Supervisor, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Labour Bureau, Haryana Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for Recruitment of 120 posts of Supervisors on contract basis III the Labour Bureau offices [Chandigarh -70: Kanpur -15: Kolkata -15: Ahmedabad -20]
Name of the Post : Supervisor : 120
Age Limit : Indian citizens above the age of 21 years as on 1.7.2U12.
Essential Qualifications :
i) Candidates holding degree with Statistics/ Economics/ Mathematics as one of the subjects or Graduate 111 Commerce and having f1uency in the local language are eligible.
ii) Minimum 2 years experience in the field of Data CUIlCCtlOl1, SOCIO Economic Surveys, Marketing, Academics, Computer/IT or in any other related discipline under any Government o)r Private Organisation of repute
iii) Knowledge of Computer application is desirable
How to apply :The candidates may apply by post (preferably Speed Post) and the completed application in the prescribed format, given below, should reach to the Office of Director General,Labour Bureau,Ministry of Labour & Employment,Government of India,SCO 28-31, Sector 17 A ,Chandigarhbank jobs
Selection Procedure :
On the basis of the information furnished by the applicants, short listing would be done and shortlisted candidates would be called for personal interviews. The venue, date and time of the interview shall be intimated to the shortlisted candidates through Speed Post.
1. ApplIcations are invited from eligible IndIan crtizens for Recrultrnc:nt oj 120 posts of Supervisors on contract basIs III the Labour Bun
2. Candidates holdmg degree HI Statistics/ Economics/ Mathematics as one of the subJects or Uraduate 111 Commerce and havmg t1uency m the local language are eligible.
3. Super-vlsurs will be put on the Job for data checkl11g, co-ordinatlon WIth 35 States/UTs in selected distncts and overall superviSion of the fielel work relatmg to the large scale Employment
4. m schedules of data collection received from the InvestIgators at the Hcadquarters Office as \vell as the Regional Uftlces of Labour Bureau, he! she may also be reqUired to undertake data collection work in eXigenCIes,
5. The candidates may apply by post (preferably Speed Post) and the completed applIcation In the prescnbed format, given below, should reach to the Office of Director General, Labour Bureau, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, SCQ 28-31, Sector 17 A , Chandigarh
6. On the basls of the 111formation furnished by the appllcants, short hsting would be done and shortlisted candidates would be called for personal mtervlews. The venue, date and tane of the interview shall be intimated to the shortlisted candidates through Speed Post.
Tentative Last Date :30-07-2012
About the organization:
Labour Statistics in India may be said to have originated when the first national population census was conducted in 1872. This census gave not only the count of number of persons, but also the number of gainfully employed. Since then every census has thrown useful data on workers in different industries and occupations every 10 years. Besides the statistics on employment thrown by the census, other data on labour statistics until the Second World War, were collected on ad-hoc basis, mostly as a by product of administration of labour laws and not as a basis for formulation of labour policies. The Royal Commission on Labour in 1931 pointed out the need for systematic collection of labour statistics. It observed that the policy must be built on facts as the uncertainty of facts would lead to confusion and conflict regarding its aim. The Commission recommended the adoption of suitable legislation enabling the Competent Authority to collect and collate information regarding the living, working and socio-economic conditions of industrial labour. Further, the inflationary pressure during the early period of the Second World War gave rise to demands of workers for compensation in their wages necessitating setting up of machinery for measuring changes in prices.
Ministry of Labour & Employment,
Government of India,
SCO 28-31, Sector 17 A ,
Click above to download
the vacancy details