Fireman, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Chennai Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
CPCL invites applications from persons of Indian Nationality for the position of Fireman. The number of vacancies indicated are tentative which may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the Management.
Name of the post : Fireman : 04
Education Qualification : Matriculate from Govt. recognized Board or Institute. Knowledge of English (reading & writing) is preferable.
Technical Qualification : Must have completed Fireman’s Certificate course from NFSC Nagpur / State / Central Govt. Fire Service Institute. The duration of the course shall not be less than (6) six months. Candidate must possess HMV Driving License
Physical Standards :
Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties. This requirement shall be tested as under;
a) Height without shoes : 165 cms
b) Weight : 50 kgs (minimum)
c) Chest (Unexpanded) : 81 cms
d) Chest (Expanded) : 86.5 cms
e) Vision : 6/6 without any lid, No Colour blindness
Age Limit : Not less than 18 years and maximum 30 years as on 31.07.2012
EXPERIENCE : 2 (two) years relevant experience in Refinery / Petroleum / Petrochemical / Chemical / Fertilizer / Gas Processing Plant.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTY : Working in shifts with Jobs pertaining to Prevention of Fire & Ensuring Safety of the Refinery / Storage Tanks and other process equipments, monitoring, operation, and co-ordination with control room and other allied jobs assigned from time to time.
PAY & EMOLUMENTS : Candidates having atleast two years of relevant post-qualification work experience will be appointed in the pre-revised IDA Pay Scale of `5,100-9,500 on a basic pay of `5,100/- (Rupees Five Thousand Eight Hundred only) in Grade II in Non-Supervisory cadre, subject to medical fitness. The Pay scales are due for revision w.e.f. 01.01.2009.
MODE OF SELECTION :
There will be written test / Interview only for those candidates who possess prescribed Physical Standards and also qualify in the Endurance Test, which include, carrying weight (Fireman lift 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 metres within 96 seconds), clearing 2.7 metres wide ditch landing on both feet (long jump), climbing a 3 metres vertical rope using hands and feet. The candidates will have to pass successfully through each stage of the selection process including medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for selection.
APPLICATION FEE : Rs. 200/- Demand Draft Drawn in favour of “Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited”, payable at Chennai.
How to Apply :The application format is available on our web site.Applications complete in all respects in the prescribed manner, should be sent by ORDINARY POST ONLY, superscribing on the envelope – Application for the post of Fireman toCPCL,Post Box No.1,Manali,Chennai 600 068
1. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria and desiring to offer their services should submit their applications inthe prescribed format supported by all relevant documents (qualification / experience
2. All the qualifications should be full time regular courses from a Government recognized Board / Institute.
3. Candidates are required to possess a valid e-mail id, which is to be entered in the application form, so thatintimation regarding downloading of call letter for written test / interview can be sent. CPCL will not beresponsible for any non-receipt / bouncing of any email sent to the candidates.
4. The period of experience will be determined upto 31.07.2012.
5. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper Caste Certificate as per theproforma prescribed by the Government of India
6. Candidates serving in Government Departments / PSUs must apply through proper channel or furnish “NOOBJECTION CERTIFICATE” at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for theinterview.
7. Selection and Appointment of candidates is subject to verification of Caste / Character & Antecedents fromauthorities concerned.
8. SC / ST candidates will be reimbursed single Second Class Railway / Bus fare from the nearest railway stationof the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the shortest route on production of ticket,provided the distance is not less than 30 kms.
9. Applications complete in all respects in the prescribed manner, should be sent by ORDINARY POST ONLY,superscribing on the envelope – Application for the post of Fireman to CPCL, Post Box No.1, Manali,Chennai 600 068 so as to reach latest by 31st July 2012.
Tentative Last Date: 31-07-2012
About the organization:
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL), formerly known as Madras Refineries Limited (MRL) was formed as a joint venture in 1965 between the Government of India (GOI), AMOCO and National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) having a share holding in the ratio 74%: 13%: 13% respectively. Originally ,CPCL Refinery was set up with an installed capacity of 2.5 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) in a record time of 27 months at a cost of Rs. 43 crore without any time or cost over run.In 1985, AMOCO disinvested in favour of GOI and the shareholding percentage of GOI and NIOC stood revised at 84.62% and 15.38% respectively. Later GOI disinvested 16.92% of the paid up capital in favor of Unit Trust of India, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies and Banks on 19 th May 1992, thereby reducing its holding to 67.7 %. The public issue of CPCL shares at a premium of Rs. 70 (Rs. 90 to FIIs) in 1994 was over subscribed to an extent of 38 times and added a large shareholder base.As a part of the restructuring steps taken up by the Government of India, IndianOil acquired equity from GOI in 2000-01.
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
Post Box No.1,
Chennai 600 068
Click above to download
the vacancy details