Technical Assistant A’& Library Assistant A, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites applications for following posts on contract basis :
1. Technical Assistant ‘A’ : 05 posts
2. Library Assistant ‘A’ : 05 posts
Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4600/-
Age : Age limit: 35 years as on 17/06/2012 (SC/ST/OBC/ Ex-servicemen/ Persons With Disability (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per rule).psu jobs
How to Apply : Application should reach the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547
1. Age limitAge limit is 35 years as on 17.06.2012, 38 years for OBC and 40 years in the case of SC/STcandidates. Ex-Servicemen & Persons With Disability (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation asper Government rules.
2. As on date, approximate salary for the post of Scientist/Technical Assistant is Rs.28,280/- permonth.
3. The Institute has a progressive HRD policy and provides an excellent growth potential for theright individual through its periodical Merit Based Performance review system (called MeritPromotion Scheme)
4. The Institute provides medical facilities (Contributory Health Service Scheme) for self anddependants, transport facilities/transport allowance, canteen facilities, housingaccommodation subject to availability,
5. Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications submittedas and when required.
6. Outstation candidates called for Interview will be paid to and fro Sleeper Class Railway Fareby the shortest route including reservation/sleeper charges on production of proof of journeysuch as Railway Tickets/Ticket Number or Bus tickets, etc.
7. The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same doesnot automatically make candidates eligible for Interview. Based on Bio-data initial screeningwill be done to short list the candidates.
8. The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
9. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
10. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
Tentative Last Date :17-06-2012
About the organization:
This unique concept took root in January 2007, when IIST was registered as a Society under the Travancore -Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955. IIST received the approval of the Union Cabinet on 26 April, 2007 and it was formally inaugurated on 14 September 2007 by Dr. G. Madhavan Nair. In a little less than a year of its establishment, IIST received the recognition of UGC as a ‘Deemed to be University’ under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.The Institute has the unique mandate of encouraging and equipping brilliant youngsters from all parts of the country to take up a career as Scientist/Engineer in the Indian Space Research Organisation. IIST functions as a autonomous body under the Department of Space, Government of India.The main campus at Valiamala houses the academic area, research laboratories, library and information blocks, computer centre, administrative area, senate cum convocation area, residential area for the members of the faculty, administrative and support staff. There is a students activity centre, and a sports complex for both students and faculty members.
Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST)
Click above to download
the vacancy details