Last Date:10 March,2019
Advt. No. : CD(K)/P&A/RECTT(NEx)/18-19/548
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
SAIL aka Steel Authority of India Limited invites application for the post of 72 Overman, Mining Sirdar & Surveyor Vacancy 2019. SAIL Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.sailcareers.com
Name of the post – Overman, Mining Sirdar & Surveyor
No of post – 72
Pay Scale – 15830 – 22150/-, 16800 – 24110/-
General Conditions:latest karnataka govt jobs
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognized by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility will be verified only during the Skill Test / Trade Test and any candidate who fails to produce the same, will not be allowed to appear at the Skill Test / Trade Test. Therefore, candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility before applying. Incomplete application and application received after the last date will not be accepted.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available on SAIL website www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers”) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the SC/ST/OBC certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of Skill Test / Trade Test.
- Ex-servicemen are also required to produce their discharge certificate in original at the time of Skill Test / Trade Test.
- Candidates sponsored by Local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system along with requisite application fee failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Collieries Division reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Collieries Division reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. Collieries Division is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- The candidates, after selection, can be posted in any of the Collieries mentioned in the advertisement, where vacancy exists.
- The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company‟s Medical Fitness examination as per standards laid down under SAIL‟s Medical & HealthPolicy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The advertisement is available on SAIL website: www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers”). Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Skill Test /Trade Test.
- Collieries Division reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- No Traveling Expenses would be payable to the candidates to be called for Written Test. For SC / ST candidates appearing for Skill Test / Trade Test for posts in nonexecutive cadre, to & fro travelling expenses to the extent of sleeper class rail fare by the shortest route will be reimbursed, on production of proof of journey performed, along with reservation and the tatkal booking charges, if any. For candidates traveling by a class/mode higher than the entitlement or by road, reimbursement will be restricted to the maximum of the entitled class only. Further, a candidate coming to attend Skill Test / Trade Test or Interview from a distance shorter than 30 KM will not be entitled for reimbursement of traveling expenses.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference.
- SAIL, a Public Sector Undertaking is India’s largest steel producer with around 15 MT of hot metal production & 14 MT of Crude steel. With an annual turnover of Rs 49,180 crore in FY 2016-17, the company is among the seven Maharatnas of the country’s Central Public Sector Enterprises. It has five integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Durgapur, Rourkela, Bokaro & Burnpur ; three special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravati. It has separate units engaged in Research & Development, Engineering & Technology, Consultancy, Environment Management, Coal Supply , Logistics & Management Training.
- SAIL produces iron and steel at five integrated plants and three special steel plants, located principally in the eastern and central regions of India and situated close to domestic sources of raw materials. SAIL manufactures and sells a broad range of steel products.SAIL traces its origin to the formative years of an emerging nation – India. After independence the builders of modern India worked with a vision – to lay the infrastructure for rapid industrialisaton of the country. The steel sector was to propel the economic growth. Hindustan Steel Private Limited was set up on January 19, 1954.
- Hindustan Steel (HSL) was initially designed to manage only one plant that was coming up at Rourkela. For Bhilai and Durgapur Steel Plants, the preliminary work was done by the Iron and Steel Ministry. From April 1957, the supervision and control of these two steel plants were also transferred to Hindustan Steel. The registered office was originally in New Delhi. It moved to Calcutta in July 1956, and ultimately to Ranchi in December 1959.
- The 1 MT phases of Bhilai and Rourkela Steel Plants were completed by the end of December 1961. The 1 MT phase of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in January 1962 after commissioning of the Wheel and Axle plant. The crude steel production of HSL went up from .158 MT (1959-60) to 1.6 MT. A new steel company, Bokaro Steel Limited, was incorporated in January 1964 to construct and operate the steel plant at Bokaro.The second phase of Bhilai Steel Plant was completed in September 1967 after commissioning of the Wire Rod Mill. The last unit of the 1.8 MT phase of Rourkela – the Tandem Mill – was commissioned in February 1968, and the 1.6 MT stage of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in August 1969 after commissioning of the Furnace in SMS. Thus, with the completion of the 2.5 MT stage at Bhilai, 1.8 MT at Rourkela and 1.6 MT at Durgapur, the total crude steel production capacity of HSL was raised to 3.7 MT in 1968-69 and subsequently to 4MT in 1972-73.
- The Ministry of Steel and Mines drafted a policy statement to evolve a new model for managing industry. The policy statement was presented to the Parliament on December 2, 1972. On this basis the concept of creating a holding company to manage inputs and outputs under one umbrella was mooted. This led to the formation of Steel Authority of India Ltd. The company, incorporated on January 24, 1973 with an authorized capital of Rs. 2000 crore, was made responsible for managing five integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Bokaro, Durgapur, Rourkela and Burnpur, the Alloy Steel Plant and the Salem Steel Plant. In 1978 SAIL was restructured as an operating company.
- Since its inception, SAIL has been instrumental in laying a sound infrastructure for the industrial development of the country. Besides, it has immensely contributed to the development of technical and managerial expertise. It has triggered the secondary and tertiary waves of economic growth by continuously providing the inputs for the consuming industry.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form