Last Date:17 January,2019
Advt No : R/MO(Sp.)/60(01)/2018
West Bengal Health Recruitment Board(WBHRB)
WBHRB aka West Bengal Health Recruitment Board invites application for the post of 1274 Medical Officer (Specialist). Apply Online before 17 January 2019. WBHRB Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below……. Official Website is www.wbhrb.in
Name of the post – Medical Officer (Specialist)
No of post – 1274
Pay Scale – 15600 – 42000/-
MBBS degree and requisite Post Graduate Qualification in the respective Specialist.
General Information:latest karnataka govt jobs
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Govt. of India;
- The claim of candidates for relaxation of age as a regular /contractual Govt. employee should be proved by a certificate from the appropriate authority showing the period of candidate’s continuous service under the Government of West Bengal and the same should be furnished when called for.
- Age as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent certificate, shall only be acceptable;
- In-Service Candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must submit online the application fee amounting to Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten only) by Net Banking only in any Bank participating in the GRIPS ( Govt. Receipt Portal System ), Govt. of West Bengal at the Government Receipt Head of Account: ‘ 0051-00-104-002-16’.
- It may please be noted that after making payment to Bank, Candidate has to log in to the website with the log in ID & Password, already provided to him/her after registration through SMS/ Email for payment verification and filling up the Page 2 of the Application Form.
- No application shall be considered unless accompanied by the requisite application fee excepting Candidates belonging to SC/ST category of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under Disabilities Rule, 1999 (certificates obtained before the Advertisement date), who need not pay any fee. Such exemption of fee is, however, not applicable to any OBC (category A or B) candidate.
- No claim for refund of the fee shall be entertained nor shall it be held in reserved for any other examination.
- Application shall be made in the format available in the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Website: www.wbhrb.in.
- Application received after the closing date shall be rejected.
- In case, any of the statements made in the application found subsequently false, his/ her candidature shall be liable to cancellation, and even if appointed to a post on the results of this examination, his/ her appointment shall be liable to be terminated. Willful suppression of any material fact shall also be similarly dealt with.
- Candidate should take particular note that entries to his/her application submitted to the Board must be made correctly against all the items, which shall be treated as final and no alteration and addition in this regard shall be entertained after full submission of the application. Application not duly filled in or found incomplete or defective in any respect or without fee shall be liable to rejection.
- All information regarding recruitment (how to apply, how to make payment, date of examination/ interview etc.) to the post, will be available time to time in the Board Website.
- A candidate claiming to be S.C./S.T./O.B.C. must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below [vide the West Bengal SCs and STs (Identification) Act, 1994 and SCs /STs Welfare Department order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 06.04.1995 read with B.C.W. Department Order No. 6320-BCH/MR-84/10 dated 24.09.2010]:
- Persons with Disabilities (Physically handicapped) [ 40% and above ] must have a certificate from an appropriate Medical Board [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
- The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries regarding eligibility.Original Certificates relating to citizenship (by registration), age, qualifications, caste (SC/ST/BC), Physical disability (40% and above) shall have to be submitted, when the WBHRB asks for. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his/her candidature within the time specified by the Board, his/her claim for allotment shall be passed over without further reference to the candidate.
- A candidate should note that his/ her admission to the Examination/ Interview shall be deemed provisional subject to determination of his/ her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage, even after issue of the letter of appointment a candidate is found ineligible for admission to this Examination, his/ her candidature shall be cancelled without further reference to him/ her.
- Canvassing: Any attempt on the part of candidate to enlist support for his/ her application shall disqualify for appointment.
- The Candidate is advised in his/her own interest to apply Online. Application Form should be submitted much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on Web-Server on account of heavy load on internet/website.
- Candidates are requested to follow the website (www.wbhrb.in) time to time for any update information.
- MBBS degree included in the First Schedule OR Second Schedule OR Part II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102) of 1956 with a recognized and requisite Post Graduate Qualification in the respective Speciality and registration as Medical Practitioners in the Medical Council of India, OR any State Medical Council provided that the Candidate, if appointed, must register his/her name in the West Bengal Medical Council within 6months of joining the West Bengal Health Service.
- Provided the age relaxation of 2 years may be given for otherwise well qualified and experience candidates and age relaxation may be given to such Doctors who have served under this State Government, to an extent equivalent to the period of such regular service, subject to a maximum of 5 years;
- Provided further that the age relaxation may be given to such Doctors who have served under this State Government, on contractual basis, to an extent equivalent to the period of such service, subject to a maximum of 3 years;
- Provided further that the age may also be relaxable by 5 years for the candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Ex-Servicemen as per Government Rules OR Orders for the time being in force.
- Healthcare in West Bengal features a universal health care system run by the state government. The Constitution of India charges every state with “raising of the level of nutrition and the standard of living of its people and the improvement of public health as among its primary duties”. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Government of West Bengal is responsible for healthcare administration in the state.
- The health care infrastructure is divided into three tiers — the primary health-care network, a secondary care system comprising district and sub-divisional hospitals and tertiary hospitals providing specialty and super specialty care.A Chief Medical Officer of Health (C.M.O.H.) heads each of the eighteen districts. The responsibility of CMOH is to manage the primary health care sector and ensure the effective implementation of the various medical, health and family welfare programmes.
- The secondary level hospitals (sub-divisional and district hospitals) are headed by superintendents who report to the C.M.O.H. and are accountable to a hospital management committee. At the block level, the Block Medical Officer of Health (BMOH) is responsible for providing services and for monitoring and supervising the primary health centres and health programme implementation.
- West Bengal Health Service provides the health care professionals for the statewide infrastructure, while Medical Education Service employs teachers at the training institutions.
- The number and beds sanctioned in different types of healthcare setup, as published by the government of West Bengal, are in the following table.In this table, hospitals under other departments of state government include government undertaking organisations, and rural hospitals include those ones which were upgraded from block primary health centre.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form