Sarkari Naukri »
RRB – Selection Process
RRBs recruit Group “C personnel for different Zonal Railways/Production Units.
In all, there are 19 (nineteen) RRBs, which cater to the respective zonal staffing requirements. Based on the Indents received, Employment Notifications are released in Employment News (A publication of the Government of India) and Indicative advertisements in other News Papers.
Generally Notifications are issued by RRBs once or twice in a year based on Railway’s need.
In order to ensure uniformity through out the RRBs, there is a standard format for application.
The process involved in the selection of RRB is :
- Receipt and scrutiny of applications for different eligibility criteria.
- Listing of eligible candidates.
- Fixing examination date and centre.
- Issue of call letters to eligible candidates 30 days in advance of the date of examination.
- Publishing through website the list of rejected applications with reasons for such rejection.
- Holding of second stage written exam/skill test/aptitude test/interview as per the norms.
- Verification of documents for the candidates qualified in all the stages of exam.
The applications received are scrutinized for different eligibility criteria and a list of eligible candidates is drawn. Thereafter, examination date and centre is fixed and call letters are dispatched to eligible candidates one month in advance of the date of examination. Simultaneously the rejected applications data is published in the website for information of in-eligible candidates.
The examinations may be single stage, two stages, single stage written exam followed by skill test/aptitude test/interview depending on the nature of the posts advertised.
Candidates qualified in all stages of the examination are finally called for document verification, wherein, all the records are verified and checked with original documents.
The following documents are to be produced in original:
- All academic certificates and date of birth proof.
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
- Latest caste certificate and the certificate enclosed along with the application in respect of OBC candidates.
- NOC in case of departmental candidates
- Discharge certificate in case of EXS
Recommending names of the successful candidates to the Chief Personnel Officer of the indenting Railways for medical examination, final record verification and issue of offer of appointment.
All RRBs have state of art websites where following information is promptly available -
- Recruitment procedures
- Examination schedules
- Standard application form
- Standard format for caste certificate
- New Notification
- On line registration and application
- On line examination demo
- Status of Notification
- List of in eligible applicants
More over any upcoming jobs/vacancies with indian railways are promptly available on govtjobs.in
The selection process is based on merit and is subject to the rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), Government of India which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/communities such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Communities (OBC), etc. Ex-servicemen are also entitled for reservation as per the rules. The entire computerized recruitment system functions impersonally without fear or favour. There is no scope for corruption, influence or discretion in this process. Candidates indulging in malpractices and unfair means are dealt with strictly and debarred from appearing for all RRB examinations.
The posts earmarked for PWD (persons with dis-abilities) are not filled through RRB. Responsibility of recruitment of PWD against the earmarked posts / vacancies rests with the respective production unit/zonal railway.
The overall policy guidelines for all Railway Recruitment Boards in India are laid down by Railway Recruitment Control Board, New Delhi.