Last Date:29 Mar,2019
Union Bank of India (UBI)
UBI is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 181 posts of Credit Officer and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may fill application for these posts only through online mode latest by 29-03-2019. Candidates should make sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria for applied post. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Officer,Economist,Security
No of post – 181
Pay Scale – Rs 42020 – 51490,Rs 31705 – 45950,Rs23700 – 42020
B.E (Fire Engineering)/Post Graduate/Graduate in any discipline and MBA / PGDM with specialization in Finance / Accounting / International Business /Trade Finance OR CA/ICWA/CFA/FRM OR MA (Economics) / MS (Economics) / MFC.
General Information:tamilnadu govt employment
- The call letters for Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted) / Personal Interview can be downloaded by the eligible applicants from the Bank’s website www.unionbankofindia.co.in‟ under “Recruitments” > “Careers Overview” link. The list of the applicants shortlisted for Personal Interview will be published on Bank‟s website.
- The applicants who are shortlisted and / or qualify for Personal Interview will be informed through email and sms, in the email id and mobile number mentioned by the candidates in their online application. The Bank will not take any responsibility for any delay or failure of delivery of important communication emails/sms to the applicants.Hence, applicants are advised to regularly track their status on the Bank‟s website.
- The use of calculator, telephone and mobile phone of any kind, pagers or any other such instruments are not permitted during the Online Examination / Group Discussion (if conducted) and / or Personal Interview. The applicants are advised not to bring such gadgets as these will not be allowed inside the venue.
- The Bank will be free to reject any application at any stage of the process. The decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the applicant, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the applicant. In case it is detected at any stage of the recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false / incomplete information or has concealed or suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services shall be summarily terminated without notice.
- The Email address / communication address indicated by the applicant in his / her application shall be deemed to be correct for sending communication to them. Every communication addressed to the applicants on this address / email shall be deemed to have been served upon them.
- The applicant should produce System Generated Application Form and all the documents in original along with one set of photocopies, in support of his / her eligibility as per this notification, if invited for Personal Interview. The applicants failing to produce the Original Documents for verification will not be permitted to participate in the process and their candidature shall stand cancelled.
- The applicants claiming benefit of age relaxation under the category of Persons With Disabilities (i.e., Physically Challenged Persons) should submit a clear and legible copy of Disability certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority in case of Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as specified in “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016” in support of their disability. The prescribed format is attached as Annexure-V which if needed, may be printed and made use of. The applicants who fail to produce the certificate will not be allowed to participate in
- The applicants belonging to SC / ST Category should submit a copy of their Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Central Government of India, Dept. of Personnel and Training, Office Memo No.36012/6/88- Estt.(SCT), (SRD III), dated 24.04.1990 and No.36036/8/98-Estt. (Res.) dated 16.03.1999. The prescribed format of the SC / ST Caste Certificate is attached as Annexure-III, which, if needed, may be printed and made use of. The applicant who fails to produce the certificate will not be allowed to participate in the process.
- The Other Backward Class (OBC) Certificate to be submitted by OBC applicant should be in the Format prescribed by the Government of India vide Government of India,Dept. of Personnel and Training Office Memo. No. 36033/28/94-Estt.(Res.) dated 02.07.1997 entitled “FORM OF CERTIFICATE TO BE PRODUCED BY OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES APPLYING FOR APPOINTMENT TO POSTS UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA”. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation and shall indicate their category as General in the online application form. Caste Name mentioned in certificate should tally letter by letter with Central
Government list / notification. The prescribed format of the OBC Certificate is attached as Annexure-IV which if needed, may be printed and made use of. The OBC certificates not on the prescribed format and / or without the creamy / non creamy layer clause will not be accepted and the applicant’s candidature will be cancelled and he / she will also not be permitted to participate under the General / Unreserved category.
- The applicants belonging to EWS Category should submit a copy of their Income & Asset Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India, Dept. of Personnel and Training, Office Memo No.36039/1/2019- Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019. The prescribed format of the Income & Asset Certificate is attached as Annexure-VI, which, if needed, may be printed and made use of. The applicant who fails to produce the certificate will not be allowed to participate in the process.
- The applicants serving in the Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks and Financial Institutions) should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer.
- The applicants should retain sufficient copies of photographs uploaded by them in online application form. They are also advised not to alter their appearance, like by growing / shaving beard till the recruitment process is over.
- The applicants will appear for the Online Examination and / or Group Discussion (if conducted) and /or Personal Interview, etc. at the allotted centers at their own cost and risk and the Bank will not be responsible for any injury / loss etc. of any nature. However, the eligible outstation SC / ST and Physically Challenged applicants attending the Personal Interview will be reimbursed to and fro Second Class Rail / Ordinary State Transport Bus fare by the shortest route on production of satisfactory evidence of travel along with an application in this regard.
- Union Bank of India (Union Bank) was registered on 11 November 1919 as a limited company in Mumbai and was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi. At the time of India’s independence in 1947, Union Bank of India had four branches – three in Mumbai and one in Saurashtra, in trade centres. By the time the Indian government nationalized Union Bank of India in 1969, it had 240 branches. In 1975, Union Bank of India acquired Belgaum Bank, a private sector bank established in 1930 that had itself merged in a bank in 1964, the Shri Jadeya Shankarling Bank (Bijapur; incorporated on 10 May 1948). Then in 1985 Union Bank of India acquired Miraj State Bank, which had been established in 1929, and which had 26 branches. In 1999 the Reserve Bank of India requested that Union Bank acquire Sikkim Bank in a rescue after extensive irregularities had been discovered at the non-scheduled bank.
- Union Bank expanded internationally in 2007 with the opening of offices in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and Shanghai in the People’s Republic of China. The next year, Union Bank established a branch in Hong Kong, its first branch outside India. In 2009, Union Bank opened a representative office in Sydney, Australia.
- Union Bank of India (UBI; BSE: 532477) is one of the largest government-owned banks of India; the government owns over 90% of its share capital. It is listed on the Forbes 2000, and has assets of US$13.45 billion. UBI has around 4,300 branches. Four of these are overseas in Hong Kong, Dubai, Antwerp, and Sydney. UBI also has representative offices at Shanghai, Beijing and Abu Dhabi. Lastly, UBI operates in the United Kingdom through its wholly owned subsidiary, Union Bank of India (UK).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form