Last Date:19 Feb,2019
Advt No.: R/T/D(MES)63(01)/2019
West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB)
WBHRB is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 402 posts of Tutor/Demonstrator in 44 disciplines in the cadre of West Bengal Medical Education Service.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online from 12-02-2019 to 19-02-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. Candidates should fill all personal and educational details properly in application form.
Name of the post – Tutor/Demonstrator
No of post – 402
Pay Scale – Rs 15600 – 42000 + GP 5400
General Information:employment news
- Online Applications are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals as declared eligible by the Government of India for recruitment to 402 vacant posts of Tutor/Demonstrator in 44 disciplines under West Bengal Medical Education Service under Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
- A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible. The condition prescribed cannot be relaxed. The recruitment shall be made by selection, but where a large number of applications are received, as a result of Advertisement, the Board may, for the purpose of short-listing, hold a preliminary examination.
- Scale of Pay: PB-4A(BP: Rs.15600/- -Rs.42,000/-, Grade Pay Rs.5400/-).(As per the provisions of the West Bengal Medical Education Service (Pay & Allowances) Rules 1990, as amended from time to time, read with the WBS(ROPA) Rules,2009. The posts of Demonstrators/Tutors shall be strictly nonpracticing.
- Specialities Group : Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Bio-Physics, Pharmacology, Pathology, Micro-biology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, TB & Chest Medicine, Psychiatry, Skin, STD and Leprosy,Orthopaedics, Anaesthesiology, Radio-Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Opthalmology, ENT, Physical Medicine and rehabilitation, Tropical Medicine, Virology, Nutrition & Metabolic diseases, Immuno-haematology and Blood Transfusion and Nuclear and experiment Medicine.
- Super Specialities Group :Cardiology, Endocrinology, Medical Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Neurology, Cardiovascular & Thorasic Surgery, Urology, Neuro-surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery,Surgical Gastro-enterology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Haematology.
- Unless specified otherwise, the expression “Recognized”, for the purposes contained in these rules, shall pertain to any medical qualification acquired/granted from a Medical College included in the First Schedule or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act,1956(102 of 1956) being either permitted under section 10A or recognized under sub-section(2) of section 11 of the Indian Medical Council Act,1956(102 of 1956)
- Not more than 45 years as on 1st. January, 2019. Age relaxation may be given to such doctors who have served under this State Government to an extent equivalent to the period of such service, subject to a maximum of five years.
- Provided that age may also be relaxed for the candidates belonging to the categories of SC, ST and other Backward Classes as per Government Rules or Orders for the time being in force.
- Should be registered as Medical Practitioner with the West Bengal Medical Council/ Medical Council of India/ Any Recognized State Medical Council.
- Age- as recorded in Madhyamik or Equivalent certificate will only be acceptable.
- The claim of candidates for relaxation of age as a Govt. employee should be proved by a certificate from the appropriate authority showing the period of his/her continuous service under Government and the same should be furnished when called for.
- Medical Officers of West Bengal Health Service & West Bengal Public Health cum Administrative Service have to obtain NOC from appointing authority.
- Candidates have to upload the Medical Degree Certificate and West Bengal Medical Council Registration Cerificate, and also Postgraduate/Post doctoral Degree Certificate, if any.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under Disabilities Rule, 1999 (certificates obtained before the Advertisement date) are not required to pay any fee. Such exemption of fee is, however, not applicable to any OBC (category A or B) candidate.
- Application shall be made in the format, as available, in the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Website (www.wbhrb.in).
- Candidates should take particular note that entries in their application submitted to the Board must be made correctly against all the items which shall be treated as final and no alteration and addition in this regard will be entertained after submission of the application. Application not duly filled in or found incomplete or defective in any respect or without fee will be liable to rejection.
- Candidates must fulfill the essential qualification by the closing date. All information regarding selection/ recruitment (date of examination, date of interview etc.) to the post will be available, time to time in the Board Website at www.wbhrb.in.
- Healthcare in West Bengal features a universal health care system run by the state government. The Constitution of India charges every state with “raising of the level of nutrition and the standard of living of its people and the improvement of public health as among its primary duties”. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Government of West Bengal is responsible for healthcare administration in the state.
- The health care infrastructure is divided into three tiers — the primary health-care network, a secondary care system comprising district and sub-divisional hospitals and tertiary hospitals providing specialty and super specialty care. A Chief Medical Officer of Health (C.M.O.H.) heads each of the eighteen districts. The responsibility of CMOH is to manage the primary health care sector and ensure the effective implementation of the various medical, health and family welfare programmes. The secondary level hospitals (sub-divisional and district hospitals) are headed by superintendents who report to the C.M.O.H. and are accountable to a hospital management committee. At the block level, the Block Medical Officer of Health (BMOH) is responsible for providing services and for monitoring and supervising the primary health centres and health programme implementation.
- West Bengal Health Service provides the health care professionals for the statewide infrastructure, while Medical Education Service employs teachers at the training institutions.
- The number and beds sanctioned in different types of healthcare setup, as published by the government of West Bengal, are in the following table. In this table, hospitals under other departments of state government include government undertaking organisations, and rural hospitals include those ones which were upgraded from block primary health centre.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form