Civil Service Examination, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Union Public Service Commission, Delhi Mar 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
Civil Service Examination, 2013
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2013 on 26/05/2013 for recruitment of various posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and certain other Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ Central Services / Posts. Published at <Read More>
Age : Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 01/08/2013. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.psu jobs
Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible will be as follows:
General Category : Four
Physical Handicapped : Seven
OBC : Seven
SC / ST : No Limit
The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects set out in subsection (A) of Section II. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
Fee: Deposit Rs.100/- (No fee for Female/ SC/ST/PH candidates) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
HOW TO APPLY : The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of examination process. Candidates can obtain details of the examination, venues of the examination and syllabus etc.
1. The Union Public Service Commission will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2013 on 26th May, 2013. This Preliminary Examination will be common for the candidates applying for Civil Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination, and will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Civil Services (Main) Examination and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
2. Candidates are required to apply through online mode in the Commission’s No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
3. For details regarding the Syllabus and Scheme of the examination, Centers of examination, Guidelines for filling up application form etc. aspirants must login Commission’s
4. Detailed Notices of Civil Services Examination and India Forest Service Examination are being published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar shortly.
5. While submitting online applications for Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination, the candidates will have the option to choose either the Civil Services or Indian Forest Service or both. Therefore, before exercising their options,
6. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
7. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(ii)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped etc.
8. The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 3 of the Application Form for the Preliminary Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth
9. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination. Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S.
10. Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from pay- ment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by re- mitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India
11. Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for fee exemption, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or the Appointing Authority,
12. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc.
13. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by can- didates.
14. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application for the Preliminary examination have been accepted by the Commission as true and correct.
15. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government.
Tentative Last Date:04-04-2013
About the organization:
Indianisation of the superior Civil Services became one of the major demands of the political movement compelling the British Indian Government to consider setting up of a Public Service Commission for recruitment to its services in the territory. The first Public Service Commission was set up on October 1st, 1926. However, its limited advisory functions failed to satisfy the people’s aspirations and the continued stress on this aspect by the leaders of our freedom movement resulted in the setting up of the Federal Public Service Commission under the Government of India Act 1935. Under this Act, for the first time, provision was also made for the formation of Public Service Commissions at the provincial level. The Constituent Assembly, after independence, saw the need for giving a secure and autonomous status to Public Service Commissions both at Federal and Provincial levels for ensuring unbiased recruitment to Civil Services as also for protection of service interests. With the promulgation of the new Constitution for independent India on 26th January, 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was accorded a constitutional status as an autonomous entity and given the title – Union Public Service Commission The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The Commission consists of a Chairman and ten Members. The terms and conditions of service of Chairman and Members of the Commission are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1969. The Commission is serviced by a Secretariat headed by a Secretary with two Additional Secretaries, a number of Joint Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries and other supporting staff.Under the Constitution one of the functions of the Commission is to conduct examinations for appointment to Civil Services/Posts of the Union. In addition, competitive examinations are also held by the Commission under arrangements with the Ministry of Defence for entry to certain Defence Services, through the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and the Officers Training Academy The Commission usually conducts over a dozen examinations every year on an all India basis.
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)
Dholpur House, Shahjahan road, New Delhi – 110069
Click above to download
the vacancy details