Director, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Indian Council Of Medical Research , Delhi Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for one post of Director at its National Institute of Virology, Pune in the Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000 Plus Grade Pay Rs.10000/- and usual allowances as admissible as per Government norms.
Indian Council of Medical Research is a premier medical research organization dealing with health research in various areas in collaboration with national and international agencies through its 33 Institutes/Centers and 100 field stations situated all over the country with state of art infrastructural facilities. The post is with all India transfer liability under the Council.
Name of the post : Director : 01
Pay Band-4 : Rs.37400-67000
Grade Pay : Rs.10000/-latest karnataka govt jobs
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE :
(i) Postgraduate degree in medical subjects recognized by MCI or Doctorate Degree in Medicine/Pathology/Microbiology/Public Health or related life science disciplines or equivalent from a recognized University.
(ii) Fifteen years R&D experience in the relevant areas in a recognized institute(s) after obtaining essential qualification (i) above out of which at least 5 years in a managerial position to handle R&D projects independently in a team effectively and independent management of a Division/Institute.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION :
(i) Additional Post doctoral research/teaching experience in relevant subjects after Ph.D in recognized institute(s)
(ii) Knowledge of Computer Applications.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
This is a top level research management post concerned with research on viruses and viral diseases of public health importance such as Japanese Encephalitis, Dengue, Chikungunya, H1N1, Kyasanur Forest Diseases/Hepatitis etc. The Director is expected to provide leadership and help to formulate and implement research programmes and also collaborate with reputed Institutes in India and abroad. He/She will have the overall responsibility of managing the research activities of Institute within the framework of the ICMR System and ensuring that creative, innovate research studies are undertaken in the identified priority areas (development of Intervention strategies, coordinate studies on vaccines & diagnostic tool and imparting training). Director is also responsible for manpower development through M.Sc and Ph.D program and training programs and interacting with and assisting the local health authorities in tackling outbreak due to viral diseases in different parts of country.
AGE LIMIT : Not exceeding 52 years.
How to Apply :Application forms and other information can be obtained from ICMR’s websiteApplication forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to theDirector General,Indian Council of Medical Research,V.Ramalingaswami Bhawan,Ansari Nagar,Post Box 4911,New Delhi – 110029
1. This is a top level research management post concerned with research on viruses and viral diseasesof public health importance such as Japanese Encephalitis, Dengue, Chikungunya, H1N1, Kyasanur ForestDiseases
2. He/She will have theoverall responsibility of managing the research activities of Institute within the framework of the ICMRSystem and ensuring that creative, innovate research studies are undertaken in the identified priority areas(development of Intervention strategies,
3. Age, qualification and experience will be relaxable in deserving cases as mentioned in theRecruitment Rules of Health Research Scientists Cadre of ICMR, 2007 under Rule 14 and Notes: 1 & 2 ofSchedule- III.
4. Age, qualification and experience will be relaxable in deserving cases as mentioned in theRecruitment Rules of Health Research Scientists Cadre of ICMR, 2007 under Rule 14 and Notes: 1 & 2 ofOther Service Conditions:Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000 Plus Grade Pay Rs.10000/-.
5. Benefits of new restructured defined contributory Pension system are admissible as per theprovision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECD &PR Division), Notification No.5/7/2003-ECD
6. Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/Public SectorUndertakings and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through properchannel.
7. Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payableto the Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.SC/ST/PH and women candidates are exempted from the application fee. IPOs arepayable by all other candidates including ICMR employees.
Tentative Last Date :20-08-2012
About the organization:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.As early as in 1911, the Government of India set up the Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA) with the specific objective of sponsoring and coordinating medical research in the country. After independence, several important changes were made in the organisation and the activities of the IRFA. It was redesignated in 1949 as the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) with considerably expanded scope of functions.The ICMR is funded by the Government of India through the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.The Council’s research priorities coincide with the National health priorities such as control and management of communicable diseases, fertility control, maternal and child health, control of nutritional disorders, developing alternative strategies for health care delivery, containment within safety limits of environmental and occupational health problems; research on major non-communicable diseases like cancer, cardiovascular diseases, blindness, diabetes and other metabolic and haematological disorders; mental health research and drug research (including traditional remedies). All these efforts are undertaken with a view to reduce the total burden of disease and to promote health and well-being of the population.The Governing Body of the Council is presided over by the Union Health Minister.
Indian Council Of Medical Research
Post Box 4911,
New Delhi – 110029
Click above to download
the vacancy details