Last Date:10 December,2019
Advt No : 11 of 2019-20
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
OPSC aka Odisha Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of Odisha Civil Services Examination-2019 (153 Vacancy). Apply Online before 10 December 2019. OPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.opsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Odisha Civil Services Examination-2019
No of post – 153
Pay Scale – Not Specified
Bachelor Degree form any recognized University.
Important Information:faculty opening
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examinations Act, 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to this Examination (Preliminary & Main) conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission. Any violation of the above Act and violation of “Instructions to candidates” (as provided in the advertisement, application form, Brochure, Admission Certificate & Answer Script etc.) will be seriously viewed and disciplinary action will be taken against the concerned candidates as deemed proper.
- Reservation and Concessions meant for S.C./ S.T./ S.E.B.C. by birth, are admissible to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Community (caste status) once mentioned by the candidates under the appropriate box of the online application form, will be treated as final and the same shall not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which she/he is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service .
- No request for withdrawal of candidature and change of category will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates must answer the Papers in their own hand-writing. Only PWD candidates who are unable to write will be allowed to take help of scribe to write the answers for them by giving option while filling up the online application subject to the provisions made under Para-12(4) of the SS 86 EPD Department Resolution No.7140/SSEPD, dt.05.09.2017.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January,2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub¬rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contributory Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- The Commission reserves the right to adopt the methods and principle of evaluation of answer scripts of both the Preliminary and Main Examinations.
- All candidates who have opted for the Odisha Police Service are required to undergo a Physical Standard Test (Caste wise and Sex wise) as per Home Department Notification No.29452/SPS dt.4.7.2011 (Annexure-V).
- MOBILE PHONES OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE BANNED IN THE PREMISES WHERE THE EXAMINATION IS CONDUCTED BY THE COMMISSION AND IN THE OFFICE OF THE COMMISSTION.
- Online applications submitted to OPEC, if found to be incomplete in any respect, are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the Examination/Viva Voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of this Advertisement.
- If one candidate furnishes more than one application, the Commission will consider the information/data of the latest application having higher ID Number.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
- The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- ecruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- The Commision after due deliberation constitute the Interview Boards which are required to make the selection with the assistance of the Experts from the concerned subjects. The concerned administrative departments are requested to depute their representative to be present in the Interview Board.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form