Last Date:22 Mar,2019
National Institute of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar)
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates for the recruitment of Technical Assistant, Junior Assistant and Various in National Institute of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar). Eligible Candidates s are encouraged to apply for these posts to the given address before 22-03-2019 .
Name of the post – Technical Assistant, Junior Assistant and Various
No of post – 73
Pay Scale – as per norms
First Class or equivalent Grade in B.E. /B.Tech. /MCA in relevant subject OR First Class Diploma in Engineering in relevant Field OR First Class Bachelor Degree in Science OR Master Degree in Science with min 50% marks
General Information:delhi sarkari naukri
- The candidates who have submitted application for the posts at S. No. 2 in response to the advertisement No. NITS/Estt/Advt/Non-Teaching/18 dated 05.11.2018 are required to again apply for the posts.
- However, they are not required to submit the application fees. Valid proof of the application submitted against advertisement No. NITS/Estt/Advt/Non-Teaching/18 dated 05.11.2018 is to be submitted both in hard & soft copy.
- The no. of posts mentioned are tentative and may vary.
- All Qualification and Experience will be recognized as on the last date for application submission.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason thereof.
- The prescribed qualification and experience are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates, who are not called for interview/selected for appointment.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
- Legal disputes, if any, will be restricted within the jurisdiction of Silchar Court only.
- Candidates should send their application form along with all supporting documents duly self attested
- All reserved category candidates shall be required to submit self-attested copies of the latest Caste certificate issued by competent authority at the time of interview, if called for. Similarly, PWD candidates shall be required to submit proof of physical disability certificate of permanent nature from competent medical authority at the time of interview.
- Those employees, who are working in NIT Silchar on ad-hoc / temporary / contractual / outsource basis in REC Silchar / NIT Silchar, may be given one time age relaxation to participate in the first regular recruitment process for the post for which they fulfill all other conditions mentioned above. The quantum of age relaxation will be decided by the Board of Governors of the NIT Silchar.
- Candidates are requested to provide their active email Id/mobile phone numbers/landline phone numbers in the application form for easy contact.
- List of short listed candidates will be displayed on the Website of the Institute.
- Candidates are advised to visit the Institute Website regularly
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications or it may amend any of the clauses above as per orders of the competent authority/Govt. of India.
- Incomplete/unsigned applications shall be summarily rejected and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
- Candidate should fill in separate application form for each Department / Post, if applying for more than one Department / Post.
- In the late fifties, the Government of India decided to establish Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) under the Quality Technical Education Policy – one each in every major state – with the prime objective of imparting quality technical education throughout the country and to foster national integration. These Regional Engineering Colleges were established as joint ventures of the Government of India and the respective State Governments. Assam is considered as the flag bearer of the Northeast India and so in the year 1967 the 15th REC was officially established in Silchar. However it took almost a decade for REC Silchar to start its academic programmes due to various constraints.
- The first batch of students were admitted in 1977 in the BE program in 3 branches of engineering namely, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. The total intake in the first batch was 60 students. The inadequate infrastructure facilities consisted of only a part of a hostel, two Assam type buildings (for classes and administration), a workshop building, seven faculty quarters and a few staff quarters when the College started its academic programme in November 1977. Initially under the guidance of the then Principal Dr. H. R. Chablani, the classes started with only four full time Faculty members. The College started its academic programme with affiliation from Gauhati University. The first batch of BE students were awarded degrees in the year 1982-83. Subsequently, two more branches, namely, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering started functioning from the year 1983 and 1987, respectively. The affiliation was later shifted to Assam University in 1994.
- On the basis of the report of the High Powered Joint Expert Committee of AICTE and UGC under the chairmanship of Prof. S. K. Joshi, Director General of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Regional Engineering College Silchar has been transformed and upgraded to National Institute of Technology, Silchar with the status of Deemed University on 28th June 2002. The institute has been taken over by Government of India and subsequently made into a fully funded Central Government Autonomous Institution. This ensures a better financial status for NIT Silchar and will accelerate its growth ensuring that it becomes one of the premier technological institutes of not just the North- East but the entire nation. The institute has remodeled its curriculum and academic activities in line with that of the IITs. With its Deemed University status, the institute started awarding degrees from the year 2002 and the first convocation of the institute was held on 16 February 2004. The Government of India declared the Institute as an Institute of National Importance by enacting the National Institutes of Technology Act 2007.
- The vision of NIT Silchar is: establishing unique identity by development of high quality human and knowledge resources in diverse areas of technologies to meet local, national, and global economic and social need and human society at large in self-sustained manner.
- The mission of NIT Silchar is: to train and transform young men and women into responsible thinking engineers, technologists and scientists, to motivate them to attain professional excellence and to inspire them to proactively engage themselves for the betterment of the society.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form