Last Date:30 Apr,2019
Kolkata Port Trust (KPT)
KPT is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 1 permanent posts of General Manager.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 20-04-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – General Manager
No of post – 01
Pay Scale – Rs.51,300-73,000/-
Degree with 3 yrs experience
General Information:andhra pradesh government jobs
- Applications are invited from suitable and willing officers, who satisfy the provisions of the Recruitment Rules for the post of General Manager (Traffic). The application may be submitted through “Online Application Portal (OAP)” of the Ministry of Shipping website littp://onlinevacaney.shipmin.nic.in from 20 March 2019 to 20 April 2019 Therefore, all the applicants, after registering themselves in the portal, are required to apply for the post through OAP and thereafter a printout of the filled up application alongwith the following documents may be sent in an envelope, superscribing “Application for the post of General Manager (Traffic) under HDC,KoPT”, so as to reach the office of the undersigned on or before 30 April 2019:-
- The post of General Manager (Traffic) in the scale of pay of Rs. 51,300 — 73,000/- in the rank of Head of Department will fall vacant from 01.07.2019 due to superannuation of the serving officer on 30.06.2019.
- The post of General Manager (Traffic) under Haldia Dock Complex, Kolkata Port Trust in the pay scale of Rs. 51,300 — 73,000/- [Class — I (HOD)], is to be filled up by Absorption through Composite Method, from the officers of Major Port Trusts, fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the concerned post, as per the enclosed Schedule of the KoPT Employees’ (Recruitment, Seniority and Promotion) Regulations, 2013 (Annexu re-I).
- The selection is by merit for which overall grading in the ACRs / APARs will not be below “Very Good”.
- Copies of APARs for the last 5 years, attested by officer not below the rank of Dy. HOD on each page. [If APAR for a particular year is not available, last available APAR may be furnished with a non-availability certificate.
- Attested photocopies of all certificates and proof of educational qualification, present and past work experience in the respective post and pay scale.
- No objection certificate from the respective Port.
- Undertaking of the applicant to the effect that the candidature will not be withdrawn, if selected.
- Vigilance and administrative clearance of the concerned Port, as per enclosed proforma (Annexure-11).
- Two passport size photographs.
- The Crucial date for determining eligibility of the applicants will be. 01 July 2019.
- If any major or minor penalty has been imposed on the applicant during the last 10 years, the disciplinary case leading to such penalty alongwith necessary documents may be sent by the forwarding authority alongwith the application. Vigilance report is to be furnished in the format prescribed, vide Ministry of Shipping’s letter no. A-12022/10/2005-PE.I dated 27th August 2010, copy of which is attached as Annexure — III.
- Incomplete application or forwarded applications received after 30 April 2019 will not be considered. Further, HDC,KoPT will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Copy to the Secretary KoPT for information please. She is requested to circulate the vacancy and forward the applications of eligible candidates of KDS as per enclosure.
- Copy to General Manager (Traffic) for wide circulation among eligible candidates under HDC,KoPT.
- Interested candidates with qualifications may apply online on or before 20-04-2019. Before filling online application, applicants must read all instruction carefully.
- Kolkata is the earliest major port in the country. But the nucleus of the present day Kolkata Port lies much earlier – with the grant of trading rights to the British Settlement in Eastern India by the Moghal Emperor Aurangzeb. The city of Kolkata, has a synergistic linkage with the port.
- In course of time the power to rule this vast country passed from the East India Company to the British Crown. The affairs of the Port were brought under the administrative control of the Government with the appointmentof a Port Commission in 1870.
- The Kolkata Port was initially conceived to promote and protect the British colonial interest.
- The Port which was once considered the most important port in the country still remains the premier port which has been rightly called the gateway to Eastern India and is the guiding factor to trade and commerce of vast hinterland comprising the entire Eastern India including Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh and the two land-locked Himalayan Kingdoms of Nepal and Bhutan.
- The Commissioners for the Port of Kolkata ran the port till January 1975 when Major Port Trusts Act, 1963, came into force. The history of Kolkata Port has been a continuous story of struggle and success – it’s a saga of uninterrupted development, improvement and achievements. Kolkata Port is a port of contrast and contradictions.
- Kolkata Port is the only riverine Major Port in India, situated 232 kms. up-stream from the Sandheads, having arguably the longest navigational channel amongst Major Ports of India and its navigational channel is one of the longest in the world.
- At one end at Kidderpore, it has the lowest draft and the other end at Sandheads, it has the deepest draft (more than 50 metres) amongst Indian and world ports. What was described as “one of the best and most convenient ports out of Europe” by the Lt. Governor of Bengal in 1877, still retains a pre-eminent position among the nation’s ports on the strength of its infinite variety of availability of draft throughout 232 kms long navigable channel.
- It is not for nothing that it has been able to surpass every target set for it and set all-time records in almost every walk of port activity. It could attain this only because of its professionalism and commitment to perfectionism. In the recent past, Kolkata Port has been adjudged as the best managed port in the country.
- Despite its being 126 miles away from the sea, Kolkata is, by far, the best choice for eastern gateway to this continental-country. Kolkata Port Trust remains one of the pioneering and most promising ports of India. It commands a vast hinterland that comprises almost half of the Indian states (whole of the eastern and north-eastern regions) and the two neighbouring countries – the Himalayan Kingdoms of Nepal and Bhutan. It has two dock systems – Kolkata Dock System at Kolkata with the oil wharves at Baj Baj and Haldia Dock Complex at Haldia – have a combination of facilities with a lot of attractive packages.
click above to download
the employment notification