Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force invites application for the post of Group X & Group Y (Airmen) Vacancy 2018. Indian Air Force Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.indianairforce.nic.in
Name of the post – Group X & Group Y (Airmen)
No of post – Not Specified
Pay Scale – Rs. 33,100/- & Rs. 26,900/-
General Instructions:govt jobs
- Candidates must indicate five choices of examination centre and three choices of ASCs in order of preference while filling up the online application form. However, Central Airmen Selection Board reserves the right to allot any centre other than those mentioned in the application.
- REQUESTS FOR CHANGE OF EXAMINATION CENTRE OR DATE OF SELECTION TEST SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- Candidates not reporting for the test on due date and time shall not be accommodated on other dates/shifts.
- Duplicate / Incomplete / erroneously filled applications shall be rejected.
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible.
- In case, a candidate clears all the stages of Selection Procedure then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment shall be 21 years.
- Candidate should apply only once in response to this advertisement.
- Candidature of candidates who apply MORE THAN ONCE IN RESPONSE TO THIS ADVERTISEMENT AND OBTAINS different registration numbers for Group ‘X’, Group ‘Y’ or both, SHALL BE REJECTED.
- If there is any variation between English & Hindi/any other regional language versions of the advertisement, English version may be taken as authentic.
- Any CORRIGENDUM/CHANGES/UPDATES shall be available ONLY on CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in and NO INTIMATION SHALL BE GIVEN IN ANY NEWS PAPER/ANY OTHER MEDIA. All candidates are required to see the website of this office from time to time.
- Enrolment shall be for an initial period of 20 years which may be extended up to the age of 57 years (subject to service conditions). Initially, candidates shall be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at Basic Training Institute, Belagavi (Karnataka). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for trade related training of specified durations which shall include security training. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ALL STAGES OF TRAINING, THE AIRMEN SHALL BE DEPLOYED ON JOBS AS PER THEIR ALLOTTED TRADES. ALLOTTED TRADE SHALL NOT BE CHANGED ON CANDIDATE’S REQUEST ON ANY GROUNDS.
- Candidates should be in possession of the documents mentioned at para 17 above, when appearing for the Selection Test which would be scrutinised/verified prior to commencement of Phase – II to ascertain the eligibility prima-facie. Detailed verification of all the documents listed at para 17 above shall be carried out in respect of candidates who pass Adaptability Test – 1. Candidature of those who do not meet the laid down educational criteria shall be cancelled during Initial verification of original certificates & mark sheets and also during detailed verification at
Airmen Selection Centre (ASC).
- In the case of SOAFP the Name of the candidate, Father’s Name and the date of Birth of the candidate as mentioned in the Discharge Book/Service Book/ Service Particular Certificate/ Casualty Certificate (as applicable) must be the same as mentioned in the Matriculation Passing Certificate of the
- Test without Original Educational Marks Sheets/Passing Certificates & Documents mentioned above in paragraph 17 (e) to (k). However, candidates with photocopies of Educational Marks Sheets/Passing Certificates may be permitted to appear in the Selection Test only on production of a certificate
from College/School Principal certifying that Educational Certificates/Marks sheets are deposited with College/School.
- The original Passing Certificates/Marks Sheets shall not be retained by the Selection Centre.The same shall be returned to the candidates on completion of detailed verification.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Names of the shortlisted candidates, who qualify the Online Test, shall be displayed on the CASB Web Portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in and on a stipulated date shall be called at designated Airmen Selection Centre for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) which would consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds. Candidates shall also have to complete 10 Push-ups,10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
- Candidates shall sign a consent form prior to appearing in Physical Fitness Test/Medical Test for selection in IAF. He shall appear in these tests at his own risk and shall not be paid any compensation by IAF for injury/casualty if any, sustained by him during such tests. The consent form shall be signed by Parents/Guardian of candidates below 18 years of age.
- Adaptability Test- I (For both Group ‘ X’ & Group ‘Y’ Trades) All candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) shall have to undertake Adaptability Test-I (objective type written test) which is to assess suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
How To Apply:
- Online registration for the Selection Test shall be available from 02 January 2019 on www.airmenselection.cdac.in and shall close on 21 January 2019. Detailed instructions on how to register/fill-up application form are available on the website. Candidates are to strictly follow the given
- PROVISIONAL SELECT LIST (PSL). THE PSL (MERIT-WISE) WILL BE PREPARED AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SELECTION TEST AND THE SAME BE DISPLAYED AT ALL THE AIRMEN SELECTION CENTRES (ASCs) AND ALSO ON WEBSITE www.airmenselection.cdac.in ON 31 OCTOBER 2019. INCLUSION OF NAMES OF CANDIDATES IN THE PSL DEPENDS UPON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CANDIDATES IN THE EXAM AND ALSO SUBJECT TO MEDICAL FITNESS.INCLUSION OF NAME IN PROVISIONAL SELECT LIST (PSL) DOES NOT GUARANTEE AUTOMATIC ENROLMENT. ENROLMENT IS STRICTLY IN ORDER OF MERIT SUBJECT TO MEDICAL FITNESS,AVAILABILITY OF VACANCIES, NOT EXCEEDING THE AGE OF 21 YEARS ON DATE OF ENROLMENT AND MEETING ALL THE LAID DOWN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AS AND WHEN CALLED FOR ENROLMENT. THE VALIDITY OF THE PSL SHALL BE 06 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF DISPLAY AND SHALL BE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR INTAKE/ENTRY 01/2020 .
- ENROLMENT LIST – List of candidates finally called for enrolment in intake 01/2020 will be published on 10 December 2019. Separate call letter shall be sent to the candidates called for enrolment.
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application:02-01-2018.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application:21-01-2018.
Interested candidates may apply online through the Indian Air Force‘s website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in/ OR https://airmenselection.cdac.in/CASB/ from 02.01.2019 to 21.01.2019.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form