Last Date:08 March,2019
Sikkim Human Resource Development Department (Sikkim HRDD)
Sikkim HRDD is Intending to appoint eligible and interested candidates as Post Graduate Teacher on 249 posts through Sikkim State Teachers Recruitment Board.Interested and eligible candidates have to send their applications to the given address by 08-03-2019 as per given format with all required documents.
Name of the post – Post Graduate Teacher
No of post – 249
Pay Scale – Level 15
Post Graduate in concerned subject with min 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.).
General Instructions:faculty opening
- Applications are invited from eligible local candidates for filling up of 249 vacancies of Post Graduate Teacher through Direct Recruitment.
- The category wise vacancies have been allotted for filling up of Posts of Post Graduate Teacher in 13 various subjects however, as for filling up of 21 post of Post Graduate Teacher (Nepali) roster points has been relaxed vide Notification No. 99/GEN/DOP, dated: 14.12.2017.
- Candidates fulfilling the above criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format available in the Sikkim State Teachers Recruitment Board Office after submitting a Bank Receipt of Rupees 200/-(Rupees Two hundred) only payable in the State Bank of Sikkim under the revenue Head 0202-102-03-Edn. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any purpose.
- Application from will be issued from 11.02.2019 at the office of SSRTB, Upper Syari, Gangtok. Last date for the receipt of application is 08.03.2019 (within office hours). No application shall be accepted after 3.30 p.m on 08.03.2019. The Board will not be responsible for late receipt of application due to postal delay or otherwise. Applicants are advised to go through the Advertisement scrupulously and fill in the form accordingly.
- Candidates are advised to submit the following documents along with the filled application.
- Attested copies of Marksheets and Pass Certificate of Class X, XII, Graduation, Masters Degree issued by the recognized Board and B.Ed. degree issued by NCTE recognized institution.
- Attested copy of Sikkim Subject/COI & Attested copy of Caste/Class Certificate.
- Unmarried Certificate in case of unmarried female candidates and COI/SSC of husband’s as well as marriage certificate in case of married female candidates issued by the appropriate authority.
- Attested copy of valid Local Employment Card.
- Two copies of pass port size photograph having imprinted name and date of birth at the bottom of the photo.
- In-service candidates may apply with a copy of NOC issued by the concerned authority.
- Written examination(a) Paper I – Consisting of General English , General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude (MCQ)(b) Paper II – Main Subject (Subjective).Classroom Demonstration And Viva-voce.
- Admission at all stages of examination for which applicants are admitted by the Board viz.written examination, classroom demonstration and viva-voce will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stages of the examination process, it is found that applicant do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled by the Board without further notice.
- Admit card will be issued in due course of time. No TA& DA will be paid for attending the written examination and viva-voce.
- The syllabus for the written exam will be displayed in the Notice Board of SSTRB, Upper Syari, East Sikkim. The Board shall not entertain any application on review or RTI, correspondence till the entire process of recruitment is completed.
- Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May, 1975. The Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission in the year 1978. The Public Commission has actually started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government.
- Thereafter the Commission started to function in different rented buildings. At present the State Public Service Commission is located in the class rooms of the Old West Point School Complex.Consequent upon the decision of the Union Public Service Commission to declare Gangtok as one of the Centres for conducting Union Public Service Commission Examinations, the Sikkim Public Service Commission has been entrusted with the work of conducting Union Public Service Commission examinations.
- he Sikkim Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The Commission consists of a Chairman and one Member.
- The terms and conditions of service of Chairman and Members of the Commission are governed by the Sikkim Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1983.
- In accordance with the provisions contained in Article 320 of the Constitution read with the provisions of Sikkim Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations 1986, Recruitment Rules of all Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts in various Departments of Government of Sikkim are required to be framed in Consultation with the Commission. Consultation with the Commission is also necessary for framing Recruitment Rules for all categories of posts.All proposals for framing Recruitment Rules are examined keeping in view the cadre structure of the service and the circulars issued by the Govt. from time to time. After approval, the Commissions’ advice in the matter is communicated to the Department concerned.
- Under Article 320(3) of the Constitution the Commission are required to be consulted on the quantum of penalties in disciplinary cases affecting a person serving under the Government of Sikkim in a Civil Capacity.
- Article 321 also empowers the Legislature to extend the functions of the Public Service Commission to any local authority or other body corporate constituted by Law or by any public institutions.
- In order to exempt some posts which may not be required to be referred to the Commission for their advice, the Sikkim Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultations) Regulations were issued on December 31, 1986, under Article 320(3)(a) and (b) of the Constitution. These Regulations are amended or revised as and when the need arises.
- The Provisions as contained in Article 309 & Article 311 of the Constitution are also required to be read in conjunction with the provisions as contained in Article 320 of the Constitution.
- The Commission have a duty, under Article 323 of the Constitution to present annually to the Governor a Report as to the work done by the Commission and on receipt of such report, the Governor shall cause a copy there of together with the Memorandum explaining, as respect the cases, if any, where the advice of the Commission was not accepted, the reasons for such non-acceptance to be laid before the Assembly.
- The State Government may send the requisitions to the Commission for recruitment to various State Services or posts once in a year. The Commission may accordingly draw up an annual calendar showing the date by which different activities relating an examination is to be completed so that all the works of relating to holding of such examinations are carried out in a well planned manner.
- The Sikkim Public Service Commission started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form