the production of electromechanical components and their test equipments. A positive performance in this role will lead to increased responsibilities and an opportunity to grow within the Project. Job may require frequent travels to the industries.
- The selected candidate should be ready to work in any of the participating Institutes of TMT Project depending on the requirement of the Project viz. Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIAP),Bengaluru, Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune and Aryabhatta Research Institute for Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital.
- The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), with its headquarters in Bangalore (Karnataka state), is a premier National Research Institute of India. IIA conducts research primarily in the areas of astronomy, astrophysics and related subjects. It is widely recognised as a leading research center for Astrophysics in India.
- The institute has a network of laboratories and observatories in India, including Kodaikanal (the Kodaikanal Solar Observatory), Kavalur (the Vainu Bappu Observatory), Gauribidanur (the Gauribidanur Radio Observatory), Hanle (the Indian Astronomical Observatory) and Hosakote.
- IIA contributed to Astrosat, India’s first dedicated multi-wavelength space observatory. The Astrosat project is a collaborative effort of many different research institutions from India. The institute lead the developement of Ultra-Violet Imaging Telescope (UVIT).
click above to download
the employment notification