Last Date:29 jan 2019
Notice No. 01/2018
Hooghly District Court
Hooghly District Court is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 36 posts of Lower Division Clerk, Stenographer and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 29-01-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Lower Division Clerk, Stenographer and Various
No of post – 36
Pay Scale – Rs 7100 – 37600,Rs 5400 – 25200,Rs 4900 – 16200
Madhyamik or equivalent with certificate in Computer Training and min speed @80 W.P.M. in shorthand and a minimum speed @ 30 W.P.M. in typewriting.
General Instructions:govt jobs
- All items in the Application Form are to be filled in by the applicant online. NO other form of application will be accepted. A candidate is NOT allowed to apply for more than 1(one) post.
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates belonging to states other than West Bengal will be treated as UR candidates only.
- Application Fee is to be paid through State Bank of India e-Collect System either Online or by way of cash payment by downloading customised challan only from the concerned website. The details of application fee is already mentioned above. Bank Charges will be additionally levied upon application fee as per rates specified by State Bank of India.
- Scanned passport size recent colour photograph of the applicant (Image format will ONLY be .jpg and of maximum size 20KB and preferred dimension 100×200 pixels) is to be uploaded in the specified space in the website. Image of size more than 20KB will not be accepted by the website. Further, black and white/unclear/hazy/doctored/morphed images, if uploaded by the applicant and detected at any later stages of this recruitment process, will result in summarily rejection of the applicant. The applicant has to retain 3 identical copies of this photograph which has been uploaded and will have to produce them before the Authority as and when called for.
- Scanned full signature of the candidate is to be uploaded in the space specified and the image should be in .jpg format and will be of maximum size 20 KB and preferred dimension is 200×100 pixels. Scanned signature exceeding the maximum size will not be accepted by the website.
- Scanned documents in supporting to Caste Certificate/EC Certificate/Ex-Serviceman Certificate/PWD Certificate/Meritorious Sportsperson Certificate is to be uploaded in the space specified and the image should be in .jpg format and will be of maximum size 100 KB and preferred dimension is 1250×1750 pixels.
- The applicant will have to fill in his/her basic information. After submission of the information, the applicant will be asked to verify the information submitted and to rectify if any.After verification, the applicant will have to press “I agree” button that will appear on the screen ensuring that the information supplied by him/her are in order and no further rectification is required. No further rectification/modification will be allowed to the applicant after he/she presses the “I agree” button. Now, an 8(eight) digit numeric code as Application ID will appear on the screen which the applicant will have to remember throughout this recruitment exercise. It is suggested that the applicant notes down this Application ID and 8 digit password as entered by him/her while filling up the application form. Now the applicant has to upload the scanned images of recent passport sized photograph and full signature respectively as per specifications mentioned earlier. Also scanned copies of supporting documents as per above instructions need to be uploaded. Any application without valid scanned photograph and full signature will be summarily rejected without assigning any reason to the candidate thereof.Also in case supporting documents are required, the same has to be uploaded in the website as well, without which the application will be considered incomplete and rejected thereof.
- This part relates to payment of application fees. The applicant will have to log-in as registered candidate with 8 digit application id and 8 digit password. A link regarding payment of application fees will appear in the website. In case of online payment, the applicant will have to make payment by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. In case of offline payment, the applicant will have to download 2(two) copies of the customised chalan from this website and make payment in cash in any branch of State Bank of India. The application fees can be paid online till 11:45 p.m. on 29.01.2019 and within Banking Hours for Offline Payment.However, please note that the Offline Payment facility will remain discontinued on and from 27.01.2019.
- In both online and offline payment, Bank charges as fixed by the Bank will be levied upon in addition to the application fees as specified earlier. On successful payment of application fees,the Bank will provide a Journal Number which will have to noted down carefully by the applicant.
- After payment of application fees, the applicant has to log in as Registered Candidate with 8 digit application id and 8 digit password. The valid details of application fees paid are to be entered viz amount paid, journal number, date of deposit etc.
- The town of Hooghly-Chuchura was founded by the Portuguese in 1579. But, the district has thousands of years of rich heritage in the form of the great Bengali kingdom of Bhurshut. The city flourished as a trading port and some religious structures were built. One such structure is a Church dedicated to a Charismatic statue of the Mother Mary brought by the Portuguese. In the 17th century, political disorder struck the city and the Mughal governor of Bengal expelled the Portuguese. The statue was lost in the river by the Portuguese when fleeing. The statue was later found by the local people on the bank of the river. The arrested Portuguese were taken to Delhi where a death sentence of trampling by elephants was decreed. When the emperor Shah Jahan heard this he ordered the priests released and granted a piece of land on the bank of the river Hooghly where the statue of the Mother Mary was reestablished. There a church was constructed to house the statue, which still receives pilgrims today. The church was renovated in 1980s and has been declared as a balilica by the authority of Rome.
- In 1656 the Dutch erected a factory on the site of the town. At that time Kolkata was the principal Dutch settlement in Bengal, used as a base for the Dutch intra-Asian opium trade.
- In 1759 a British force under Colonel Forde was attacked at the Battle of Chinsurah by the garrison of Chinsurah on its march to Chandernagore. In less than half an hour the Dutch attackers were entirely routed. In 1795, during the Nepoleonic wars, the settlement was occupied by a British garrison. At the peace of 1814 it was restored to the Dutch. It was among the cessions in India made by the king of the Netherlands in 1825 in exchange for the British possessions in Sumatra.
- Interested candidates with qualifications may apply online for concerned posts as per given online application form. No need to send print to Hooghly District Court at this stage. Eligible candidates will be intimated about further proceedings. Keeping a print copy for future use is advised.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form