Last Date:03 July,2019
Advt No : NIOT/2019/02 (Project)
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)
Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
NIOT aka National Institute of Ocean Technology invites Application for the post of 60 Project Scientist, Project Scientific Assistant & Project Technician. Apply Online before 03 July 2019. NIOT Recruitment Qualification / eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…Official website is www.niot.res.in
Name of the post — Project Scientist, Project Scientific Assistant & Project Technician
No of post — 60
Pay Scale — 15000/-, 24000/-, 55000/-
10th, ITI, Diploma, B.E./B.Tech.
General Conditions:himachal government jobs
- The candidates applying for the above posts should apply on-line through web link https://www.niot.res.in/index.php/recruitmentand shall download the filled in application form generated online and produce the same at the time of registration for interview/ Test on the scheduled dates. The web-link for submission of online application is available till 5 p.m. of 03.07.2019.
- The registration for the walk in interview/ Test will starts from 8:00 a.m.–10.00 a.m on the scheduled dates for the posts at National Institute of Ocean Technology, Pallikaranai, Chennai.
- Interview will be from 10:00 a.m. onwards. Test will commence by 10.30 AM.
- The posts are purely temporary under Project mode on contract basis. The assignment is for fixed tenure or co-terminus with the project in which he / she is engaged, whichever is earlier.
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing interview/Test.
- The person engaged will not be treated on par with regular employees of NIOT and shall have no right to claim implicit or explicit for their absorption or regularization in NIOT.
- All candidates are required to bring the original certificates related to educational qualifications, date of birth, work experience, caste etc. Duly attested copies of all the documents must be submitted with the printout of the online generated application form and one self attested recent passport size photograph should be pasted in the appropriate place in the online generated application.
- The candidates selected are liable to work anywhere in India and can be posted in Islands of Lakshadweep or Andaman and Nicobar in the projects of NIOT. The projects may involve travel and operations, field trials in Islands and may involve sea cruises for data collection, sampling etc. The selected candidates are required to apply and possess/apply immediately for valid Indian National passport on joining the service.
- The decision of NIOT in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection shall be final, and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/ her agency.
- Candidates who are in Government/Autonomous institution and PSU should furnish NOC at the time of interview.
- The National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) was established in November 1993 as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. NIOT is managed by a Governing Council and the Director is the head of the Institute.
- The major aim of starting NIOT under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, is to develop reliable indigenous technology to solve the various engineering problems associated with harvesting of non-living and living resources in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), which is about two-thirds of the land area of India.
- The group functions with a mandate to develop application-oriented technologies in ocean-related (Coastal & Environmental) areas. The goals of the group are to promote programs consistent with the overall development perspective of the country in the infrastructure sector thereby contributing to the nation building exercise
- The group caters to specific sponsored-research and industrial sector projects by providing technical support and time-bound, result-oriented research. Coastal and Environmental Engineering (CEE) program aims to bring the state of the art technology in coastal infrastructure development through field observation, numerical modeling and engineering application.
- The main area of focus of this group is the utilization of the ocean resources to find alternative technologies for producing fresh water (including clean drinking water) and renewable energy. Currently the group is working on three specific areas, fresh water production using low temperature thermal desalination (LTTD) process and energy production using two distinctly different processes, ocean thermal energy conversion and wave energy.
- Technologies like Low Temperature Thermal Desalination (LTTD) using coolant water discharge from thermal power plant, wave energy using floating devices such as Backward Bent Ducted Buoy (BBDB), ocean current turbine development, solar desalination, heat exchangers for LTTD and ocean thermal energy conversion are the focal areas of research. Apart from the aspect of technology development, the group has taken initiative in transferring the LTTD technology to the society through industrial partnership
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form