Last Date:19 April,2019
Advt No : 02/2019
Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB)
TNUSRB aka Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board invites application for the post of 969 Sub Inspector of Police (Men & Women / Transgender). Apply Online before 19 April 2019. TNUSRB Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.tnusrbonline.org
Name of the post – Sub Inspector of Police (Men & Women / Transgender)
No of post – 969
Pay Scale – Rs. 36,900 – 1,16,600/-
- Candidates should possess a degree in Science or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission in the pattern of 10+2+3.
- Candidates should have studied Tamil as a subject in X. If not studied, candidates will have to pass the Tamil-Part II Test conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission within 2 years of joining the service.
- Relaxation ( in Upper age limit ) : 05 years for SC & SC (Arunthathiyar)/ST, 03 years for OBC/ BC (Muslim).
- General Instruction:
- Written examination for departmental quota is held separately. A departmental candidate may apply for both open and departmental examination, if he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
- In case required number of candidates are not available for any of the special quotas (Departmental and Sports) the vacancies would be transferred to general quota and filled on communal reservation. Communal reservation is provided within each quota as per existing rules.
- During the final provisional selection, 20% of vacancies shall be set apart on preferential basis for the open candidates who studied the Bachelor’s degree in Tamil Medium.
- The departmental candidates appearing under Open Quota need to satisfy the age criteria for the open quota.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree obtained from Institution / University recognized by University Grants Commission / Government in 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2 pattern in case of Diploma courses. However, candidates who have obtained Bachelor’s degree through Open Universities without going through 10+2+3 pattern will not be eligible. Candidates should have studied Tamil as a subject in X/XII/Degree. If not studied, candidates will have to pass the Tamil Part-II Test conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission within 2 years of joining the service.
- Reservation: Community based reservation and reservation for women will be as per existing rules. Community Certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Government only will be considered for communal reservation.
- Minimum qualifying mark in Written Examination is 25 for open candidates and 30 for departmental candidates. However, number of candidates to be called for next stage of PMT, ET, PET and Certificate Verification will be only 5 times of vacancy. Similarly, the number of candidates to be called for Viva-Voce will be in the ratio of 1:2 of the vacancy.
- Norms for PMT, ET and PET are mentioned in the Information Brochure.
- Written Examination Centre: Examination centre will be intimated at the time of issuing Hall Ticket by TNUSRB. The Board reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination centres and can re-allocate the candidates to any centre on administrative grounds.
- Examination fee: Applicant will have to pay examination fee of Rs.500/-. Departmental candidates appearing for both Open Quota and Departmental Quota examinations will have to pay Rs.1000/- as examination fee. The payment options are both online (Net-banking/Credit card/Debit card) and online (State Bank of India cash challan).
- Online Application: Candidates can apply only through online at www.tnusrbonline.org. Any other mode/ form of applications will be summarily rejected. Call Letters for Written Examination will have to be downloaded from website. No postal call letters will be issued,
- Provisional Selection: After completion of the Viva-Voce the candidates will be provisionally selected for the post of Sub-Inspector of Police (TK, AR and TSP) based on the marks obtained by them in written examination, PET, Viva-Voce and Special marks and age eligibility by following the rule of Communal Reservation.
- Medical Examination and Verification of Character and Antecedents :- The provisionally selected candidates will be subjected to Medical Examination and Verification of Character and Antecedents.
- The candidates should go through the details of notification in the Information Brochure available at the Board’s website before submission of online application.
- Additional details are given in the Information Brochure for the Recruitment of Sub-Inspector of Police (Taluk, Armed Reserve and Tamil Nadu Special Police) for the year 2019. Candidate can download the Information Brochure from this Board’s website www.tnusrbonline.org to be uploaded shortly.
About Us:latest andhra govt jobs
- The Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) was constituted by the Government of Tamil Nadu in November 1991 vide G.O. Ms. No. 1806, Home (Ser.F) Department, dated 29.11.1991 for the recruitment of personnel for the Uniformed Services like Police, Prison and Fire and Rescue Services.
- The TNUSRB consists of one Chairman in the rank of Director General of Police, one Member in the rank of Additional Director General of Police, one Member Secretary in the rank of Inspector General of Police one Superintendent of Police, one Legal Adviser,one Senior Administrative Officer, one Deputy Superintendent of Police, one Personal Assistant and 20 other office staffs.
- The Board is entrusted with the responsibility of recruiting personnel to the Police Department, Fire and Rescue Services Department and Prison Department for the following categories:-(i) Police Department : Sub Inspectors of Police (Men & Women),Sub Inspectors (Technical) (Men & Women),Grade II Police Constables (Men & Women).(ii) Fire and Rescue Services Department : Firemen(iii) Prison Department : Grade II Jail Warders (Men & Women).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form