Last Date:15 Feb,2019
Advt No : A2/C/ 1 /2019
Kolkata (West Bengal)
Jadavpur University invites Application for the post of 116 Junior Assistant Cum-Typist, TA, Steno-Typist & Various Vacancy. Apply before 15 February 2019. Jadavpur University Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.jaduniv.edu.in
Name of the post – Junior Assistant Cum-Typist, TA, Steno-Typist & Various
No of post – 116
Pay Scale – 9000- 28300/-, 5400- 18600/-
8th, 12th, Diploma, Bachelor Degree.
General Information:psu jobs
- Eligible candidates may send their application in prescribed format (attached above) to Registrar, Jadavpur University, Post Box No. 17013, Jadavpur University Post Office, Kolkata – 700032 on or before 15 Feb 2019, along with attested photocopies of all certificates and testimonials, and a copy the receipt of payment/ challan. Please super scribe the envelope with the name of the post applied for and the Advertisement No.
- Internal staff members , Empanelled project staff and the contractual non-teaching staff of the university working till date should submit their application directly to the Personnel Section duly forwarded by the Head / Incharge / Officer of the respective departments /sections of the University following guidelines as mentioned below.
- Reservation of internal candidates is according to G.O. No. 416-Edn(U)/1U(C )-06/12 dated 16.04.2013.
- Internal Staff (permanent) members of this University may also apply for consideration of their candidature for the post of Junior Assistant Cum-Typist as per G.O. No. 416-Edn(U)/1U(C )-06/12 dated 16.04.2013.
- Deadline for submitting application is “15.02.2019” (Payment link closes at 12 Noon) Filling up / submission of Application Form and other related instructions:
- Blank application form in ‘pdf’ format is available at the JU website : www.jaduniv.edu.in Download the application form for filling up.
- Pease pay the application fee of Rs. 250.00 (Rs. 125.00 for SC/ST/DA categories) as indicated in the JU website (www. jaduniv.edu.in). Follow instructions for making payment and take print out of the receipt of payment / challan obtained. For making online payments,(a Net banking, (2) Debit / Credit / Rupay card, (C) challan (for making cash payment at SBI branches) options will be available. Use anyone of the options for making payment.
- Fill up the blank application form and send the complete application form along with attested photocopies of all certificates and testimonials, and a copy the receipt of payment / challan, strictly to the ‘Registrar, Jadavpur University, Post Box No. 17013, Jadavpur University Post Office, Kolkata – 700032’.
- Please super scribe the envelop with the name of the post applied for and the Advertisement No.
- Those who are already in service should apply through proper channel.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
- Mere application does not guarantee a call for test/interview. Selection will be made as per university selection procedure. University reserves the right for selection.
- All qualifications, experience, age limit will be recognized up to 31.12.2018.
- Application submitted/sent to addresses other than that given at Sl.No.(3) will not be considered.
- Please follow JU website for any update / notifications time to time regarding above selections.
- University will not be liable for any kind of postal delay
- Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation.
- Apply separately for more than one post paying fees accordingly.
- To trace the history of Jadavpur University is to trace a part of India’s freedom movement, at least from the Swadeshi Movement onwards. It was 1905 -1906
- Bengal stood divided. The times were feverish.
- The hegemony of the British establishment had to be challenged. Education had to play a new role in this changed scenario. It had to become a new form of resistance through which the emergent nationalist spirit could be propagated. With this in mind the National Council of Education (NCE) came into being.
- Its primary aim was to impart education – literary, scientific and technical on national lines exclusively under national control. To achieve self-reliance, through education. The foundation of the NCE was made possible by the munificence – scholarly as well as monetary – of the likes of Raja Subodh Chandra Mallik , Brajendra Kishore Roychowdhury of Gouripur as well as Sir Rash Behari Ghosh (first President of NCE), poet Rabindranath Tagore and Sri Aurobindo Ghosh.
- In 1910 the Society for the Promotion of Technical Education in Bengal which looked after Bengal Technical Institute (which later became College of Engineering and Technology, Bengal) was amalgamated to NCE. NCE henceforth looked after the College of Engineering and Technology, Bengal which by 1940 was virtually functioning as a University. After Independence, the Government of West Bengal, with the concurrence of the Govt. of India, enacted the necessary legislation to establish Jadavpur University on the 24th of December 1955.
- Now Jadavpur University has successfully established itself as a foremost Indian University with a vast repertoire of courses offered, an enviable list of faculty members and has come to be known for its commitment towards advanced study and research.
- Calcutta Corporation under the guidance of its Mayor Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das leased out to N.C.E. the present site of Jadavpur Campus where its Engineering College was shifted in 1924. The Aurobindo Building, now housing the administrative offices, used to be the venue of teaching of the Engineering College.
- Strengthening of existing departments catering to postgraduate studies and advanced level research.
- Introduction of new courses in Emerging and Frontier areas of study.
- Improvement of Teaching and Learning process with modern electronics and multimedia aids.
- Trans disciplinary research and development through schools and centres.
- Functioning as a nodal centre for academic and technical human resource development.
- Augmenting infrastructure facilities to match latest trends.
- Academic and admin1istrative reforms and office automation.
- Setting up platforms for close interaction with industries, National R&D Laboratories and neighboring institutions.
- Providing further quantum boosts to existing amenities, equipments and facilities by arranging funds from various funding agencies.
- The university interacts with industry, research bodies and civil society in the process of curriculum development, revision and implementation. Jadavpur University’s outreach programmes and international collaborations are among the best in the country and this helps in receiving feedback from individuals and communities within the country as well as from some of the best research institutions in the world.
- Jadavpur University’s collaborations have led to a greater diversity of campus activities; international exchange programmes (e.g. SYLFF, Erasmus Mundus) have allowed students, even undergraduates, to spend a semester or two in institutions abroad, thus broadening their intellectual horizons; students of engineering have benefitted through their participation in industry and industrial processes; many international programmes and collaborations (e.g. Global Change, SYLFF) have enabled students to interact with scholars and researchers from countries across the globe; the World Bank-funded TEQIP has allowed the university to improve the quality of its technical education. The primary benefit to the university as a result of these collaborations has been academic; some programmes like TEQIP and SYLFF have also brought in funds and enabled the expansion of services to students and construction of facilities.
- The university-industry interactions has resulted in the establishment/creation of highly specialized laboratories/facilities.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form