Short Service Commission Non-Technology, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Indian Army, Delhi Aug 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders
NCC Special Entry Scheme 35th Course Commencing April-2014 Short Service Commission (SSC) (Non-Technology) (OTA, Chennai) for Male & Female
The Indian Army is looking for a few good Men and Women. For the best and the brighest amongst you. For men/women with intellect, idealism and courage. Applications are invited from unmarried/married male and unmarried female or widow of defence candidates for for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army.
Vacancies : 54 posts [50 posts for male and 04 posts for women (10% reserved for wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)]
Age : Not below 19 years and not over 25 years (not born earlier than 02 January 1989 and not later than 01 Jan 1995)
The Criteria of NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders to appear directly for SSB for SSC (Non-Technical) at Officers Training Academy, Chennai : (i) Educational Qualification : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all years. (ii) Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division of NCC (iii) Grading : Should have minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
Wards of Battle Casualties : Holding of NCC ‘C’ Certificate at the time of filling of applications not required. Wards of Battle Casualties send their applications direct to Addl. Dte. Gen of Recruiting, Recruiting NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/ wounded/ reported missing in action issued by MP/Dte/ Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as Battle Casualtieis in case of Service/Medically boarded out pers. Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte 01/08/2013 for this category.andhra pradesh government jobs
Pay Scale & Stipend : Stipend during the period of training is Rs.21000/-. On completion they will be commissioned as Lt in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 wth Grade Pay 5400 and MSP Rs.6000/- and other allowances.
Method of Selection : All Applications in the prescribed format will be forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/GP HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to Hq DG NCC. On arrival at the SSB, the Shortlisted candidates will be administered stage-1 of the two stage testing procedure.
Medical Examination : Candidates recommended by the SSB will go under Medical Examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
How to Apply: Apply on the plain paper as per the prescribed format. Applications should be posted to the Units from where the NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued. Applications of candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by the commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC West Block- IV , R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066. All NCC units will forward the application to DDG, NCC of the concerned state. DDG NCC will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC.
1. In case of UPSC Entries (NDA, IMA (DE) and OTA [SSC (Non Tech, men and women)], wait for the UPSC Advertisement in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar/ UPSC website.
2. War Widows and Wards of Battle Casualties. After downloading common application form from this website, post the form duly filled with attested photocopies of documents to Rtg Dte (Rtg-6), as per the address given in the advertisement.
3. Points To Note for Non-UPSC Entries. 10th Class Certificate, 12th Class Certificate and latest College education documents (final marksheet or previous semester marksheets or degree cert or provisional degree cert) are required to be attached as attested photocopies with most applications as given in the advertisement.
4. After applying online candidates are requested to take a print out of online application, paste his/her photograph in the space provided duly attested by gazetted officer. Sign the application in blue ink at the space provided and sent it alongwith attested copies of educational
5. It may be noted that depending upon the total number of applications received by this office for 10+2 TES Course/Technical Graduate Course(TGC) /Short Service Commission Technical(SSC Tech) Men &Short Service Commission Technical(SSC Tech) Women,
6. Consequent to the Sixth Pay Commission salaries have shot up. While the pay and the allowances of an Army officer may superficially appear to be at par with other Central government services, and may be less than that offered by the corporate sector,
7. Variety and adventure are the spice and romance of life. No profession has the kind of recreational and adventure facilities to offer as the Army does; from membership of the best clubs in country to horse riding, swimming, golfing, mountaineering, trekking and sailing.
8. Even after laying down the uniform, Army officers continue to have the status of the most respected citizens of our country. This added to their ingrained code of conduct and ethical values enable them to occupy a special social niche in society.
Tentative Last Date: 01-09-2013
About the organization:
The distinguished history of Indian Army dates back more than ten thousand years. The two grand epics of ‘Ramayana’ and ‘Mahabharata’ constitute the fundamental framework around which the edifice of Indian Army is built. The massive war ‘Mahabharata’, fought at Kurukshetra in north-central India, has left indelible imprints on the Indian psyche. Fought relentlessly for eighteen days in the quest of peace, the force level described in the Epic states 18 ‘Akshaunis’, seven with the ‘Pandavas’ and eleven with the ‘Kauravas’, amounting to nearly 400,000 assorted troops fighting on chariots, horses, elephants and foot soldiers. Though innumerable wars have been fought thereafter, most were in quest of universal peace and ‘dharma’. Recourse to arms was only taken when peace was threatened. In fact the word ‘peace’ forms the very core of Indian philosophy, which can most aptly be traced to one of India’s ancient scriptures known as the ‘Yajurveda’. It is stated in verse, the English translation of which reads – “May the sky be peaceful; may the atmosphere be peaceful; may the earth be peaceful; may eternal peace cometh upon us”.
Click above to download
the vacancy details