Last Date:12 Apr,2019
No.2019/IRCTC/HRDISZ[Rectt./ Supervisor (Hospitalify)
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu
Eligible Candidates s are encouraged to attend a Walk-In-Interview for 74 positions of Supervisor (South Zone) on contractual basis in Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to be conducted on 09-04-2019 to 12-04-2019 (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM).Candidate will not be allowed to appear for interview if he/she is late by 30 minutes or more to reach the Venue.
Name of the post – Supervisor (South Zone)
No of post – 74
Pay Scale – Rs.25,000/-
B. Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration with 2 yrs experience.
General Information:psu jobs
- This engagement is purely contractual in nature and will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/permanent employment in IRCTC.
- Contract may terminated by giving one month notice by either side. If performance during contract period is not found satisfactory the contact may be terminated with 15 days’ notice.
- Medical insurance will be provided by IRCTC to engaged candidates.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt. / PSUs may apply through proper channel/ submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reseryes the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement andlor the selection process there under.
- The number of vacancies to be frlled may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied. In case it is found at arry stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services will be summarily terminated.
- The selected candidate(s) have to furnish security deposit in the form of DD for Rs. 25,OO0l-.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the walk in interview
- In case of extension of interview, candidates will have to axrange their own stay and food.
- Knowledge of computer (MS Offrce), preparation of reports is desirable.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications to this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on IRCTC website and no separate press coverage will be given in the newspaper.
- Candidate can appear at arry one convenient place only. Attending at more than one place will be liable for disqualification.
- The candidates who have already worked on Fixed Terms/Contract basis will be given additional age relaxation for a period for which they have worked in IRCTC.
- Requires good communication skills both verbal and written (English & Hindi). Possessing knowledge of local language like Tamil, Kannada &Malayalam is added advantage.
- Medical fitness: Engagement of selected candidates shall be subject to medical fitness test as prescribed by IRCTC.
- Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement) complete in all respects. The complete Application Form has to be submitted at the Venue of the Interview for verification along with original, one set of attested copies of required documents and three recent passport size photographs.
- Interview will be conducted, based on the credentials & performance in the personal interview the candidates will be selected and the offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on number of vacancies, subject to verification of antecedents. In addition to 74 selected candidates, rulmes of 74 candidates will be placed on reserved list for unforeseen reason.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000Template:MOS:DIGITS bookings every day is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day.Its tagline is “Lifeline of the nation”.
- It is known for changing the face of railway ticketing in India and is among the Miniratna companies of Central Indian government. Prior to its inception, Indian railway passengers had little options for quality food during travel. Passengers had to get off from trains at stations and buy sub-standard food from station food stalls which were not known for hygiene. Trains stop for only few minutes at stations and this added to rush & panic among travelers. After the advent of IRCTC, pantry cars were introduced inside long or medium distance trains which catered to passengers by serving freshly cooked quality food, thus revolutionizing train travel in India. It pioneered internet-based rail ticket booking through its website, as well as from the mobile phones via WiFi, GPRS or SMS. It also provides SMS facility to check PNR status and Live Train Status as well. In addition to e-tickets, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation also offers I-tickets that are basically like regular tickets except that they are booked online and delivered by post. The tickets PNR status is also made available. Commuters on the suburban rail can also book season tickets through the website. It has also launched a loyalty program called Shubh Yatra for frequent travelers. Through this program, passengers can avail of discounts on all tickets booked round the year by paying an upfront annual fee.
- Seeking to make it easier to book e-tickets, It launched a scheme called Rolling Deposit Scheme (RDS). RDS is an e-ticket booking scheme allowing passengers to reserve seats against advance money kept with the corporation. It has also added flights and hotels booking facilities to their line of online reservation services.
- Passengers are allowed to book tickets through e-ticketing all the day except from 11:45 pm to 12:20 am, following when IRCTC shut down its main server for 35 minutes for maintenance.
- Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation also organises budget and deluxe package tours for domestic and foreign tourists. A popular tourism package for budget tourists covering important tourist destinations across India is called “Bharat Darshan”. Luxury tourism packages are also available, that involve special luxury trains such as Buddhist Circuit Train and Maharajas’ Express operation.
click above to download
the employment notification