Advertisement No. 17/2018
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC)
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is inviting application from eligible candidates for State Eligibility Test 2018 to the recruitment on posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh..
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – Not Specified
Pay Scale – as per norms
Master Degree in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications with 55% marks OR Ph.D Degree.
General Instructions:police recruitment
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorized Agency) announces holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) for determining the eligibility for Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The test will be conducted in 22 subjects as listed below at various examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur,Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu and Chamba subject to number of candidates.
- The Candidates applying should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the State Eligibility Test (SET). Their admission at all the stages of the SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Card to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Commission takes up verification of eligibility
conditions with reference to documents only after the candidate has qualified for Test..
- The candidates must read the instructions carefully, which are available on the website of the Commission, i.e. http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in before filling up Online Recruitment Application Forms.
- Incomplete Online Applications submitted without requisite examination fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) of H.P. /Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P. / Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. , Other Backward Classes (OBC) of H.P. (Non creamy layer), as per the State list of Other Backward Classes will only be considered.
- The reserved categories candidates of other states shall be treated as General Category candidates and they will be issued SET certificates only if they qualify the same at par with the cut off marks of General category candidates.
- After the declaration of SET result qualified candidates have to furnish Photostat copies of their testimonials viz. Matriculation/Post Graduation / Category to which they belong,in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing SET qualified certificate.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC) of H.P. /Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P. /Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test only.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However,such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the
- post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State, only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer /PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates of H.P.). Such candidates must complete their P.G. Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. (for instance the candidates having post graduation degree in Acharya (Traditional Sanskrit) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ).
- Concession of Fee is only for SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /OBC of H.P. (Non-creamy layer) / PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD, OBC PWD) & BPL candidates of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) /PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD & OBC PWD) category must ensure that their certificate of respective category is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. The candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of Application Form to Commission. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must ensure / satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any wrong information supplied on online applications or any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in)
- NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st, June ,2002 , are exempted from appearing in SET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st, June, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
Last Date Of Submission Online Application Is:10-01-2019.
Interested candidates with qualifications may apply online for concerned posts as per given online application form. No need to send print to Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission at this stage. Eligible candidates will be intimated about further proceedings. Keeping a print copy for future use is advised.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form