Last Date:05 September,2019
Advt No:03 of 2019-20
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
OPSC aka Odisha Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 28 Odisha Municipal Administrative Services Exam 2019. OPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.opsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Odisha Municipal Administrative Services Exam 2019
No of post – 28
Pay Scale – 9300 – 34800/-, 15600 – 39100/-
Bachelor Degree from any University or Institution recognized by the Government.
General Conditions:bank jobs
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination, unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government Servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to appear at the examination provided they possess the requisite qualifications and are within the prescribed age limit. All candidates are required to obtain an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their competent authority (Head of Office) and attach it with the online application form.
- If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or Li.P.S.C, from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s).
- Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfil other eligibility conditions by the closing date of submission of online applications will be considered eligible.
- The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed in the recruitment rules.
- The candidate must have good moral character. Also a candidate must be of good mental condition and bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily newspaper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examinations Act, 1988 (Odisha
Act-2 of )988) are applicable to this Examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission. Any violation of the above Act and violation of “Instructions to candidates” (as provided in the advertisement, application form, Brochure, Admission Certificate & Answer Script etc) will be seriously viewed and disciplinary action will be taken against the concerned candidates as deemed proper.
- Reservation and Concessions meant for S.C./ S.T. / S.E.B.C. by birth, are admissible to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Community (caste status) once mentioned by the candidates under the appropriate box of the online application form, will be treated as final and the same shall not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which she/he is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period,
from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
- No request for withdrawal of candidature will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates must answer the Papers in their own hand-writing. Only PWD candidates who are unable to write will be allowed to take help of scribe to write the answers for them by giving option while filling the online application subject to the provisions made under Para-12(4) of the SS 8r, EPD Department Resolution No.7140/SSEPD, dt.05.09.2017.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 15′ January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contributory Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- The Commission reserves the right to adopt the methods and principle of evaluation of answer scripts of written Examinations.
- MOBILE PHONES OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE BANNED IN THE PREMISES WHERE THE EXAMINATION IS CONDUCTED BY THE COMMISSION AND IN THE OFFICE OF THE COMMISSTION.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect, are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that sore.
- Admission to the Examination/Viva Voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-9 of this Advertisement.
- If one candidate furnishes more than one application, the Commission will consider the information/data of the latest application having higher ID Number.
How To Apply:
- Candidate must go through the details of this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the Website of the OPSC http:/ topsconliv.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal / /opsconline.gov.in.
- Guidelines for Scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression (LTI).
- The PWD (Person With Disability) candidates who desire to take help of Scribe / Reader are required to furnish the information in the appropriate.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of their full signature and scanned image of Left Hand Thumb Impression(LTI) in the online Application Form. Uploaded photograph, Specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable/ visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded in the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form and put their signature under the declaration for submission to OPSC along with copies of requisite certificate & documents and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
- On successful submission of the online application form, a UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID Number will be generated and displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID Number and use it in future correspondence & a copy of online application form downloaded & kept with him/her for future reference.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
- The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- The Commision after due deliberation constitute the Interview Boards which are required to make the selection with the assistance of the Experts from the concerned subjects. The concerned administrative departments are requested to depute their representative to be present in the Interview Board.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form