Last Date:23 Jan,2019
Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd(FACT)
FACT aka The Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd. invites applications for the post of 155 Diploma & Trade Apprentices. Apply before 23 January 2019. FACT Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.fact.co.in
Name of the post – Diploma & Trade Apprentices
No of post – 155
Pay Scale – 8000/-, 6018 – 6770/-
General Instruction:delhi sarkari naukri
- The ITI / Diploma candidates may apply for apprenticeship through the online application link available in the website www.fact.co.in on or before 23.01.2019.
- The originals of the following certificates should be scanned and uploaded. E-mail id should be uploaded carefully. (a) SSLC Certificate (b) Diploma / ITI Certificate & Marklist (c) Caste Certificate in the case of SC/ST & Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the case of OBC candidates (Issued latest by 6 months by an officer not less than the rank of a Thahsildar) (d) Disability Certificate (for PWD candidates) from competent Medical Board. (e) Aadhar card.
- Incomplete application or application received after the due date or application without the above mentioned certificates will be rejected and shall not be considered for selection. The scanned certificates which are not original / legible shall also be rejected.
- The list of the eligible candidates and the date/venue/time of written test will be notified in our website www.fact.co.in. The admit card and other details of the written test shall be send to the mail ids of the eligible candidates.
- The candidate should bring the following at the time of written exam:(a) Duly filled admit card along with photo pasted.(b) Originals of the above mentioned certificates and one attested copy of the SC/ST/OBC Certificates. (c) Identity proof (aadhar card / voters id / driving license).
- Students awarded with CGPA / Grade system should produce conversion certificate of CGPA / Grade into percentage from their Institute. For those who have not submitted with the conversion certificate the UPSC’s CGPA conversion formula will be applicable.
- Age not more than 23 years as on 01-01-2019 For general candidates with date of birth on or after 02.01.1995. For OBC candidates with date of birth on or after 02.01.1992.For SC/ST candidates with date of birth on or after 02.01.1990.
- Diploma candidates should register themselves in the online web portal of Board of Apprenticeship Training (www.mhrdnats.gov.in) under ‘Student’ category.
- ITI / ITC candidates should register themselves under Apprenticeship Registration in the online web portal of Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training (www.ncvtmis.gov.in / www.apprenticeship.gov.in).
- Candidates who have uploaded the Apprenticeship student ID in the online application link only will be permitted for the written exam.
- Age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates is allowed as per rules (PWD will be considered for selection to Computer discipline Apprenticeship only.)
- The selection will be based on the following criteria: (i) Qualifying Examination 50% marks (ii) Written test 50% marks.
- The stipend amount and period of training will be as per Apprentice Act.
- Dependents of FACT Employees should submit a Dependency certificate from HR Department while appearing for the written test.
- FACT Ltd. has not authorized any other website to publish this advertisement.Therefore the company is not responsible for any misleading information that may appear on other websites.
- Any change/modification in the above notification will be intimated through the official website www.fact.co.in only and It will not be intimated through any of the news papers.
- The candidates belonging to the disciplines mentioned above only need to apply. Diploma in any other discipline or equivalent diploma will not be considered.
- Agriculture has always been the mainstay of our people and we have been tilling the land and reaping the harvests for hundreds of years. This naturally found us in a situation where the land was becoming les and les bountiful. The yield was getting lower and lower and in the early half of 20th century we found we had to depend on imports to meet out minimum food grain requirement. The simple truth that land had been losing its fertility through long years of repeated cultivation dawned on us much too late. What we were putting back in the form of organic manure was hardly adequate to replenish the soil or to correct the imbalance on the fertility status of the land under cultivation. Advanced countries elsewhere has discovered the answer to this problem in chemical fertilisers and some of the large scale farming entrepreneurs like foreign owned plantations in India also were importing chemical fertilisers for their own use.
- The Second World War which cut off traditional sources of import of food grains aggravated our problem and the famine conditions that prevailed in some parts of the country made us sit up and think. Chemical fertiliser was the answer, but we did not have the technical know-how, raw materials or the resources for setting up fertiliser plants. It was then that a daring and farsighted administrator of Travancore (Kerala), Dr. C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, had overcome the obstacles and paved the way for setting up a chemical fertiliser factory, in a till then unheard village in Kerala with what little resource that was available then and adopting technology and raw materials that could be mustered up. The immediate objective was to grow more food using the wonder replenisher, chemical fertilisers. This was how FACT came to be founded in what is now known as Udyogamandal, on the banks of river Periyar in 1944. It was then the first large scale fertiliser factory in the entire country.
- FACT, India’s first large scale fertiliser unit was set up in 1943. In 1947, FACT Udyogamandal started production of Ammonium Sulphate with an installed capacity of 10,000 MT Nitrogen. FACT became a Kerala State Public Sector Enterprise on 15th August 1960 and 21st November 1962, the Government of India became the major shareholder.
- The 2nd stage of expansion of FACT was completed in 1962. The 3rd stage of expansion of FACT was completed in 1965 with setting up of a new Ammonium Sulphate Plant.
- FACT Engineering and Design Organisation was set up on 24th July 1965 to meet the emerging need for indigenous capabilities in vital areas of Engineering, Design and Consultancy for establishing large and modern fertiliser plants. FEDO has since then diversified into Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Hydrometallurgy, Pharmaceutical and other areas. FEDO offers services from project identification and evaluation stage to plant design, procurement, project management, site supervision and commissioning of new plants as well as revamping and modernisation of old plants.
- FACT Engineering Works was established on 13th April 1966 as a unit to fabricate and install equipments for fertiliser plants. Over the years FEW developed capabilities in the fabrication of pressure vessels and heat exchangers. FEW has also undertaken laying of cross country piping and fabrication and installation of large penstocks of hydel projects.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form