Last Date:19 Aug,2019
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
Walk-In-Interview will be conducted on 19-08-2019 (12 PM) by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh (PGIMER Chandigarh) for the recruitment of all suitable candidates to 17 post of Assistant Professor, Senior Resident and Medical Officer on correct basis in the given areas.The candidates who possess essential qualifications and age limit, may walkin for an interview these positions at given venue.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor, Senior Resident and Medical Officer
No of post – 17
Pay Scale – Rs 100000,Rs 60000,Rs 55000
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh (PGIMER Chandigarh) for the recruitment of all suitable candidates to 17 post of Assistant Professor, Senior Resident and Medical Officer on correct basis in the given areas.The candidates who possess essential qualifications and age limit, may walkin for an interview these positions at given venue.
General Instruction:tamilnadu govt employment
- The candidate must ensure that they fulfil eligibility criteria. If at any stage, it is found that the candidate has furnished any incorrect information his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services will be summarily terminated.
- The candidate should bring their application/bio-data in triplicate alongwith all the documents/certificates in support of their claim and three
photocopies of each document including passport size latest photographs.
- All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of interview.
- The candidate having prescribed qualification/experience should appear for interview on 19.8.2019 at 12:30 pm in the Committee Room, Kairon Administrative Block, PGIMER, Sector 12, Chandigarh.
- The candidates should also bring their original documents/testimonials on the date of interview.
- The period of experience wherever prescribed shall be counted after obtaining the prescribed qualification.
- The candidates willing to appear in the above said walk-in-interview must submit their brief bio-data (in triplicate) on the proforma attached at Annexure ‘A’ alongwith certificate of age, qualification, experience and caste complete in all respects on 19.8.2019 till 10:00 am in the Recruitment Cell positively.
- The appointment is purely on contract basis for a period of one year (with effect from the date of joining) or till such time the regular appointments against the vacant post are made, whichever is earlier. If the contract is not extended further, the same will lapse automatically without assigning any reason. The appointment can also be terminated at any time, on either side, by giving one months notice or by paying one months salary, or failure to complete the period of three months to the satisfaction of the competent authority.
- The appointee shall perform the duties as assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No
extra/additional remuneration will be admissible in case of such assignment.
- The appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government servants, appointed on regular basis.
- All the above post are for running the temporary OPD of PGIMER Chandigarh Satellite Centre at Sangrur, Punjab. Candidate selected for above contract posts will be posted at Satellite Centre, Sangrur, Punjab.
- The appointee shall be a whole time employee of the Institute and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in a private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
- The appointment to the said post will be subject to medical fitness from the competent Medical Board for which he/she will be sent to the designated Medical Authority of the Institute.
- Leave entitlement of the appointee shall be governed in terms of instructions contained in DoPT&T’s O.M. No.12016/3/84-Estt.(L) dated the 12th April 1985 as amended by OM No.12016/1/96-Estt(L) dated the 5th July 1990 and OM No.12016/2/99-Estt(L) dated 12 July 1999.
- On appointment, the appointee will be required to take an oath of allegiance to the Constitution of India or make a solemn affirmation to that effect in the prescribed proforma.
- Interested candidates may apply for the post under reference in the prescribed application form available at the Institute website appending therewith copies of selfattested certificates/testimonials and other relevant documents etc. and to bring the original certificates/testimonials at the time of walk-in-interview.
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a medical and research institution in Chandigarh, India. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students. It is the leading tertiary care hospital of the region and caters to patients from all over Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. It has all the latest facilities including all specialties, super specialties and sub specialties. Apart from the clinical services, PGI boosts of training in almost all disciplines of Medicine including post graduate and post doctoral degrees, diploma and fellowships. There are more than 50 such training courses in the institute. Since it is a post graduate institute, it does not have facilities for courses.
- The founders of the institute are Tulsi Das, Santokh Singh Anand, P N Chuttani, B N Aikat, Sant Ram Dhall and Bala Krishna.
- PGIMER was conceived and planned in 1960 to provide a physical and intellectual milieu for young scientists working in multiple disciplines of medicine, to advance the frontiers of knowledge to render humane service to sick and suffering, and to train medical and paramedical manpower in Chandigarh. The institute was established in 1962 under the erstwhile state of Punjab. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament (Sr. No. 51 of 1966) w.e.f. 1 April 1967.
- PGIMER is involved in research for the rural and community related environment and health problems. The focus of research has been on tackling diseases like diarrhea, tuberculosis, malaria, amoebiasis, systemic vasculitis, relapsing polychondritis, HIV, leprosy, hepatitis, anaemia, leukaemia, hypertension, atherosclerosis, thalassemia, dental caries, stone disease, cancer, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Techniques are available to conduct studies like flow cytometry, chromatography (HPLC, FPLC), molecular biology, positron emission tomography (PET) and genetic studies. A BSL-III laboratory for mycobacteria is under construction. Recently, some highly advanced bio techniques like Ultracentrifugation , LC-MS ,Scanning electron microscopy and Whole genome sequencer have been installed in the CSIC , research block B.
- Admission to post doctoral and postgraduate courses conducted at PGIMER is made twice a year. The sessions commence from first January and first July. The admission to the courses is made on merit on all-India basis by holding an entrance examination by the institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. Each year more than 20,000 medical graduates across the country compete for the positions. Approximately 1% to 2% of the candidates are selected, making it one of the most competitive tests across all fields in India.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form