Last Date:21 February 2019
Indian Army Invites applications for the post of 191 SSC Technical Officer Men & Woman Vacancy 2019. Indian army recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are give below… Official website is www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Name of the post – SSC Technical Officer Men & Woman
No of post – 191
Pay Scale – 56,100 – 1,77,500/-
Passed the relevant Engineering Degree course or in the final year of Engineering Degree course.
General Information:government jobs
- A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and
Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- For SSC(T)-53 Men and SSCW(T) 24 Women. 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2019 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 92 and 01 Oct 99, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSCI and SSCW(Tech) — A maximum of 35 years of age as on 07 Oct 2019.
- The date of birth entered in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other documents relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Oct 2019 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted ‘on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid.
- Candidates must note that for induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below at Para 3. To become eligible for induction into SSC (T)-53 (Men) and SSC (T)-24 (Women) course at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, candidates studying in final year of engineering must ensure that he/she submits the proof of passing engineering degree exam by 01 Oct 2019 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidate studying in final year of Degree must ensure that she submits the proof of passing Degree exam by 01 Oct 2019 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
- A candidate is permitted to apply for only one entry /discipline of the above courses. Change of Entry or qualification choice will not be entertained at any stage of selection process.
- Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- On successful completion of Pre Commission training at OTA, officer will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of LI.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, engineering stream-wise upto the number of vacancies available at the time.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers’ Training Academy. A candidate, if he/she marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government. This provision is also applicable to widows of Defence Personnel. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- All candidates are examined by Board of Medical Officers who have undergone basic military training and are well oriented to working conditions of military deployment. Medical Boards are held at designated Military Hospitals based on the principles described above and latest knowledge in the medical and military sciences. The entire body is examined thoroughly to the extent feasible to screen out common congenital deformities and other easily detectable disabilities. The Board of Medical Officers refers to the comprehensive medical standards for recruitment/commission into the Armed Forces as applicable. In case of any doubt about any fitness stds/disease/disability, the benefit of doubt shall be given to the State.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight/under weight, piles, tonsillitis and varicose veins, hernia etc before reporting for the SSB interview.
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. In addition Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Lady Medical Officer/lady Specialist to rule out gynaecological disorders. There will be a female attendant present at the time of medical examination in case the Medical Officer /Specialist Officer happens to be male. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared medically fit by the Medical Board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB) will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board. The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days from the date of SMB, if they apply for AMB. President, Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will inform decision of Medical Board regarding ‘Fitness’ of candidates and procedure to appeal against the decision of AMB. Candidates must also note that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is NOT a right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services, Pregnancy, if detected. at any stage, after selection at SSB or during training will debar the female candidate from grant of commission.
- The largest standing volunteer Army in the world has never had to scour the populace for draft or conscription. There are always more men eager to don olive green than the demand at any one time. But this does not reflect a situation where a large unemployed workforce would get into uniform to keep body and soul together. More to the point is the basic attitude of our people to the call of arms, discovered also by the British, some three centuries before. There are very many who join up for long service tenures under the colors, by inclination and choice – also familial habit and honour. If a young man or woman, sound of body and mind, and of Indian origin, is inclined to spend most of his useful working years in the kind of desolation that the country’s Field areas’ adjoining the borders provide, can he or she cannot be refused.
- For the purpose of recruitment, the country is divided into recruiting zones. Every zone is allotted a quota for recruitment based on a percentage of its population and ethnic grouping. A legacy, slowly being diluted, is that of combat arm units or regiments recruiting from a particular zone or mixture of ethnic groups.
- Once a man has joined up, it is for keeps. Many fall out at the basic training stage when they find that there is much more to it than getting into a smart uniform. The one who hear the sound of the trumpet clearly without missing a note, take their oath and for the greatness of the nation go into service – not servitude.
- Indian Army Headquarters began its life in the Red Fort – Delhi. Imposing edifice that it is, it was hardly suitable to house a complex entity such as this. Supreme Headquarters at that time retained its seat in South Block and refused to share space. Mercifully, it was wound up in short order. Today Army Headquarters occupies portions of South Block along with a gigantic, architecturally modern Sena Bhavan adjacent.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form