Last Date:20 May,2019
Advt.No. : 03/2019
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
Kalpakkam (Tamil nadu)
IGCAR aka Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research invites Applications for the post of 30 Junior Research Fellowships. Apply Online before 20 May 2019. IGCAR Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…Official website is www.igcar.gov.in
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellowships
No of post – 30
Pay Scale – 31,000/- (Per Month)
M.Sc, M.E./M.Tech, B.Sc, B.E./B.Tech.
General Instruction:government jobs
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility conditions mentioned in the advertisement. Candidates should ensure that they fill in the correct information. Furnishing of incomplete,false or misleading information shall render the application liable to be rejected. The candidate would be admitted to various stages of the recruitment process based on the information furnished by the candidate in his/her application. Only a summary scrutiny of the application would be made before the final stage of the recruitment process and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of the candidate would be done only at the final stage of the recruitment process. As such, the candidature of the applicant shall remain provisional till detailed scrutiny is undertaken and the candidate is found eligible in all respect. IGCAR would be at liberty to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found ineligible for the post or if it comes to notice that the candidate has furnished false information. The decision of IGCAR shall be final in deciding the eligibility of the candidate. The mere fact that a call letter has been issued to the candidate and allowed to appear in the written exam/interview will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application have been accepted as true and correct.
- Age, qualification, experience, community status, creamy layer status will be reckoned as on the closing date for submission of application online.
- Those who are in employment under any Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Corporations/ Local Govt. etc. should submit a No Objection Certificate from the employer at the time of verification of the documents.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the application form generated by the system.
- Candidates need not submit printout of their online applications or any other document either by post or by hand. They will be required to bring the printouts of their online applications at the final stage of recruitment process if they reach that stage.
- SC/ST/OBC (clearly indicating Creamy Layer status) certificate should be as per the format prescribed for employment in Government of India which are available in IGCAR website.
- The original certificates / documents of the candidates will be verified at the final stage of the recruitment process. The shortlisted candidates must bring all original certificates of educational qualifications,experience, date of birth, caste certificate in the prescribed format, disability certificate in respect of PWD candidates, No Objection Certificate if in regular employment under any Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Corporations/Local Govt. etc.
- The list of candidates selected for the award of Junior Research Fellowship will be displayed on the IGCAR website. The selected candidates will also be informed by mail. The final induction of the selected candidates as JRFs will be subject to production of all necessary documents in original (Proof of Date of Birth/Caste certificate/ physically challenged certificate if applicable, B.Sc./M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. degree and Marks sheets) on the dates intimated to the candidates by the Department.
- The number of fellowships indicated in this advertisement is approximate and may vary as per the requirement at the time of final selection. The Centre reserves the right not to fill up the fellowships if it so desires. IGCAR reserves the right to screen and call only such candidate as are found prima – facie suitable for being considered by the selection committee. Thus, just fulfilling the prescribed conditions should not entitle one to be called for interview. The fellowship shall not confer any claim or right for regular employment in the Centre or any Unit of Department of Atomic Energy. Opportunity for meritorious candidates exists for the position of Visiting Scientist under KSKRA scheme.
- Candidates who are NOT meeting the mentioned qualification NEED NOT apply.
- The period of service rendered as research fellow will not be counted in any post of DAE / Other Government Department.
- Admission shall not be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right. The admission shall be entirely at the discretion of the selection committee, which may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
- No correspondence whatsoever form will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for interview/outcome of interview.
- Applications will be scrutinized and suitability of candidates will be decided on the basis of their academic performance.
- Suitable candidates under the Category A & B will be selected based on WRITTEN EXAMINATION and INTERVIEW. Written Examination will be held on 09/06/2019 (Sunday) at Chennai. Based on the number of applications received from various regions, Centres may be increased and the same will be intimated through call letter.
- A summary scrutiny of the application would be made for short-listing of candidates for the written examination and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of the candidate would be done at the time of interview. Candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria can plan to attend the written examination.
- Candidates from Category A, satisfying any of the following conditions are exempted from written examination: i. With valid UGC-CSIR-NET Fellowship (SLET/Lecturership is not eligible). ii. With valid JEST score of 90 percentile and above. iii. With a valid GATE score after Master’s degree.
- There will be no written examination for all the candidates in Category C & D and candidates would be shortlisted based on GATE score.
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) is one of India’s premier nuclear research centres. It is the second largest establishment of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), next to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), located at Kalpakkam, 80 km south of Chennai, India.It was established in 1971 as an exclusive centre dedicated to the pursuit of fast reactor science and technology, due to the vision of Dr. Vikram Sarabhai.
- Originally, it was called as Reactor Research Centre (RRC). It was renamed as Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) by the then Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi in December 1985.The centre is engaged in broad-based multidisciplinary programme of scientific research and advanced engineering directed towards the development of Fast Breeder Reactor technology, in India.
- The fast reactor related research in India, originated at BARC, Mumbai. Later, RRC was established at Kalpakkam with the same mandate. The Central Workshop, Safety Research Laboratory and Materials Sciences Laboratory were constructed in 1975–1976. Soon, the Radio-Chemistry Lab and Electronics and Instrumentation Lab were constructed.
- The centre houses a Fast Breeder Test Reactor (FBTR), which attained its first criticality in October 1985.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form