Last Date:04 July,2019
Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCI)
SCI aka Shipping Corporation of India Limited invites application for the post of 02 Law Officer. Walk-In-Interview 02 July 2019. SCI Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.shipindia.com
Name of the post — Law Officer
No of post — 02
Pay Scale — 60000/- (Per Month)
Full time Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Post Graduate Degree in law with minimum of 60% marks.
General Instruction:public sector recruitment
- Indian Nationals only need to apply.
- After selection, the waitlist panel will be valid for a period of six months from the date of finalization and shall be applicable in case of selected candidates not joining for any reason or selected candidates separating from the organization.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or suppress any information while filing up the application form or during the verification process. In any such case, the candidature/engagement made shall be treated as null/void at any stage in the selection process.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check their e-mail and the Corporation’s website for information.
- The engagement of selected candidates will be subject to their being declared medically fit by the approved Hospital and by Medical officer of the Corporation. The medical examination will be conducted at Mumbai.
- After communication of selection the selected candidates must join within a period of 30 days otherwise the offer of engagement will be cancelled.
- The selection of candidates for selection process shall be at the discretion of the Corporation and the decision in this matter will be final and binding.
- The decision of SCI Management regarding eligibility criteria, acceptance or rejection of applications to the post etc. shall be final and binding on all candidates. Mere fulfilment of the minimum qualification, experience and job requirement will not vest any right on candidates for being called for document verification/Interview.
- Any corrigendum/updates to the advertisement will be published on our website only; hence candidates are requested to check the Corporations Website regularly.
- Candidate will appear for the interview at their own cost and risk. SCI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Management reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and SCI will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false information. The candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage it is found that the candidates have furnished false or wrong information; their candidature/engagement will be cancelled. Canvassing in any form during any stage of recruitment process will lead to cancellation of candidature. Court of
jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Mumbai.
- Interviews will be held in Mumbai. The candidates are requested to carry a copy of the duly filledin attached bio-data form along with the certificates (Original + 1 set photocopy) on the day of the interview. Candidates are also requested to send their updated resume on email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Application for Law Officer” on or before 04th July 2019.
- The candidates will have to carry with them all original certificates and photocopies of following documents. The documents will be verified prior to the candidates being allowed to participate in the interview. Documents: (i) Educational qualification mark sheet & Completion Certificate (ii)Experience Certificate (iii)Date of Birth proof (Birth Certificate / School – Leaving Certificate)
(iv)Identity Proof (AADHAAR/PAN/Passport/Election Photo Identity Card/Driving Licence) (v)Employer’s Certificate or appointment letter along with promotion/increment letters indicating Scale of Pay on superannuation.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria for Educational Qualification, Age and Experience. In case of large number of applications the Company reserves the right to shortlist the number of candidates for Interview out of eligible candidates. The short listing will be based on higher qualification, length and range of experience, Accreditations, Certifications and Special
- Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid / Chemical carriers, LPG / Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels. Sailing through for nearly five decades, the SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map.
- As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; servicing both national and international trades.
- In view of the demand from Indian trade, the SCI has diversified into a large number of areas. The SCI is today the only Indian shipping Company operating: break-bulk services, international container services, liquid/dry bulk services, offshore services, passenger services. In addition, the SCI mans and manages a large number of vessels on behalf of various government departments and organizations.
- The SCI has immensely contributed to the growth of India’s EXIM trade and the national exchequer, by being a net earner/saver of valuable foreign exchange.
- Over the years, SCI has been a lifeline for the country in times of emergency and distress, by ensuring continued and uninterrupted supply of crude oil, which drives the country’s economy.
- Liberalization and globalization of the Indian economy has presented the SCI with a suite of growth and diversification opportunities. The SCI’s growth has been additionally spurred on by the presence of a modern, young and diversified fleet, operated by a large pool of well trained and experienced manpower, both onshore and at sail.
- As a profitable commercial venture of the Government of India, the SCI has an excellent track record of profitability since its inception. The SCI’s annual performance has consecutively been rated excellent for a record 18 times, under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Government of India.
- The Government of India has conferred “Navratna” status to SCI on 01.08.2008 – enhanced autonomy and delegation of powers to the Company towards capital expenditure, formation of Joint Ventures, mergers, etc.
- Continued profitability of the SCI is been due to a slew of innovative and timely strategies and measures adopted by the SCI management. Amongst these include, inter alia, judicious and optimal utilization of available tonnage, by deploying it in the most remunerative sectors; commencement of new services in niche markets; identification and expeditious disposal of value destroyers or non-performing assets; forging alliances with leading market players to enhance cargo; availability and apportioning of expenses; and administrative cost cutting.
- The SCI takes pride in being a responsible and socially committed owner, placing greater emphasis on the safety of life, vessels, cargo and the environment it operates in. Today, the SCI has evolved into a highly quality and safety conscious organization.
- Not surprisingly, the SCI has received numerous awards and accolades from various national and international organizations for excellence in customer satisfaction, operational efficiencies, human resource training and emergency preparedness.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form