Southern Railway Invites applications for the post of 737 Act Apprentices (in the stream of Freshers, Ex.ITI & Medical Lab Technician) Under Apprentices Act 1961. Apply before 23 February 2018. Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
Southern Railway Job Details:
1.Post Name: Act Apprentices
No. of Vacancy: 737 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5700/- (Per Month)
- For Freshers: Candidates Should have passed 10th Class under 10, +2 System of education or its equivalent OR Should have passed 12th Class under 10, +2 system of education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For Ex. ITI: Candidates Should have passed 10th Class under 10 +2 System of education and ITI course in the relevant trade in Government recognized ITI.
STANDARD OF MEDICAL FITNESS: The Candidates should be free from evidence of any contagious or infectious disease. The candidates should not be suffering from any disease which is likely to be aggravated by training or is likely to render him/her unfit for training or to endanger the health of the public. candidates should be free from evidence of tuberculosis in any form (active or healed).government jobs
The selection will be on the basis of Merit List prepared in respect of all the eligible candidates who apply against the Notification. The Merit List will be prepared by the Committee nominated for this purpose by following the procedure mentioned as under:
a) Fresher Category:- Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in Matriculation.
b) Ex.ITI:- Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted to 100 marks ( duly ensuring Minimum 50% marks in aggregate) + ITI marks duly converted to 100. Total marks put together will be calculated for 200 marks and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks giving equal weight age to both.
c) MLT:- Marks obtained in Higher Secondary (with Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology) will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in Matriculation.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the columns correctly. Recent Passport size colour photograph should be affixed in the space provided in the application form and attested by a Gazetted officer. Photostat copy of Photo is not permitted. Administration may reject the application at any stage for pasting old/unclear photograph on the application or if there is any variation between the photographs pasted in the application and actual physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to keep sufficient copies of the same photograph ready for future purpose.
- Selected candidates should produce original Transfer Certificate for completion of qualifying examination at the time of verification of certificates. Transfer Certificate with higher qualification (Degree/Diploma/Engineering Degree) will not be considered.
- Candidates selected for training will not be allowed to withdraw from training except for reasons, which are beyond their control. Before commencement of training, the candidates should execute a contract of Apprenticeship. Also they should submit Indemnity bond in the prescribed format.
- Those who willfully absent themselves are liable to refund the whole cost of their training as well as the amount paid as stipend as determined by the Central Apprenticeship Adviser. Also their Apprenticeship will be terminated as per extant rules under Apprentices Act 1961.
How to Apply Southern Railway Vacancy: Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with Attested copies of certificates in proof of Academic and Technical qualification & IPO send by Ordinary post to Workshop Personnel Officer, Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, Carriage & Wagon Works, Southern Railway, Ayanavaram, Chennai-600023 on or before 23.02.2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Application form: 23.02.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form