Advt. No.: PER/08/2017
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
Dr. HomiBhabha Road, Pashan, Pune-411008
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of national and international repute, devoted to research in various aspects of atmospheric sciences with emphasis on tropical meteorology, particularly on the Climate Change and Indian Monsoon.
It is proposed to recruit for the following posts as detailed below:
IITM Pune Job Details:
1.Post Name: Project Scientist-B
No. of Vacancy: 26 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.49000/- (Per Month)
2.Post Name: Project Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 09 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.22000/- (Per Month)
For Project Scientist/ Project Assistant: B.E/ B.Tech. or M. Sc with at least 60% of marks in Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Physics/ Geophysics (Meteorology)/ Mathematics or equivalent from a recognized university/ institute.
- The last date of submission of online application is 19-11-2017. The last date is the cut of date for all purposes including age/qualification/experience etc.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Mere possession of required qualification will not entitle the candidates to be selected for interview. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible for the selection Board to interview or conduct written test for all those candidates. So, the centre may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview/ written test to a reasonable limit of desirable qualification and/or on the record of academic performance and/or relevant experience for the post prescribed in the advertisement as per the specific requirement of the centre and/or any other benchmark decided by a committee constituted to screen the applications. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for Interview/written examination.
- Experience shall mean the experience in the relevant field acquired from Government/ Semi Govt. / PSU/ Autonomous/ Research/ Reputed Organization after obtaining the minimum educational qualification asked for in the said category. Experience claim should be supported by valid documentation.
- The selection for the posts of UDC shall be on the basis of performance of the screened in candidates in the written test. And for the remaining posts selection will be on the basis of performance of the screened in candidates, in the interview.
- Candidates must produce all original documents as proof of details furnished in the application and photocopy of each, at the time of interview for verification. Any discrepancies found in the certificate will attract the disqualification of applications. Non production of the original certificates at the time of interview/ written test will also make the candidate disqualified.
- Selected candidate may have to join the post immediately, on being found fit by Medical Authority.
- Essential qualification, experience and age limit can be relaxed at the discretion of the appointing authority in exceptional cases.
- Director, IITM reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill up the post advertised without assigning any reasons thereof.
How to Apply IITM Pune Vacancy: Interested candidates may apply Online through the website www.tropmet.res.in on or before 19.11.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 23.10.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 19.11.2017
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form