Last Date:18 September,2019
Advt No:05 of 2019-20
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
OPSC aka Odisha Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 65 Assistant Fisheries Officer Vacancy 2019. OPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.opsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Assistant Fisheries Officer
No of post – 65
Pay Scale – 44900/- Level -10
Bachelors Degree in Fishery Science (B.F.Sc.).
General Information:psu jobs
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character and (b) sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities so as not to create an impediment in the due discharge of duties.
- A person, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reason(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit. They must inform their respective Head of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- A candidate will not be eligible for consideration, if at any time, he/she has been debarred by any State Public Service Commission or by U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview;
- Only those candidates, who fulfill the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of receipt of application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who does not satisfy the requirement after medical examination, shall not be appointed.
- Provided that the candidates who do not join the place of their posting in Tribal/Backward/Rural areas shall be permanently debarred from joining any Fishery Service under the State Government.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to Viva Voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Class of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-9 of this advertisement.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application form will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission, be imposed on the candidate.
- The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- If one candidate furnishes more than one online application, the Commission will consider the information/data of latest application having higher ID number.
- Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.Cs./S.Ts./S.E.B.Cs. category BY BIRTH are required to retain with them the relevant Caste/Tribe Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form, wherever applicable. Candidates of S.E.B.C. category (other than Creamy Layer) must have obtained Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority within the last three years from the date of issue of this Advertisement.
- Candidates who have not been awarded percentage of marks, but only “GRADE MARKS”, should, along with their applications, produce the conversion certificate from the concerned University indicating the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula, failing which, their applications are liable to be rejected.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
- The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- The Commision after due deliberation constitute the Interview Boards which are required to make the selection with the assistance of the Experts from the concerned subjects. The concerned administrative departments are requested to depute their representative to be present in the Interview Board.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form