Last Date:31 Jan,2019
Railway Recruitment Board(RRB)
Railway Recruitment Boards invite ONLINE applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendant (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
Name of the post – JE,JE(IT),DMS,CMA
No of post – Not specified
Pay Scale – As per Rules
General Instruction:delhi sarkari naukri
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for thepost(s) as on the closing date of online registration (31.01.2019). CANDIDATES WAITING FORFINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
- Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway furnished in the application.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
- Stages of Exam: There shall be two stage Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Marks will be normalized as per the formulae given in Para No. 14.2 & 14.3 of this Notice.
- RRB-wise shortlisting of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as perthe requirement of Railway Administration). The shortlisting of 2nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT. The RRB-wise shortlisted candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be advised through the official websites of RRBs and e-mail to download their e-call letter for appearing in the 2nd Stage CBT.
- Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallets/purses, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc., are strictly NOT Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallets/purses, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc., are strictly NOT allowed inside the examination hall. Any infringement of this instruction will entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the above banned items to the venue of the examination,as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
- Center/City allocation will depend upon technical and logistical feasibility. Candidates may have to travel to other Cities/States.
- Candidates should have their own Mobile Number and valid & active e-mail ID as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and e-mail. The Mobile Number and e-mail ID should be active till the completion of recruitment process. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
- Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the detailed CEN available on the websites of RRBs.
- Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
- RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process, in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
- Before applying for the post(s) against this CEN, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite educational/technical qualifications from recognized Board/University/Institute as on the on the closing date for ONLINE Registration (31.01.2019). Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
- Candidates attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to more than one RRB and /or multiple applications to the same RRB will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB.
- Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/SSLC/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate ONLY.
- In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their Changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change (or) application for such change should be prior to the date of registration of ONLINE application.
- Railway Recruitment Board, Ahmedabad was established in the year 1982 and was assigned the task of recruitment of Group “C” staff under various categories for all the Railway establishments falling under its jurisdiction. It is working under the Ministry of Railways, Government of India.
- In 1942, a Service Commission with a Chairman and two members was established for recruitment of Subordinate Staff on the then North West Railway was known as Railway Service Commission.
- In 1945, the Services Commissions were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, Madras and Lucknow. In 1948, the Indian Railway Enquiry Committee reviewed working of commissions.In 1949, due to financial constraints a ban was imposed on recruitments on Indian Railways thus numbers of commissions was reduced to one centrally located at Bombay.In 1953-54 when Economic conditions of Indian Railway improved, four service commission were again set up at Bombay, Madras, Allahabad and Calcutta. In 1956, the Estimates committee generally approved the method of recruitment by the constitution of the Railway Service Commissions. In 1983, to cater to the needs of areas which were being neglected due to locations of the existing commissions, seven more commissions were set up viz, at Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar with sitting at Leh and Trivendrum. In 1984 two more service commissions were set up at Malda and Gorakhpur. In January, 1985 Railway Service Commissions have been renamed as Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). At present 19 Railway Recruitment Boards are functioning.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form