Last Date:22 January,2019
Advt. No. : APP:01/18
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited(GRSE)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
GRSE aka Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited invites Application for the post of 200 Apprentice Vacancy 2019. GRSE Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.grse.nic.in
Name of the post – Apprentice
No of post – 200
Pay Scale – 8000/-, 10000/- (Per Month)
10th, ITI, Diploma, B.E./B.Tech.
General Instruction:employment news
- The above mentioned trades / disciplines and numbers are indicative and subject to change without prior notice. The decision of the GRSE management will be final and no appeal will be entertained.
- GRSE reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of seats. Filling up of seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to any reason.
- ITI / Degree Engineering / Diploma Engineering qualification acquired through Part-time / Distance learning mode will not be considered.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the applicants called for any stage of the selection process.
- In case of any ambiguity / dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, the English version will prevail.
- Information related to engagement process like document verification schedule, medical examination schedule, selection etc. will be hosted in GRSE website www.grse.in
- After completion of training, the Apprenticeship contract will be terminated.It shall not be obligatory on the part of GRSE to offer any employment to the apprentice on completion of period of apprenticeship training.
- Suppression of information / facts will lead to disqualification at any stage of selection process.
- Please note that candidature of the candidate is liable to be cancelled if he/she submits more than one application for same post.
- Candidates may be asked for submission of any additional documentary evidence in support of eligibility of the applicants.
- The Apprentices shall have to arrange Boiler Suit, Safety Shoes, Helmet and shall follow Safety Rules during their Apprenticeship Training
- Rules/guidelines, as may be prescribed by the Govt./framed by GRSE from time to time, shall apply.
- For any dispute, the Jurisdiction shall be Kolkata.
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding schedule of Document Verification, Medical test, Joining etc.shall be provided through e-mail / uploading on GRSE website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of information shall be of the candidate only.GRSE will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail sent, due to invalid / wrong email ID provided by the candidate or delivery of e-mails to Spam/Bulk mail folder or for delay / non-receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/ her mail/website in time or DND activated mobile no. etc. GRSE will not be responsible for any postal delay also.
- Corrigendum/Addendum/Updates would be uploaded only on GRSE website www.grse.in
- Decision of GRSE Management in all matters related to the engagement process of Apprentices like eligibility, acceptance/rejection of any application etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no inquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Any form of canvassing will disqualify the candidature.
- The mere fact that a candidate has submitted application against the advertisement and apparently fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the advertisement would not bestow on him / her the right to be definitely considered for selection process.
- Candidates applying for Trade Apprentice (Ex-ITI) can opt for Training either at Kolkata or at Ranchi. They will be considered accordingly for preparing the Merit List.
- Merit List based on marks scored in the Qualifying Examination in each trade / discipline i.e. AITT under CTS for Trade Apprentice (Ex-ITI), Degree in Engineering examination for Graduate Apprentice and Diploma in Engineering examination for Technician Apprentice.
- Common Merit List based on marks scored in class 10th standard / Madhyamik or equivalent examination will be prepared for selection of Trade Apprentices (Fresher). Allotment of trade will be made after joining in order of merit and availability of seats.
- In case final aggregate grades / marks is not mentioned in Certificate or in Final marksheet, average marks of all the semesters / years will be considered as the marks scored in the Qualifying Examination.
- Wherever CGPA or other grades in qualifying examination are awarded, equivalent % of marks should be indicated in the application as per norms adopted by concerned University / Institute. The candidate shall be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the University / Institute at the time of document verification. Where there is no laid down norms for conversion to equivalent % of marks, in such cases equivalency will be drawn by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- The date of declaration of final semester / year result / issuance of mark sheet shall be deemed to be the date of acquiring Degree / Diploma in Engineering qualification and there shall be no relaxation on this account.
- In case the date of declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate shall be required to submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Institute / College from where the candidate pursued his course, along with his application form.
- In the event of tie in total marks obtained by the candidates, age seniority will be considered i.e. candidate who is older will get preference.
- Candidates will be called for document verification in the order of merit. They are required to submit ORIGINAL documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of documents in regards to educational qualification, age and caste/PH (if applicable) and other documents as specified in the advertisement. Candidature will be rejected in case candidates failed to produce the original document or he/she is found not satisfying the eligibility criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates shall undergo Medical Examination and will have to be declared “Medically Fit” by GRSE Medical Officer before engagement as Apprentice in GRSE. Final selection of candidate is subject to medical fitness by Company’s Medical Officer as per company’s Rules.
- GRSE being a Government of India Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence, it is mandatory to submit Police Verification Report for residential address area from competent authority at the time of joining for training. Failure to submit the above report may lead to the cancellation of engagement as Apprentice.
- If selected, candidates can be posted to any Unit / Department of the Company for the Apprenticeship Training.
- The selected candidates must execute a Contract with respective authority as per the Apprenticeship Act.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (IAST: Gārḍen rīc șipabilḍars limiteḍ), abbreviated as GRSE, is one of India’s leading shipyards, located in Kolkata, West Bengal.It builds and repairs commercial and naval vessels. Presently GRSE has also started building export ships in a mission to expand its business.
- Founded in 1884 as a small privately owned company on the eastern bank of the Hooghly River, it was renamed as Garden Reach Workshop in 1916. The company was nationalised by the Government of India in 1960. It was awarded the Miniratna status, with accompanying financial and operational autonomy in September 2006. It is first Indian shipyard to build 100 warships .
- It has a large Computer Aided Design (CAD) centre for ship modelling and design. There are four workshops for plate preparation and steel fabrication.
- GRSE has a dry dock for ships up to 26,000 tonnes deadweight (DWT). It has a building berth and two slipways for hull construction. It has a covered all-weather non-tidal wet basin for fitting-out medium and small ships and another fitting-out complex for ships with three berths alongside. In addition, it has two river jetties for berthing smaller vessels up to 60 metres (200 ft) in length. GRSE has engine repair and overhaul facilities in Ranchi.
- On 1 July 2006, GRSE acquired the loss-making Rajabagan Dockyard (RBD) of Central Inland Water Transport Corporation (CIWTC). RBD’s facilities with its 600 metres (2,000 ft) waterfront helped alleviate some of GRSE’s space constraints and increase its production capacity.
- As of 2011, the shipyard is undergoing a 530 crore (US$74 million) upgrade programme, expected to be completed by March 2012. The second phase of the upgrade programme began in June 2013.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form