EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.06/2018-IES/ISS
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites Application for Indian Economic Service & Indian Statistical Service Exam (IES/ISS) 2018 for 46 Vacancy Last Date 16 April, Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2018, & legal officer Vacancy . Qualification / eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
1.Name of the post- Indian Economic Service (IES)
No of post- 46
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
- Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
- Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
- vacancy has been kept reserved for PwBD (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for Indian Statistical Service and 1 vacancy has been kept reserved for PwBD (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for the Indian Economic Service by the Government through IES/ISS Exam, 2018.
- The number of vacancies mentioned above is liable to alteration. Reservation will be given effect to as per policy of the Govt.
- A candidate may compete for any one of the Services only viz. the Indian Economic Service or the Indian Statistical Service, for which he/she is eligible in terms of the rules. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidate belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his/her Application Form for Indian Economic Service Examination/Indian Statistical Service Examination that he/she belongs to General Category but subsequently write to the Commission to change his/her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
- While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a gap not more than 3 months between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming person with benchmark disability during the course of the examination process, the candidate should produce valid documents showing him/her acquiring a disability to the extent of 40% or more as defined under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 to enable him/her to get the benefits of reservation earmarked for persons with benchmark disability provided he/she otherwise remains eligible for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service as per Rule 19 of the Rules of the Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed
instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 21 March 2018
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 16 April 2018
Last Date for Payment of Fee (Online): 16 April 2018
Last Date for Payment of Fee (Cash): 15 April 2018
Date of Written Exam: 29 June 2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form