Last Date:13 Feb,2019
Advt No : D-37/P(12)18-19
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
ITI aka Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invites applications for the post of 43 Sr. Project Assistant, Project Technical Assistant & Various Vacancy. Apply Online before 13 February 2019. IIT Bombay Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.iitb.ac.in
Name of the post – Sr. Project Assistant, Project Technical Assistant & Various
No of post – 43
Pay Scale – 50,000 – 70,000/-, 18,000 – 26,000/-
B.Tech/ BE, M.Tech/ ME, Bsc, Graduate.
General Information:psu jobs
- National virtual library of India (NVLI),This project is an important part of the larger vision of putting information of the entire Indian cultural heritage in the digital web world. The main goal of this project is to create, collect, encode, and collate various digital artefacts related to Indian culture, in the form of a portal, and to allow relevant information access through web-based search.
- Mandatory skills:Experience in handling web/App/DB servers(mysql,postgresql,mongo)on Linux platform, knowledge and experience in management of virtualized environments using open source tools such as KVM, Xen. Experience in ansible,Jenkins,BeeGFS,hadoop cluster, knowledge and experience in management of mini cloud.Experience in automation tools,shell scripting, network and linux troubleshooting skills.
- IIT Bombay offers intellectual property available as patents / patent applications / Knowhow, based on its research and development efforts, for licensing to interested parties in various areas.
- Enquiries may be made by registering your details for Patents / Technologies available for Licensing and checking the specific technologies in the list given.
- All work undertaken by IIT Bombay as part of the project will be in good faith and based on material / data / other relevant information given by the Client requesting for the work.
- Due care will be taken by IIT Bombay to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding confidential information received from the Client, including but not limited to results, reports and identity of the client.
- Any test or other consultancy report given by IIT Bombay will be based on work performed according to available standards and / or open domain literature. In any event, this report may not be construed as a legal document, certificate or endorsement and may not be used for marketing of the products or processes, without prior consent from IIT Bombay. The institute reserves the right to retain one copy of the report and use the results of the project for its internal teaching and research purposes.
- Every effort will be made to complete the specified work according to the planned time schedule. However, IIT Bombay will not be held responsible for delays caused beyond its reasonable control.
- IIT Bombay may take up work for other clients also in the same area, provided, to the best of the institute?s knowledge, there is no conflict of interest in undertaking such projects.
- The payment of consultation charges to IIT Bombay are to be made in advance and in full before the start of the project, through a demand draft / crossed valid cheque, drawn in favour of The Registrar, IIT Bombay and sent to the Consultant or the address overleaf. The charges will also include any applicable tax as prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
- Project Research Assistant: (1 Post) Eligibility : MA in English literature /Journalism / Mass communication.
Experience in creating online content in the form of videos, slides, quizzes etc. Should have experience in technical writing and editing. This positions require good communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience in handling Web/APP/DB Servers (Mysql, Postgresql, MSSQL) on Linux Platform, Knowledge and Experience in Management of Virtualized environments using open source tools such as Proxmox, Virtualbox.Installation & configuration of Windows/Linux operating system and Applications troubleshooting Skills. Administration for Users Email Accounts , samba users accounts, setting up, email configure with Microsoft Outlook and mozilla thunderbird email clients. Setting up user permissions, quota limits and data backup. Experience in Automation tool ansible, shell scripting, Wifi Router configuration and network troubleshooting skills. Assembling and upgrades of Servers & Desktop computers, Network maintenance.
- The positions are temporary initially for a period of one year and tenable only for the duration of project. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview. Our Website http://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/JobOpportunities.jsp
- Candidate should apply online at http://www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp Last Date of the receipt of the application is 13th February, 2019. Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website.
- Content research and development for the portal of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. 2. Reviewing the metadata extracted for the OER repository. 3. Creating the information architecture of the Maharashtra Eminent Personalities. 4. Training the OER metadata extraction team.
- The main goal of this project is to create, collect, encode, and collate various digital artefacts related to Indian culture, in the form of a portal, and to allow relevant information access through web-based search.
- To be a leading global technology university that provides a transformative education to create leaders and innovators, and generates new knowledge for society and industry.
- The SC/ST Students Cell addresses academic and non-academic issues and complaints received from students in reserved categories. The institute strives to maintain an environment where all communities can participate in academic and research activities without any sort of discrimination with respect to caste or creed. In order to maintain such an atmosphere, the SC/ST students cell is responsible for sensitizing the campus community about the importance of having diversity.
- The cell aims to ensure that anti-discrimination laws in the context of race/caste/creed are followed in letter and in spirit.
- Eligible candidates may apply online at IIT Bombay’s website (http://www.iitb.ac.in/) from 15 Jan 2019 to 13 Feb 2019.
- Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.
- The institute is recognised worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the institute attracts the best students from the country for its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes. Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally.
- IIT Bombay also builds links with peer universities and institutes, both at the national and the international levels, to enhance research and enrich its educational programmes. The alumni have distinguished themselves through their achievements in and contributions to industry, academics, research, business, government and social domains. The institute continues to work closely with the alumni to enhance its activities through interactions in academic and research programmes as well as to mobilise financial support.
- Over the years, the institute has created a niche for its innovative short-term courses through continuing education and distance education programmes. Members of the faculty of the institute have won many prestigious awards and recognitions, including the Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar and Padma awards.
- Located in Powai, one of the northern suburbs of Mumbai, the residents of the institute reap the advantage of being in the busy financial capital of India, while at the same time enjoying the serenity of a campus known for its natural beauty. A fully residential institute, all its students are accommodated in its 15 hostels with in-house dining; the campus also provides excellent amenities for sports and other recreational facilities.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form