Last Date:7 March,2019
ADVT No. DMRC/PERS/22/HR/2019
DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION (DMRC)
DMRC aka Delhi Metro Rail Corporation invites applications for the post of 04 General Manager(Electrical/Rolling Stock). Apply Online before 12 March 2019. DMRC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website http://www.delhimetrorail.com
Name of the post – General Manager(Electrical/Rolling Stock)
No of post – 04
Pay Scale – Rs.37400-67000/-
Officer should be working or empanelled in SAG level (officers working in Non-Functional SAG may also apply). The officer should have varied experience of working in Railway Rolling Stock maintenance and operation/Electrical department and should be conversant with functioning in computerized environment. Specific experience related to 25KV ac voltage propulsion system, micro based control and interface with signaling will be very valuable. Hands on knowledge on various computer applications, relating to the job is desirable. Officer should be free from D&AR and Vigilance enquiry.
General Information:upsc notifications
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd, a Joint Venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System for Delhi. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Lifeline of Delhi, prides itself on its ability to nurture its employees through its unique work culture. Today, DMRC empowered by about 13000 employees with MRTS activities spread over Delhi & NCR. In addition to the above, DMRC has also been entrusted with the work of preparation of DPR for the High Speed Rail Link Project of Indian Railways at Trivandrum and Monorail Project at Trivandrum and Kozhikode and consultancy work for different cities in India.
- To meet with the increased activities of DMRC in Electrical and Rolling Stock Wing, we have an urgent requirement of filling up of SAG level officers (GM level) at Delhi. Applications are invited from experienced, dynamic and motivated officers of Indian Railways, having relevant work experience, for the post of General Manager (Electrical/Rolling Stock) to be filled on deputation basis.
- The officer should have varied experience of working in Railway Rolling Stock maintenance and operation/Electrical department and should be conversant with functioning in computerized environment. Specific experience related to 25KV ac voltage propulsion system, micro based control and interface with signaling will be very valuable. Hands on knowledge on various computer applications, relating to the job is desirable. Officer should be free from D&AR and Vigilance enquiry.
- The candidate will be screened by a Screening Committee consisting of three Directors of DMRC. The candidate’s suitability will be decided, keeping in view the job requirement. The selection process would comprise of judgment of different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude, physical fitness etc. All related information shall be available only on website: http://www.delhimetrorail.com and candidates must remain in constant touch with it.
- The officers will be eligible to draw parent department pay plus deputation allowance.
- Note: The applicants may submit simultaneously a copy of the application to their administrative officer (HQ/Board etc.) for forwarding the application to PSU/Autonomous Body indicating No Objection, Vigilance/D&AR clearance/APAR etc.
- Eligible and interested Railway Officers may apply as per the application format at Annexure-I. The candidates must enclose all relevant proof/documents in support of qualification, experience & pay scales/gross salary.
- The duly filled in application form should be sent in an envelope superscribing on the cover prominently- Name of the post, latest by the closing date i.e. 30 days from date of issue by speed post at the following address. CGM (HR) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd Metro Bhawan Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road ,New Delhi
- The Delhi Metro has been instrumental in ushering in a new era in the sphere of mass urban transportation in India. The swanky and modern Metro system introduced comfortable, air conditioned and eco-friendly services for the first time in India and completely revolutionized the mass transportation scenario not only in the National Capital Region but the entire country.
- Having constructed a massive network of 327 Km with 236 stations in record time, the DMRC today stands out as a shining example of how a mammoth technically complex infrastructure project can be completed before time and within budgeted cost by a Government agency.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) was registered on 3rd May 1995 under the Companies Act, 1956 with equal equity participation of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and the Central Government to implement the dream of construction and operation of a world- class Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS).
- The DMRC opened its first corridor between Shahdara and Tis Hazari on 25th December, 2002. Subsequently, the first phase of construction worth 65 kilometres of Metro lines was finished two years and nine months ahead of schedule in 2005. Since then the DMRC has also completed the construction of another 125 kilometres of Metro corridors under the second phase in only four and a half years.
- Presently, the Delhi Metro network consists of about 327 Km with 236 stations. The network has now crossed the boundaries of Delhi to reach NOIDA and Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh in Haryana. With the opening of the Majlis Park to Durgabhai Deshmukh South Campus and Janakpuri West – Botanical Garden Sections, new age trains equipped with the Unattended Train Operation (UTO) technology have been introduced. These trains operate with the Communication Based Train Control(CBTC) signaling technology which facilitate movement of trains in very short frequencies.
- The Airport Express link between the Indira Gandhi International Airport and New Delhi has now propelled Delhi to the league of global cities which have high speed rail connectivity between the city and the airport.
- The DMRC today has over 300 train sets of four, six and eight coaches. More than a hundred trains of six coach configuration and over 60 trains of eight coach configuration are currently operational.
- The Delhi Metro has also contributed tremendously on the environment front by becoming the first ever railway project in the world to claim carbon credits for regenerative braking. DMRC has also been certified by the United Nations (UN) as the first Metro Rail and Rail based system in the world to get carbon Credits for reducing Green House gas emissions as it has helped to reduce pollution levels in the city by 6.3 lakh tons every year thus helping in reducing global warming.
- It has also set up roof top solar power plants at many of its stations. All stations of the presently under construction corridors are being constructed as green buildings. In the present phase of Delhi Metro’s construction, the DMRC is nearing the completion of 160 kilometres of Metro lines which has woven a web of Metro corridors along the city’s Ring Road besides connecting with many other localities in NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh and Ballabhgarh.
- Apart from providing Delhites with a comfortable public transport option, the Delhi Metro is also contributing significantly towards controlling pollution as well as reducing vehicular congestion on the roads. According to a study, Delhi Metro has helped in removing about seven lakh vehicles from the streets of Delhi.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form