Last Date:04 September,2019
Advt.No.: R&E/2-94/GDS ONLINE/CYCLE-II/2019
Karnataka Postal Circle
Karnataka Postal Circle invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 2637 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS). Apply Online before 04 September 2019. Karnataka Postal Circle Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.appost.in
Name of the post – Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
No of post – 2637
Pay Scale – 10000/- (Per Month)
10th Standard Passed with passing marks in Mathematics and English.
Important Instruction:psu jobs
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.(Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018). The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
- There will be no relaxation in upper age limit to EWS candidates. However, the persons belonging to EWSs who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in engagement to the Gramin Dak Sevak posts in the Department of Posts as per Directorate instructions circulated vide no. 17-09/2019-GDS dated 26.02.2019.
- All Recruiting Authorities shall maintain reservation for persons with disabilities to all categories of GDS posts except for persons with benchmark of disability “Blind” (for all categories of GDS). Percentage of reservation may be maintained as in the case of SC,. ST and OBC categories in GDS posts as per Directorate order no. 17-08/2017-GDS dated 26.02.2019. Relaxation in upper age limit is subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 55 years.
- The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations.This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory subject to the conditions referred in Clause B of Notifications pertaining to Required Educational Qualifications for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSCwhere Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly in case of a candidate joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
- For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s socio-economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With 1, 55,015 Post Offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
- The Department of Posts (DoP), trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India, which is part of the Ministry of Communications of the Government of India. Generally called “the post office” in India, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world.
- It is involved in delivering mails, remitting money by money orders, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as old age pension payments and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement. With 155,015 post offices, India Post has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
- The country has been divided into 23 postal circles, each circle headed by a Chief Postmaster General. Each circle is divided into regions, headed by a Postmaster General and comprising field units known as Divisions. These divisions are further divided into subdivisions. In addition to the 23 circles, there is a base circle to provide postal services to the Armed Forces of India headed by a Director General. One of the highest post offices in the world is in Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh operated by India Post at a height of 14,567 ft (4,440 m).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form